Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

PvP tales! - Page 20 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:24 pm

oops...:
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:25 pm

^BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:31 pm

@EeAyEss, about giant + mom

Seems so, but that's a shame. It's not because gankers use this that it should be "removed from the game". Yes, that's not very original, maybe not the best choise too... but that's all..
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:32 pm

I used to rock giants + child mask and dmb a dgm or msgs.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:50 pm

Last night I was farming Darkwraiths in New Londo and just as I was walking up the steps into the VLE building I get invaded. I ran in and quickly BS'd all the DW's in the building and ran up the stairs and got on the ledge asap only to miss my plunging attack on an onion headed invader. All the noise attracted the DW outside the building and I ended up dying a stupid death. I came back and systematically killed all DW's in the area and lined their bodies up against the far wall in the water. Sure enough the onion head came back just like I hoped and we lay into each other. No bowing and I healed after he did. My +15 falchion against his large club. He died lined up with the rest of the DW's. against the wall. I die a lot but my kills are usually good when they happen.

Last edited by grossemesser on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Was trying to get some coop just now, so i summoned a guy in the forest and the most annoying invader ever invades. I haven't killed of the NPCs and i'm on a lowlevel character, so he hides behind each and every NPC, forcing me to take each one out.

The summon is suddenly killed as he tries to evade the invaders sorceries, forcing me to do on my own. I decide to summon a new guy because he's pissing me off. I keep doing the same thing when suddenly, that phantom dies as well.

I finally kill off the cleric, having only the bandit and him in the way. He doesn't hide behind the bandit though, which makes me assume he knew that the same thing was gonna happen. He swaps to pyromancies this time around, while turtling, making it even impossible to backstab him.

Earlier on another phantom gave me a +6 fire longsword, which i was using. With the longsword i could do damage through the shield.

The invader, scared at this, turns around to run away. However, one of the swings i did when he was turtling was still in motion, so when he turned around he got hit, staggering him. This gave me enough time to finish him off with a backstab.

Now, normally i ain't very c*cky, but this guy was just so annoying that i had to end it off with Well What is it . I felt so pleased at seeing his phantom vanish.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:59 pm

A on Saturday night in the township I got bored and started DM people. Nothing much however after one invasion which I ended up as a Darkwraith for some reason I invaded this player and first start charging attacks with the chaos blade. I win bow and messaged how weird a DM invaded a DW. I get a message about r1 spamming and sent him my view with the r2. Invade the same player and try r2 more often. Same thing I win. At this point I get a messaged about how the player doesn't care and ask if I really think I'm good. So I think the player is mad and try to be kind and message that it depends on the person and that do switch for fun. Little bit later get messaged about the wolf ring being bad for a tank which I said my build is not.
    Next night I see two messages, read them and wanting to hear the reason I messaged the player for a duel. To my surprised the player did respond and the painted world was chosen. After I summoned the player we dueled a while and it was fun though I died. Messaged me on a change of opinion since the chaos blade is hard to manage. From then on it turns out the reason for Saturday stem from bad pvping with the katana r1 spammers with me finding out the player was a Demon Souls player and talked about the old days when Xbox was filled with crappy pvpers, keeping new players from doing cheap things from being hit with griefers, the giant set ninjas builds. Nice chat.
    However when I invaded some guy in the painted world I went against a healer and wasted 3 humanity.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 am

I've invaded a ganker in Burg. He had one phantom and was summoning a Dark Spirit as I arrived. After some fighting host's phantom died to a bs just as the Dark Spirit guy was spawning. He wanted to back away, but the host got mad, or something and attacked him as well. When we almost killed the guy, he started using Divine Blessings. That ticked me off a bit, so I engaged fishing mode and equipped Hornet. It took me some some time before I finally killed him (my partner in crime was next to useless) and then something strange happened.

The game didn't gave me the usual TARGET WAS DESTROYED and the other DW disappeared only 2-3 seconds after host died. Other players usually last around 10, or so seconds after host bites the dust and I was promptly returned to my world. I didn't got any Souls, nor Humanity. To make it better, I returned to Bonfire and actually left a Bloodstain, but I didn't die in that guy's world. My HP was only slightly below half.

Did this happen to anybody else?
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 am

Sentiel wrote:I've invaded a ganker in Burg. He had one phantom and was summoning a Dark Spirit as I arrived. After some fighting host's phantom died to a bs just as the Dark Spirit guy was spawning. He wanted to back away, but the host got mad, or something and attacked him as well. When we almost killed the guy, he started using Divine Blessings. That ticked me off a bit, so I engaged fishing mode and equipped Hornet. It took me some some time before I finally killed him (my partner in crime was next to useless) and then something strange happened.

