Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

critique a build i've been using please.

Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

critique a build i've been using please. Empty critique a build i've been using please.

Post by Rifter7 Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:53 am

http://tinyurl.com/d7lucux

hey, i've gone 4-1 in the burg as of just finishing the build. the guy who won probably had 50 hp left lol and an arrow sticking out of his arm. he killed me with the bow in my hands.

what would you guys do differently with it? it seems to work well, but i'm not going to turn down any input. would my tactics help decide?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

critique a build i've been using please. Empty Re: critique a build i've been using please.

Post by Carphil Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:21 am

Looks very well balanced to me. I'm impressed by how many stuf you can carry with only 22 endurance.

this is the only thing I would change: http://tinyurl.com/bvxjwum

But this is my style, may not be the best for you happy

Edit: just realised its impossible to change a build once its finished Look Skyward

http://tinyurl.com/bmt7gsx - parrying with bare fists its not that bad when you learn it haha
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

critique a build i've been using please. Empty Re: critique a build i've been using please.

Post by Rifter7 Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:46 am

hmmm. i considered rocking a heater shield believe it or not. i ditched the bow on that build for pyro flame mind you..

but.. i don't really use my sword as much as you'd think. it's more for punishing slow attacks, slow spells, counter backstabs and whiffs with backstabs. i'll also roll r1 with the soulmass and throw some r1's at players if i can land a kick... not to mention people are afraid of my weapon buff. it's like a torch to a wild animal.

but due to the low stam bar i'll only roll once or twice, stab once or twice depending on how much i rolled and then roll once or twice out. having any kind of longer melee battle with this character is in their favor as i lose my out. i can still throw pokes at them or punish a whiff with r1's tho, but i'd rather try to setup a crystal soulmass to soulspear at the end of their roll.

the actual build is very range focused and caster oriented, and it wasn't uncommon for me to pull my bow out over the sword with any fight i had tonight.

that change anything after reading this carphil?
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:44 pm

I changed your armour to give you more poise for less weight, so that you can use the TCC instead of Logans happy

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2394487728834632

Edit: But personally, I would switch to the BSS. I have a build like this, but using the BSS. I use the spells as a distraction and catch the opponent mid roll with an R2 thrust attack from my buffed BSS. Does more damage than the Uchi this way, and has a longer range due to it being thrusted.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:03 pm

hmmm... point taken.

it'd look pretty cool if i was wearing all balder armor and had the balder swag sword too happy.

idk if i'd want to half all my sorcery casts tho.. will probably stick with the current cat.

the uchi looks like it would do a bigger backstab or r1 than the bss tho. i guess i should just swap depending on what weapon i feel i need for the fight at hand since my stats allow me to use either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:02 am