Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Carpercen
callipygias
Jester's Tears
Vorcan
8 posters

Question about DLC

Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Question about DLC Empty Question about DLC

Post by Vorcan Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:56 pm

So I just bought Artorias of the abyss DLC.
    I had already seen some videos of people who also had it installed.
    They had a different title screen than the vanilla game, also seemed to have more main menu options besides just new game and load game.

All of this, did not change for me however. Still the same main menu, still everything the same (As far as I can tell)

Can someone verify that this is normal? >.>

EDIT:

I just read something that's kinda shocking...
    Says here artorias is also in the PtDe? If that is so, why the *** would playstation even allow me to buy and download the dlc? Wtf!...
    I feel seriously screwed in the ******* here if this is true.
    Are we not advanced enough to be able to "detect" things like this?! >.<
    (also, yes when I bought dark souls it was the PtDe)

~Vorcan~

Last edited by Vorcan on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Question about DLC Empty Re: Question about DLC

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:03 pm

More menu options? PC Version.
    Also, some people have the Prepare To Die edition, which has a diffrent Menu title

Last edited by Jester's Tears on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add PtD.)
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:04 pm

Vorcan wrote:So I just bought Artorias of the abyss DLC.
    I had already seen some videos of people who also had it installed.
    They had a different title screen than the vanilla game, also seemed to have more main menu options besides just new game and load game.

All of this, did not change for me however. Still the same main menu, still everything the same (As far as I can tell)

Can someone verify that this is normal? >.>

~Vorcan~
    The pc version has different options, but the consoles didn't change. The extra pc options aren't important to the game itself, they're just about your key commands or whatever.
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:06 pm

check my edited first post, if you guys can explain to me why my game is starting to look like the regular dark souls even though I most definitely bought the PtDe...
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Yeah, if you bought the Prepare to Die Edition and purchased the DLC on top of that I guess you wasted a few bucks. Maybe it'll be worth it and Fromsoft will throw in an extra enemy or something. After defeating the first DLC boss go back to the same spot a little later, maybe it'll be back and bring a friend.

Don't feel too bad, all sales support Dark Souls II!

Vorcan wrote:explain to me why my game is starting to look like the regular dark souls even though I most definitely bought the PtDe...
    Not sure if I understand you, but the game will play exactly the same for a while. Once you get the Lordvessel things will start to happen. Assuming you've done all you should, I mean.
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Really?...You want me to think like that in this *** up hypocritical world?
    No thanks, we're smart enough to be able to design something to detect this, this is absolute ********...

If this content is already in my *** game, then I shouldn't be able to even attempt to buy and install the dlc, this is just plain stealing.
    Especially if it turns out to be a problem getting the money back.
    But that still leaves the part of why isn't my title screen like in those videos? It just says "Dark Souls" and nothing about the artorias or anything...

~Vorcan~
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:23 pm

So in no version of the ps3 is there anything other than the words "dark" and "souls" on the title screen? Nothing about artorias? Just, plain Dark souls?
    Cause I think one of the videos I saw had a clear "Press X" thingy pop up, and that would mean it was ps3.

~Vorcan~
    Carpercen
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Carpercen Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:57 pm

so mmm... you never suspect that your prepare to die edition included the dlc :bas: ?

you never read the description :bas: ?

Im not making fun of you... it's just that well... this kind of things are very rare...

Guess From Software never expected something like this... and that's why never designed a detection system ._.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:00 pm

I'm not entirely certain what you're yelling about. The DLC does not change your start menu. When you get to the Dukes Archives you'll find new enemies that begin the DLC storyline.
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Carpercen wrote:so mmm... you never suspect that your prepare to die edition included the dlc :bas: ?

you never read the description :bas: ?

Im not making fun of you... it's just that well... this kind of things are very rare...

Guess From Software never expected something like this... and that's why never designed a detection system ._.