The game didn't gave me the usual TARGET WAS DESTROYED and the other DW disappeared only 2-3 seconds after host died. Other players usually last around 10, or so seconds after host bites the dust and I was promptly returned to my world. I didn't got any Souls, nor Humanity. To make it better, I returned to Bonfire and actually left a Bloodstain, but I didn't die in that guy's world. My HP was only slightly below half.

Did this happen to anybody else?

Not to me, but it could be something like this :
    You might have been disconnected from the host, just before actualy killing him.
    On his side, he might have killed your disconnected phantom too, while you where reloading your world

It's possibly something like this, I once have been disconnected from an host without getting any information popup.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:12 pm

But then it should tell me something like Disconnected from master world, no?

Hmmm it's true that he stopped movig at the last second before I killed him. Maybe he pulled the plug and the game handled it like this.

Damn DkS has some buggy PvP. :x
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Sentiel wrote:But then it should tell me something like Disconnected from master world, no?
    It should... but I 've had cases where I didn't get the message.
    Yes it's all bugged.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:48 pm

So i got summoned by RSS and then i saw a dark bead. The End of this amazing pvp tale.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Ashran wrote:So i got summoned by RSS and then i saw a dark bead. The End of this amazing pvp tale.
    Hey, I know that one!
    Tragic, really, but very common.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Ashran wrote:So i got summoned by RSS and then i saw a dark bead. The End of this amazing pvp tale.

I try to invade those guys after, but I usually get a guy from Japan with a laggy connection and a BS fish build... :evil: Revenge does not exist in this game only more frustration and suffering. Perhaps karma and maybe a little justice exist, but it's rare you get to do it yourself.

I killed one of those guys, but he got me a few minutes later and of course was extremely impressed with the fact that he was batting .500 at spawn jumping me with his 1-shot OP dark magic.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:11 pm

I invaded some guy in the Painted World. The shortcut was closed, so I went up the stairs and ran into a yellow phantom. The phantom raised his shield and ran away. I thought, "Oh great. It's a gank." I switch to my Shotel and casted Darkmoon Blade. I chased the Sunbro while keeping an eye out for the host. The Sunbro ran into a room, and I followed him. Then I saw the host standing in front of me with Stone Armor, Mask of Father, and a big weapon. I ran to him and... "Disconected from master of world."

PvP tales! - Page 20 3596227959 Did he really think he couldn't win a 2v1? lol!
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Got invaded in the forest by a dude with an offhand whip and a flamberge in the other. He immediately went in for a backstab so I dark beaded him in the face. Got a message asking if I was scared. So I told him I didn't enjoy backstab fishers, when he replied back saying full havel's with CoD was worse. So we went back and forth for a while talking and eventually he invaded me again. This time we bowed and had a damn good fight. I was only using my washing pole and they went back from the whip flamberge setup and a halberd. We kept chipping away at each other until I finished him off with a thrust attack, he ran straight into it.
    FlorisFreakshow
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlorisFreakshow Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:20 pm

I finally trolled an invader!
    In the Catacombs, when i was talking to Patches and not have passed the 1st fog wall.
    The Dark wraith was looking 4 me and I trapped him between the fog and the bridge by pushing the lever.
    I killed Patches and started shooting him with my Greatbow...
    He left...
    My victory... I was so happy i can now do things, i never imagined before!

Hurrah
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Can't remember if I posted this one or not. But, if I did, too bad. silly

I was invading with my SL 6 in Dukes. Someone whipped out a GC, which usually spells instant death should but even graze me. He puts it into 2H, and proceeds to roll R1 over and over. Well, what could I do? Roll BS him.

So, I get a PM accusing my of roll BS spamming. I told him "next time, unlock and aim behind you. I'm a SL 6 and that will one shot me." I didn't hear back, LOL.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:13 am

I was in the forest, heavy-rolling like a boss using my Chaos Legion toon. I only have +10 equipment, and I was using my DGA and DGM, using Full Havel's and Havel Shield. Like this: http://mmdks.com/182v

So I get invaded as I'm running to collect my stain, and it's this ninja dude in havel's legs, child mask and maybe havel's gauntlets. Had a zapping pole. I had summoned a phantom to protect me while a grabbed my stain, and I did, and he started fighting the invader. I WATCHED. My phantom lost.

