Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

PvP tales! - Page 18 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by Sentiel Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:03 am

Summoned a guy in Burg.
    He had some high Poise stuff and Furysword. I thought that I could practice parrying it and focused on parrying so much that I died. Lame, I know. So I summoned him one more time. After some relaxed fighting he tried to cast some Pyro AoE next to me.
    Look Skyward
    So I backstabbed him.
    He backed away and healed.
    "Ok, it's on (insert slang for female dog)!"

I kept backstabbing him through his healing until he finally died.

He send me a message.
    "sucks to suck"

So I replied that he should improve to stop sucking. lol!

Then I got called a backstab fisher. :shock:

Last fight.
    He kept spamming that Furysword like there's no tomorrow and I kept troll poking him with Rapier. Then he suddenly used jumping attack while close to me, effectively jumping bahind my back. Really, to backstab him, I didn't even need to move a single step, just press that R1. After I pulled my Rapier from his back I kept waiting for a witty response, or his sign, but nothing.

I'm a very bad person. :evil:
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:06 pm

I was in Sen's Fortress. I had two phantoms summoned. Then an invader invaded.

He started casting Chaos Storm right in front of us, even though we were kinda close to him. Both of my summons were a little closer then I was, so I waited for one of them to do the backstab.

None of my summons moved. They didn't try to backstab or retreat. They just stood there and stared at him!

I thought, "Idiots!", and ran to the invader. When I was directly behind him he casted Chaos Storm. One of my phantoms died instantly. Then I backstabed the invader, and he fell to his death.

After I killed him I PvP tales! - Page 18 2707236321to my remaining summon.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Decided to try my hand at Darkwraithing using the cracked orbs again. First guy I get in darkroot garden and I'm having trouble finding the host. So I walk over to the are where the two ents are standing adjacent from the wolf ring area. Right as I get there I see a CSS wizz right by me and then another two or three so I look and see the host wearing a fog ring standing up on the ledge by the ring. I cast one CSS back and it misses so he backs up a little and I guess he felt safe because he just stood there and I casted a second for about 1300 damage, still no kill though. So he heals and pulls out a greatbow, I just blocked all of those and then he decided to run out to the basin and climb up the giant ladder. As I started climbing up, he just fell straight off the ledge. I don't know if he was attmepting some jump attack or just killing himself.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:25 pm

I hate Dark Anor. Too many jumpers, effed up lock ons. I just BC out if I invade there. Or, if the host is waiting to jump me, I let him kill me. Then, block him. That way, I can get back to real invasions.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:40 pm

reim0027 wrote:I hate Dark Anor. Too many jumpers, effed up lock ons. I just BC out if I invade there. Or, if the host is waiting to jump me, I let him kill me. Then, block him. That way, I can get back to real invasions.
    It's good to know I'm not the only one who blocks people. I've blocked a decent number of forest hunters myself. Only if they insist on repeat invading with the cheapest of cheap sets though. One fight I got into someone who had WotG spam, DB spam, ninja flipping, hornet ring, bleed weapon and spear poking. PvP tales! - Page 18 3358384175
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:58 pm

I would say the cheapest thing I have ever seen in the forest was yesterday actually. It was 3 guys in havels with mothers mask on and all wielding MLGS. I died pretty fast.
    Folthanos

Post by Folthanos Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Today, I was at the Kiln of the First Flame and had just summoned Solaire, when suddenly somebody invaded. I moved towards the invader so Solaire aggroed on him, then I backed off. I wanted a fair duel so I let him take out Solaire before fighting me. Turns out he didn't really know what he's doing, and struggled to even dent Solaire. He spammed Great Fireballs but missed pretty much every one, and for every one he casted, he ate a Lightning Spear from Solaire. Long story short, he dies by the hand of Solaire. I didn't even touch him once.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Folthanos wrote:Today, I was at the Kiln of the First Flame and had just summoned Solaire, when suddenly somebody invaded. I moved towards the invader so Solaire aggroed on him, then I backed off. I wanted a fair duel so I let him take out Solaire before fighting me. Turns out he didn't really know what he's doing, and struggled to even dent Solaire. He spammed Great Fireballs but missed pretty much every one, and for every one he casted, he ate a Lightning Spear from Solaire. Long story short, he dies by the hand of Solaire. I didn't even touch him once.

