Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Looking for critique on new build.

R4v3n

Looking for critique on new build. Empty Looking for critique on new build.

Post by R4v3n Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi all. This is a build I've been fiddling with - Pre PS3 DLC, SL100 Faith Archer.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2754749006407763

Looking for critique mainly.

Bye all.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Looking for critique on new build. Empty Re: Looking for critique on new build.

Post by goober0331 Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Your build isnt as much Faith/Archer as it is Faith/Dex

This is what I came up with

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1320635161146781

Having a Bow as a backup weapon is very common. You can either equip Poison Arrows and switch to Moonlight upon successful poisoning, or just stick with ML for damage output.

You can switch out the Iaito for another Dex weapon and adjust the stats accordingly for max damage output. However stick to +15 as you have buffs.

53 poise is a nice number because it allows you to resist any 2h R1 attack once from anything besides the Great Axes and UGS.

Poison resistance is somewhat low, but just avoid poison arrows and/or Toxin Resin buffs, or use Purple Moss whenever appropriate.

As far as spells, if you plan on PvPing then you can stick with what I have, allowing for two buffs, GMB nullifies Sorceries and/or Moonlight Greatsword, and Wrath of Gods just cause its too good to pass up.

For Co-Op you can switch out a buff for Great Heal/Great Lightning Spear or any other assortments of spells. Just be mindful that usual Co-Op is level clearing/boss killing, so make sure you can survive without the direct assistance of a host healing.

SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:49 pm

@goober; Why 18 Att? 10/12/14/16/19/23/28/34/41/50 are when you get attunement slots.

I messed with it a bit, http://tinyurl.com/9uwc3kb
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:52 pm

SublimeSinner wrote:@goober; Why 18 Att? 10/12/14/16/19/23/28/34/41/50 are when you get attunement slots.

Lol damnit I knew I missed something

So then just take out 2 ATT points and invest in more health to reach 1700 or put onto Dex/Faith for more base AR damage or better Maj Adjust
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:13 pm

http://tinyurl.com/8dfgslg this is what i would suggest. If you use that talisman you don't get much less damage with SLB. You really needed more HP, and the 5 stats into END is so you could have 53poise(and still have a similar look to your armor and keep the same weapons). Hopefully you have not completed the build yet, cause i would say the main issue is how you distributed your stats. I really like that you are using a weapon and spells that almost no one uses, they aren't horrible but there are better choices. Still being original, and making builds you like is what matters. Could also do this http://tinyurl.com/8vrph63
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:30 pm

You actually made me like the Silver Knight Sword a lot more. I always loved the way it looked, and thought it had a decent moveset(slow for its weapon class). The weight being twice as much as the second heaviest straight sword, and its mediocre scaling just made it seem bad. I never noticed its main appeal though, with only minimum stat requirements it has way more AR then any of the other straight swords while having similar stat investment. That actually makes it perfect for a SLB/DMB build. The second best option would be the Balder SS(surprise), starting as a Knight and bringing dex to 27 like this http://tinyurl.com/8jjw7yv. Honestly the Balder SS's moveset makes up for having less AR in that situation, but having 16str/22dex gives you much more variety then 11str/27dex.plus an extra 12 AR happy

Bastard.....now you have me thinking of a build i could make using it. Thankfully i'm not huge into buff builds. It's making me rethink if i could make a better faith build then the one i have ATM though, might end up replacing mine.
    R4v3n

Post by R4v3n Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:40 pm

@FruitPunchNinja - thanks for the input dude. The build is just setup on the planner atm (I spend way too much time just starring at that planner lol.) Think I'll go with the first build you suggested as I do want to focus on the Silver Knight Straight Sword (Personally think it's the best looking straight sword in game) My main concern was really pumping enough stats to make the occult compo bow viable in pvp. Though I guess the added dmg from my build is outweighed by the extra survivability of the build you suggested. Anywho, thanks for the input!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:46 am