Actually, no.
    When I bought Dark souls, I had never heard of the game before.
    I had never heard of Demon souls either. I just saw it in the store and thought it looked cool. I just thought it was a "special" edition with some extras. Like that booklet with the pictures that came with it. Plus, months later was the first time I noticed there was DLC (Did have a bit of a break of dark souls in between)

Point being, I should not be held responsible in such a backassed way.
    If the PtDe has the content of Artorias of the Abyss DLC, then you shouldn't be able to download it. You can't expect every single individual to be completely engaged in the game. I used to be like that, spending most of my hours playing video games, actually thinking about when I'd return home from school so I could play my video game again.

It's amazing isn't it. We can create so much and still something as stupidly simple as this cannot be prevented? Most likely because it only costs them more money, aka: They're not gonna bother. Also, those that wish to point at me and say I was responsible for knowing. Please open your eyes and see that EVERY rule, every concept and idea is "created" by us. Thus it is not a universal rule. If we were to choose to suddenly live differently, together. We could literally create ANYTHING albeit we would need the materials for it. But money is worthless, it's an idea created by us. Given power, by us.

~Vorcan~
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Rynn wrote:I'm not entirely certain what you're yelling about. The DLC does not change your start menu. When you get to the Dukes Archives you'll find new enemies that begin the DLC storyline.

Then what was that title screen that I saw?
    Saying Dark souls with artorias of the abyss or something similar.
    Or did they not change the pc version to reflect the system? (Aka: changing the button prompts and stuff)
    Because the person playing had the "Press X" prompt in the game, which would imply it's the Ps3 version. (unless they just didn't bother changing it like in most games.)

~Vorcan~
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Vorcan wrote:
    Rynn wrote:I'm not entirely certain what you're yelling about. The DLC does not change your start menu. When you get to the Dukes Archives you'll find new enemies that begin the DLC storyline.

Or did they not change the pc version to reflect the system? (Aka: changing the button prompts and stuff)
    Because the person playing had the "Press X" prompt in the game, which would imply it's the Ps3 version. (unless they just didn't bother changing it like in most games.)

~Vorcan~
    On the computer version, you can plug in a controller and use it's button mapout to play. A lot of people play the PC version with an X-box or PS3 controller.

I'm on X-box with the simple "Dark Souls" screen. As far as I can tell, you're really -not- missing anything.
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Vorcan wrote:

~Vorcan~
    On the computer version, you can plug in a controller and use it's button mapout to play. A lot of people play the PC version with an X-box or PS3 controller.

I'm on X-box with the simple "Dark Souls" screen. As far as I can tell, you're really -not- missing anything.

Hmm, well I still don't know why I have the PtDe, and was able to buy the DLC (not in the store, but through psn.)
    If PtDe has artorias of the abyss dlc included...

Also, how possible is it to miss ALL dlc content the whole first playthrough? Because I'm in NG+ atm and I have yet to find artorias or see any of these dark spells. I also do not have that voice item thingy everyone uses. I imagine it's from the dlc since there is only one dlc avalible on the psn store.

So if I have none of these things in NG+...do I really have the PtDE? Because if not, then wtf...that would mean I'm gonna have to figure out how to get back at the store that sold me a false game. It feels like I have a vanilla version of the game. Also, I don't think my psn thing says that I'm playing dark souls plus the dlc, which I did see on a new friend of mine.

~Vorcan~
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:44 pm

On your first playthrough, did you kill the hydra and free Dusk of Oolacile?

This is in darkroot basin, and it's the first step to unlocking the DLC. If you didn't do that, you wouldn't have found Artorias or any of the DLC content.
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:22 am

Rynn wrote:On your first playthrough, did you kill the hydra and free Dusk of Oolacile?

This is in darkroot basin, and it's the first step to unlocking the DLC. If you didn't do that, you wouldn't have found Artorias or any of the DLC content.

I did those things, that also reminds me, there was an error on the wiki abou Oolacile. Something about not being able to summon her anymore after placing the lord vessel or something similar. Said I had to get a pendant, but I couldn't find it so I thought I'd double check if I had freed her, and then I saw her sign near where the hydra was.