I imagine he'll want to head to Lost Izalith for his revenge.
    Folthanos

Post by Folthanos Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:49 pm

gmwdim wrote:
    Folthanos wrote:Today, I was at the Kiln of the First Flame and had just summoned Solaire, when suddenly somebody invaded. I moved towards the invader so Solaire aggroed on him, then I backed off. I wanted a fair duel so I let him take out Solaire before fighting me. Turns out he didn't really know what he's doing, and struggled to even dent Solaire. He spammed Great Fireballs but missed pretty much every one, and for every one he casted, he ate a Lightning Spear from Solaire. Long story short, he dies by the hand of Solaire. I didn't even touch him once.

I imagine he'll want to head to Lost Izalith for his revenge.
    I guess so silly How are your three cats?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:02 pm

^ I read Solaire and the other phantom NPCs are beast on NG+, but if the invader was getting hit by lightning, then it probably didn't matter.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:28 am

Here's a PvP tale: during the Ceaseless Assault event I accidentally placed my WSS down instead of RSS, and promptly got summoned by a host trying to gank event participants. I just stood in a corner and PvP tales! - Page 18 3358384175as the host and other phantom died in their first fight.
    Poozila
    Poozila

Post by Poozila Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:04 am

Was in the Burg when I came across a guy that was around level 700 for the first time. Didn't even know he was that high until I saw the souls I was rewarded. Got around 877k plus souls. That was a nice little surprise.

GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 pm

So i got invaded in the catacombs right as I was taking the shortcut. But as I saw the name of the invader pop up, I could have sworn that I had seen the name somewhere before. So anyway, I jump down to leeroy and the invader follows me without fall control. They get to me with maybe half health left. As they dropped down another ledge I was waiting for them with the arty GS and took them out in two hits. After that I for whatever reason checked the book of the guilty and sure enough the invader was number two on the list.

Feels good bro.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:32 pm

I was shirtless, surrounded by hollows at the Undead Parish with a random summon sorcerer, invaded by a Havel's Lightning Spear user. My shirtless, hollow helm, brigand pants, GREATAXE build beat him.
    The Rock got stopped by these IRON HARD ABS!
    sicktwist
    sicktwist

Post by sicktwist Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:20 am

First I just want to say that I try my hardest to do the honor dueling at all times in this game, but like many of you on here when I am trying to make it through a reasonably difficult part of the game and get invaded, all bets are off.

So I'm in Sens Fortress, just made it past the first narrow stretch with the swinging guillotines headed up the stairs to deal with the lighting casting man-serpent and get invaded. I thought well I don't want to make it to far through this place just to die and do it over again, so I hold my ground and wait for him. I see him running across the narrow stretch towards me and start throwing giant fireballs in his general direction. After I threw the fourth one he must have thought I as out of pyro because he decided to come at me. I started throwing chaos fireballs and he backed of again. Switched to firestorm and waited for him to head my way again then began to cast. I caught him in it, but somehow he was not launched to his doom. So I cast the firestorm again and he avoids it. Now he really must have thought I was out of pyro, but no sir I have 11 slots for pyro on this guy. So I switch to chaos firestorm and cast it twice. Neither one hit him, but he must have had enough because he either jumped down or got with a guillotine. I figured I would continue on and meet him somewhere else in Sen's, but BCed out of my world in what I could only assume was fear.

I would've liked to get his souls, but it almost felt even better having him BC out. I had a good laugh about it, then finished my quest to the bonfire.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:39 pm

gmwdim wrote:Here's a PvP tale: during the Ceaseless Assault event I accidentally placed my WSS down instead of RSS, and promptly got summoned by a host trying to gank event participants. I just stood in a corner and PvP tales! - Page 18 3358384175as the host and other phantom died in their first fight.
    If it was a dragon dude with a chameleon pyro, that was me putting them down big grin

I was half trying to get some jolly co-oping in today at the Township, half PvPing, when I saw this dragon sign for the first time. The dude had no weapons or shield, and I destroyed him with my Iaito once and twice duel wielding Iaito and offhanding the Chaos Blade. Fourth time I summoned him I felt bad and dropped all my dragon scales, we bowed and proceeded to fight again. He got his backstab in and I realised why he wasn't wielding any weapons. Look Skyward

Last edited by densetsushun on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:00 pm

