Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
SlakeMoth
Juutas
Forum Pirate
BeeSeaEss
Elite Knight
NinesVoerman
Djem
Mr. Tart
Emergence
dancash1808
Spurgun
deadagain
BIG TIME MASTER
Tolvo
reim0027
bunnywink
DoughGuy
User
PlasticandRage
BrotherBob
24 posters

Your opinion on Vegans and Veganism

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Your opinion on Vegans and Veganism - Page 2 Empty Re: Your opinion on Vegans and Veganism

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:06 pm

bunnywink wrote:I go vegan for a month or so every year. It's a personal choice and I actually do like the food. It's just really... time consuming. I guess it's because it's not a lifestyle I'm used to, so it takes a lot of effort on my part to make sure I eat correctly.

Something a bit easier, or at least more simple, that you might be interested in doing is water fasting for a full day, one day a week. Like every Sunday you just only drink water that day. It's a good practice to let your body clean itself out and build a little built of discipline, too. I've been doing it for several months now and will keep doing it for the rest of my life.

Cuts down the food bill a little bit too.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Your opinion on Vegans and Veganism - Page 2 Empty Re: Your opinion on Vegans and Veganism

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:18 pm

bunnywink wrote:I go vegan for a month or so every year. It's a personal choice and I actually do like the food.

It can be really really good if done properly. There's a vegan restaurant in the city where I live, and I go there to eat sometimes. It's actually pretty great. I wouldn't choose it as a lifestyle, but I like to eat it sometimes. They do a bunch of tempeh and tofu stuff that's really great, and, if prepared properly tastes a lot like meat. They do a great moussaka too. It's good stuff.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Alright, I'm not really one to offer up much in the way of personal details, but I lived a vegetarian and essentially a vegan lifestyle for quite some time. I just never applied a label to what I was doing. It is something I just did, and did so inconspicuously. Some do it for health, some for faith/spirituality, and some for ethics.

There are a multitude of reasons why people choose to lead the lives they do. Any conspicuous participation is a personality trait, and not something a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle demands. People aren't asked to proselytize, etc. Vegans/vegetarians are as diverse as the globe. I eat some meat and derivative products now, and am the same person I was when I did not.

As far as nutritional needs go, I had no issues maintaining a meat/dairy free lifestyle while preserving my health. In fact I did so while being highly physically active. Any individual interested should really take the time to understand nutrition and the body's needs especially as it relates to protein and more specifically amino acids. Proper vitamin intake is crucial as is a proper variety in your diet. You can't just eat soy and salad. silly
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:59 am

I tried to become a vegetarian once, but the vegetarian food at school was ****, or burnt carrots to be exact. I don't like eating animals or any of the like because i was raised around far too many animals, and i honestly prefer them over humans in general i would however eat eggs etc. even if i was a vegetarian, so i think that's taking it a little bit too far, but that's just my opinion. I do wish to become a vegetarian one day though. tongue
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:19 pm

Even though I disagree with their ideals, I don't mind them as long as they don't throw red paint on my face and call me a murderer.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:07 pm

@Acidic_Cook: That is indeed great variety and diversity. What do you think of insects? I've never tried them.
    @Djem: Are you talking about PETA? Of course, I'm not associating all vegans with PETA, but the vegans that don't eat meat or derivatives because they don't want to hurt animals usually are people that support PETA.
    NinesVoerman

Post by NinesVoerman Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:09 am

I think veganism is okay, but I couldn't survive as a vegan, but if people can and want to, then that's cool.

However, if someone tries to shove their vegan beliefs down your throat, I see no problem with shoving a burger down theirs.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:32 am

I tried vegetarianism. It was pretty challenging at times, but the food I got was pretty good (Morning Star Farms "Chicken" Sandwiches.) I had to take vitamins to get my fill of stuff I wasn't getting, and ate a lot of peanut butter too (how great is that stuff?) Eventually, however, I lost out to grilled chicken, bacon, and steakburgers. :/

It's a tough lifestyle choice, and I can't imagine how strict and demanding veganism is. I think the real issue with it is people who take part in it without fully understanding what they're getting themselves into, or without knowing how to do it without running the risk of becoming malnourished. But I'm with PlasticandRage on this: live and let live. People make their own choices, and as long as they make it theirs and no one else's, I say let 'em.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:33 pm

Vegans, I like my meat and you like your vegetables, no need to argue over it, you live the way you do and I live the way I do so we both have to just suck it up. Vegans, don't try to cram your beliefs into my brain and I won't try to force a slice of bacon down your throat.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:39 pm

P.E.T.A

People for the Eating of Tastey Animals.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:P.E.T.A

People for the Eating of Tastey Animals.

Tasty* (Yeah, had to be that guy.)

Also, I second this motion. Haha.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:26 am

@Forum Pirate: That is awesome! If only it were true... winking
    @NinesVoerman, Elite Knight, and BeeSeaEss: The only vegan I know shoves vegan propaganda down everyone's throats. I had to sit through a 1-hour presentation of it as she did a class presentation. One of my friends was really fed up and joked that we should have put a piece of bacon into her CD drive prior to the presentation, but, to be honest, that might be just a little too far. :affraid:
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:57 am

My wifey is a vegetarian and I'm a meat lover to the core...you can imagine the harmony and peace when I try to prepare the christmas ham in the house.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:03 am

@Juutas: Bravo on keeping it together! Sun
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 pm

I think there is some confusion here between vegans and vegetarians. My sister, brother, sister-in-law and youngest daughter are vegetarians and basically they all eat vegetables and dairy but nothing that is derived from a dead animal.