It's my turn, I bow, he heals and bows. Anyway, this little b1tch was roll-stabbing me when I was using the DGA, and I landed the 1h-r2 combo on him and he rolls off to use a humaity. I'm like, ok. I can deal. Roll-stabs continue. He eventually just starts to straight out fish. (I've been using estus.) So I switch to my DGM to cancel his BS fish attempts, and it works, but he keeps flipping off to humanity. I can't pelt him with a crossbow cuz I ran out of ammo, and I'm VERY clumsy when it comes to menu-swapping. So I get frustrated. The match isn't coming to a clear end, and it's not fun anymore, then I get invaded again.

I was certain this pretentious prick had seen that I had WATCHED him fight my phantom, so I became really irritated that he decided to gank with this new invader. It was SUPER irritating that I saw the gank coming. The new invader was using pursuers, queallag's dildo, and full giants. Fast roll. I eventually die.

I had stunlocked the zap-pole prick with my DGM at least 5 times, and he toggled out of all of them. took him a couple tries. I hit the new guy and he immediately toggled out. Not even a stagger or anything. This further boosts my point that STR weapons are underpowered due to the fact that their key component, stunlock, is being rendered futile in the pvp meta by the prevalence of toggle-escaping. Also, the forest sucks for duels. Won't stop me from trying, though.

EDIT: The pursuers hit me through my shield, when they were 15 feet infront of me. F♫CKING COMCASTIC INTERNET. I seriously have only been seeing this ever since my family switched to x-finity. Witch was last week. Also, people have been throwing swings that have missed, and a second later I lower my shield and get a phantom ghost hit. I almost did this:
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 am

So I got really bored and decided to see how wearing artorias set and dual wielding the Arty GS and the abyss GS would work. I stepped out into township got invaded, we got a double KO. The majority of damage given was mostly from roll attacks but it was still pretty funny I thought.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 pm

So I got a couple of wins on the best PvPer I've ever met. He is still 4-2 against me, though.

Anyway, I had respect for this guy because he is one of the few people that beat me more often than not. Everyone I've faced so far save for around 5 people have a losing record on me, and those 5 people do not just blow me away every time we fight. Our fights are always close. This one guy on the other hand just blew me away for our first 3 fights and had minimal HP left in our 4th fight. I beat him in the next two fights, be it because I started using my favorite weapons or not, but the guy had some nasty things to say to me. His messages were filled with foul language and insults, only because I use DEX weapons. I used DEX weapons in our other fights, but I guess whipping out a Great Scythe makes me a "DEX scrub."

This post was not meant to boast or flaunt anything in any way. It's only point was for me to say that I lost my respect for the greatest PvPer I ever came across.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:00 pm

This happened a while ago but I'll go ahead and post it is honor of the whole FH vs ganker debate.

I was in the Forest and kind holding my own when I run afoul of two gankers who managed to TWoP me and BS me to death. They then carried on like a couple of clowns....so nothing new. 4 or 5 invasions down the road guess who I run into but my old friends. They are way to strong for me at the moment so I run across the bridge and find out they haven't killed the big cats. So I go play with the kitties and they try to snipe me with a DGB and I piss them of by soaking up a few hits. The summon goes into the cats to get me but I'm already on the ledge over looking the little area by the lower bridge. While he's busy trying to kill the cats I hit PW and drop down to deal with the host. The summon comes back to save his host and they even try TWoP again but it was to late I was already where I needed to be and the RTSR kicked on and they died.
    I also managed to save two of the big cats.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:42 pm

I was in the Royal Forest exploring, and then I got Gravelorded. I got in a fight with a BP Stone Guardian, and it wasn't going well. Then I got invaded. PvP tales! - Page 20 1330857165

While I was fighting the BP Stone Guardian, the invader ran up to me and imediately started BS fishing. He BSed me, and then I ran away as fast as I could. Then I got BSed again. "You Died"

I messaged the invader, "Obviously you're not good enough to win on your own. If you were then you wouldn't need a BP Stone Guardian to help you." He replied, "You got infected by a gravelord hahaha." I replied, "Really? How did you know that Sherlock?" He replied, "Need help with Artorias? You can summon me if you want." I replied, "Why would I summon you? You need a bp Stone Guardian just to defeat me."
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:14 pm

How unforgiving, Reece. Though I can understand it, I don't if I would want to summon someone who did me in that way.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Honestly I'd be offended if that happened to me, they think I'm not good enough to take on artorias by myself?

Anywho, I was just running through Anor Londo when I get invaded and I couldn't find them. So I eventually notice that the room with the bonfire is closed and right when I open the door the invader starts a fire tempest so I back up and they close the door after, they repeat this a few times before I poke them through the door with a washing pole thrust. Eventually I squeezed my way in and finished him off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:54 am