So yeah, I did those things but I did not run into anything dlc like. Also, is that voice item thingy part of the Artorias dlc? If so, how would I have gotten it? Because I'd have thought that would have been something account based, always in the inventory. Not something you need to "find"

~Vorcan~
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:29 am

You could buy the dlc because the PSN store has no idea of which version of the game you have, honestly... it's you're fault.

Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:39 am

Sloth9230 wrote:You could buy the dlc because the PSN store has no idea of which version of the game you have, honestly... it's you're fault.

Yeah, according to our retarded world it is.
    But you see, our world is created by us, our rules, our interpretations.

And I say we can do a lot better, there is absolutely no reason for this. But yeah, most likely I'll be pushed aside with the excuse that it was my own responsibility. Even though they would only say that for selfish purposes. And don't truly believe in that. Because our world does not work responsibly.

I have the game installed on the ps3, there is absolutely no *** reason there can't be any version information on the ps3. There is also no reason why there can't be something that detects the version, since it seems to be able to detect whether or not you have something installed, downloaded, bought.
    It's just a stupid selfish excuse, wake up and see that we're the only ones making our world as good or bad as it is. =.=

~Vorcan~
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:40 am

The stones appear when you kill certain enemies in the DLC.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:57 am

Did.you by any chance... even bother to read the box? Cause I'm pretty sure most boxes tell you what comes included in the package.

Also, I recomend you never buy a game from capcom
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:29 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Did.you by any chance... even bother to read the box? Cause I'm pretty sure most boxes tell you what comes included in the package.

It only says;

"Limited edition exclusive content:

#Original game: Dark souls
    #Behind the scenes dvd
    #Original sountrack CD
    #Artbook of artworks and preliminary designs
    #Digital game guide"

There is nothing about Artorias on the box.

~Vorcan~
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:35 am

Vorcan wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:Did.you by any chance... even bother to read the box? Cause I'm pretty sure most boxes tell you what comes included in the package.

It only says;

"Limited edition exclusive content:

#Original game: Dark souls
    #Behind the scenes dvd
    #Original sountrack CD
    #Artbook of artworks and preliminary designs
    #Digital game guide"

There is nothing about Artorias on the box.

~Vorcan~

Where does it say Prepare To Die Edition then? It's not the same thing. The Limited Edition it's a pre-order edition, that some people still have stock of it so they sell it as the regular game.

You have to kill the hydra, free dusk from the Golden Crystal Golem, go to Duke's Archives and kill the only Crystal Golem there, and it will drop the Broken Pendant, which is the key to access the new DLC. After acquiring it, you must return to where the Golden Crystal Golem was in Darkroot Basin, and you will find a Black Hole that takes you to the new content.

If you did that thing about going to back to check Dusk's sign before acquiring the Broken Pendant, but AFTER you placed the Lordvessel, then I will correct the wiki, but you have to be sure you did that AFTER buying the DLC.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:40 am; edited 2 times in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:37 am

Then that wasn't it, the PTD edition was barely released this October.

Question about DLC Tumblr_mcgecjMGEN1qbn3hqo1_500

This should be what it looks like.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:44 am

Even then, you have the responsibility to check the things you have, so you don't buy things you already have. This is applicable to all areas. And you should read the content of your copy of the game, if you know you have a limited edition, you should know what comes with it.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:45 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Then that wasn't it, the PTD edition was barely released this October.

Question about DLC Tumblr_mcgecjMGEN1qbn3hqo1_500

This should be what it looks like.

It looks beatiful, I'm tempted to buy it... but it would be waste. I'm saving my money for the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls II.
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:54 am

Either they didn't think this one through, or the backside of game boxes are now also being used to advertise then because it says "prepare to die" on the back in large letters.

I guess I probably have the regular version of the game then. Which would make this a misunderstanding, sorry for the rage, got a lot on my mind. What's the easiest and fastest way to confirm the dlc is in effect?

~Vorcan~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:03 am