On the other hand, as I understand it, vegans will eat nothing living or that has the potential of life, so what the hell they live on is a mystery to me. I used to think they lived on 'Trill' or other seeds but these can give rise to new life of course, so that's out. Go figure.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:I think there is some confusion here between vegans and vegetarians. My sister, brother, sister-in-law and youngest daughter are vegetarians and basically they all eat vegetables and dairy but nothing that is derived from a dead animal.

On the other hand, as I understand it, vegans will eat nothing living or that has the potential of life, so what the hell they live on is a mystery to me. I used to think they lived on 'Trill' or other seeds but these can give rise to new life of course, so that's out. Go figure.

If you think about it that way, being a vegan means you have to eat... you have to eat synthetically produced but... Ah ha, you have to eat pure calories, grown in a lab with no life at all. And I think if we could do that, there would be no world hunger.

But if you think of it that way veganism is a flawed concept, if you're not going to eat anything that comes from a living thing or lives, what are you going to eat. Plants are alive as are micro organisms. Until humans can photosynthesise, we have to eat other living things.

Also I hate it when some says to me I am 'barbaric' or 'primeval' for eating a lamb chop. Damn man, it's my lamb chop, until I put it down your throat shut up. Seriously, I was sitting at the school dinner hall, enjoying a chicken wing from home (cold chicken wings are meh, but school dinners are worse) when a girl walked up to me and said, "you're a ruthless caveman and deserve to die for eating meat" I though to myself, little harsh no? Anyway I told her, "this is how we're meant to live, you see this (I opened my mouth and tapped my canines) they're for meat" I continued in a scientific ramble about how humans were made to eat meat, but if she had not told me anything, just looked at me like 'ugh a meat eater' I wouldn't have said anything. Let me eat what I want to eat and I'll let you eat what you want to eat.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Your opinion on Vegans and Veganism - Page 2 Vegans-demotivational-poster-1231849080
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:03 pm

well since mankind has corner teeth and cutting teeth we are meant to eat meat and we also have molders so also meant to eat vegetables
    So we are meant to eat both !!!
    Ever wonderd why vegans look so pale they are missing out on some very important nutricians

They only thing I dont get why do they replace meat with soya sh!t......i dont want to eat meat but i mis something
    that's MEAT
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 pm

The next time a vegan or vegitarian bawls you out for eating meat, just let them chew on this. If our ancestors had not eaten the odd slice of woolly mammoth they would have died out so it's thanks to their omniverous diet that vegetarians and vegans exist and have the luxury of indulging their particular dietary fancies.

Our earliest ancestors were hunter/gatherers. They lived off what they could find, berries, roots, grains, anything to keep them alive AND they hunted animals for food.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Another scientific fact (well, theory) is that if our ancestors had not eaten meat, we would have evolved dfferently and stayed more in the grain of the primates we are so closely related to.

Without us eating meat over the years we wouldn't have become what we are today, an over populous species pillaging and **** the planet of all it's resources. We should be so proud silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:22 pm

It is obvious that we are omnivores. We are designed to eat both meat and vegetables. Vegetarians and Vegans are not doing what is "natural". They are doing what is "moral", in their eyes. At least, that is how I understand it.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:31 am

Serious_Much wrote:Another scientific fact (well, theory) is that if our ancestors had not eaten meat, we would have evolved dfferently and stayed more in the grain of the primates we are so closely related to.

Without us eating meat over the years we wouldn't have become what we are today, an over populous species pillaging and **** the planet of all it's resources. We should be so proud silly

So basically what you are saying Serious is that you'd rather be living in a tree. Fine, go for it, help save the planet but don't come crying to me when you can't find anywhere to plug in your TV.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Another scientific fact (well, theory) is that if our ancestors had not eaten meat, we would have evolved dfferently and stayed more in the grain of the primates we are so closely related to.

So basically what you are saying Serious is that you'd rather be living in a tree. Fine, go for it, help save the planet but don't come crying to me when you can't find anywhere to plug in your TV.

No, no. I'd much rather have my technology silly Though I just think right now, tech we have is good. I'd rather now than trying to make the next advancement in terms of what can be done, we should focus on making something that can do what we can now, except more economically.

Oh, and we should stop wasting gas and oil etc on power stations an just go nuclear, it's a waste to have all the old fashioned power stations wasting resources we need for other things when there is a superior alternative available.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 pm

You totally missed my point Serious. If our earliest ancestors had not eaten meat they would have become extinct and that would have been the end of the human race, full stop. They would not have been around to evolve into anything.

Also, I'm getting a little tired of people pontificating and ringing their hands over what human beings have done to this planet, whilst, at the same time taking full advantage of the inventiveness of human beings, even , like yourself, using the products of that inventiveness as a conduit to transmit your message. I am referring of course to your computer.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 pm

...I never said it was a good thing to not eat meat. I love meat, and i actually think the concept of being vegetarian is a bit silly but oh well silly

I'm not really ringing my hands to be honest, I just find it strange that noone seems bothered to do something to try and stretch out the resources that we got left, and postpone the time when we run out of these things. I hate the whole 'go green' thing since that kinda stuff makes very little difference, it's the guys who actually make the stuff that eats through fossil fuels that have to implement change..

Anyway, not a discussion for this thread really. Summary; Don't be a veggie, we'd still be monkeys lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:02 am