I love to PVP in the forest. It's really fun, and I get alot of good fights with my RSS. I usually keep the hornet ring equipped though, in case I get some loser that wants to abuse the invisible soul mass glitch, heal during our duel, backstab fish, summon a phantom after he summons me, or in the worst case scenario, not bow before the duel starts. So some guy summoned me, and not only did he not bow, he stood up on the staircase and fired what I'm going to assume were poison arrows. I ran up there and pivot backstabbed him. He lost at least 70% of his health, so he went down near the trees and pulled out a rapier and tried fishing, so I pivot backstabbed him again, and he died, so I sent him a message "Thou shalt bow before and after thine duel with a summoned partner"
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Me and Bloodpact91 were doing co-op in the New Londo Ruins. A guy invades, runs up to the elevator, aims at Blood with a bow. I ran towards him, and apparently he didn't notice me. I stood behind him for a while, and then began walking towards him slowly. I then quickly finished him off with a OHKO backstab.
    Anchises
    Anchises
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anchises Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 am

I was invading in Anor Londo SL50, I got two invasions in a row where the host died somewhere unseen a second after I invade, yet still indicted me(lol) followed by three invasions in a row that disconnected me immediately after the loading screen. The second of those three, I came up as a blue phantom for some reason, instead of a red.

"By the right of kindling..."
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:52 pm

I was new to DM covenant and trying out the ring. I found my guilty player outside of the now blocked access to the main elevator heading up to the bonfire. There was a Sun Brother phantom in full Black Knight mode with her. He just stood there and watched her run around in panic before I cut her down. Before I left he bowed to me.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:59 pm

I believe I've finally met my match. The same person has invaded my world around 6 times and we have had some of the best fights I've ever had since I've played the game. For the first three fights we were using uncommon weapons, and I won by a razor-thin margin each time. The next fight we both used spears, and I barely won yet again. We used the Chaos Blade in our last two fights to really get something going, though. Both fights ended in double KO's, and we each landed a parry but missed the riposte that would have ended it beforehand. It was nice getting some good, clean fights in with someone of equal skill.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:50 pm

So I got bored when I got into NG+11 so I summoned Brolaire and Lautrec in the undead parish and buffed them with the channeler's trident and waited for the invasions. I don't know if they were repeat invading for revenge or just by accident but it was pretty funny seeing them dance around trying to avoid the uber duo.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:25 am

Yesterday, I got invaded about...10 times by the same SoV, who was wearing full Brass, off hand Parrying Dagger and used, BSS, Falchion, Estoc and Rapier in main hand. No shield, no spells.

After second fight, I've put away my shield and off handed PGS (best off hand weapon imo).

All the fights with this person were very entertaining and fun. We tried to riposte each other, but no one backstabbed, even once. I intentionally gave him a few chances to bs me, but he didn't take them. That suprised me a lot. It's a rarity in DkS PvP. big grin

I invaded some full Giants, Mom mask, ninja flippin guy in Burg. He had Zwei and all he did was BS fish. It's like I got a magnet in my butt. But he summoned another guy, a Dark Spirit. After I took half his HP out, which took me one BS and Riposte with Rapier (99 Vit?!) he backed away and BSed the other guy. He was just standing there, watching. He also flasked twice to get his HP to full.

Too bad for host, the other guy was a caster with fully boosted DB. I tried to help him, but he handled the host alone.

Got over 800k Souls.

Once again, inavding in Burg. This time the host was standing on the rooftop where Throwing Knives are. Being the Bow guy, I send him few arrows. Not really trying to hit him, because I know I can't kill him like this. He seemed like a caster with his MLGS, so I thought that I will just get up there and kill him.

On the ladder I got suddenly blocked. He had a phantom on the ladder with Ring of Fog, so I totally missed him. We knocked each other down from the ladder. I've backstabbed him three times to kill him, because host kept healing him. Thank Umbasa he sucked so much that I could do more damage than host could heal.

Then host came, with MLGS and 0 Poise. When I found out he has no Poise, I just poked him to death with Rapier.

Of course I ended it with a Well What is it .

I summoned three different Dragonbros for duels and dropped 10 Scales for each of them. Only one picked them up.
    WHen I messaged the other two they replied to me, that they won't fall for such petty tricks.
    WTF?

Last edited by Sentiel on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 am

^ Re the dropping items thing, is that not entirely reasonable? They don't know you after all.

And that's hardly an uncommon trick, no?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 am

It's not like I was waiting for them next to the item, or was aiming at them/had Catalyst equipped, nor did I have a phantom present.

I dropped it before I summoned them. I placed it by the stairs and showed it to them with a Point Down .
    Then, I went to the other side of the place and Bow , so I was far away from them and in animation, thus can't harm them in any way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:15 am