Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Carpercen
callipygias
Jester's Tears
Vorcan
8 posters

Question about DLC

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Question about DLC - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about DLC

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:06 am

Vorcan wrote:Either they didn't think this one through, or the backside of game boxes are now also being used to advertise then because it says "prepare to die" on the back in large letters.

I guess I probably have the regular version of the game then. Which would make this a misunderstanding, sorry for the rage, got a lot on my mind. What's the easiest and fastest way to confirm the dlc is in effect?

~Vorcan~

Prepare to die, was the tagline for the entire game. You must not watch a lot of tv because all of the trailers used it. Technically the PTD edition was only for the PC, the PS3 version just says "with artorias of the abyss edition" but since they're the same thing everyone just calls it the PTD edition.

Like Chiz said, Kill the hydra in the basin, quit and reload, go towards the back of the area where you fought the hydra and rescue dusk by killing the gold crystal golem(if you did this before the dlc was installed then I believe you have to summon her) after that place the lord vesel at firelink shrine so you can visit the Dukes Archives and kill the first golem as soon as you go up the elevator to get the broken pendant. After that return to where you fought the golem and you should see a blackhole.

The actual DlC content was released as a patch, what you paid for was just an unlock key so there is no way to tell if it's working properly until you kill the golem.

I hope you enjoy the game.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:36 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Vorcan wrote:Either they didn't think this one through, or the backside of game boxes are now also being used to advertise then because it says "prepare to die" on the back in large letters.

I guess I probably have the regular version of the game then. Which would make this a misunderstanding, sorry for the rage, got a lot on my mind. What's the easiest and fastest way to confirm the dlc is in effect?

~Vorcan~

Prepare to die, was the tagline for the entire game. You must not watch a lot of tv because all of the trailers used it. Technically the PTD edition was only for the PC, the PS3 version just says "with artorias of the abyss edition" but since they're the same thing everyone just calls it the PTD edition.

Like Chiz said, Kill the hydra in the basin, quit and reload, go towards the back of the area where you fought the hydra and rescue dusk by killing the gold crystal golem(if you did this before the dlc was installed then I believe you have to summon her) after that place the lord vesel at firelink shrine so you can visit the Dukes Archives and kill the first golem as soon as you go up the elevator to get the broken pendant. After that return to where you fought the golem and you should see a blackhole.

The actual DlC content was released as a patch, what you paid for was just an unlock key so there is no way to tell if it's working properly until you kill the golem.

I hope you enjoy the gae.

Actually, I don't know if there even was a commercial about it here.
    When I bought the game it looked like some random title not many would know of.
    I mean I've bought a few really good games in the past that looked pretty cool, were awesome. But for some reason weren't that well known.

I didn't know anything about dark souls so I took a gamble and picked it up.
    And don't worry about that, I've been having fun for a while now ^^
    I need to do more pvp though...need more practice so I can avoid backstab fishing >.>;

~Vorcan~
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:47 am

Oh ok, well Prepare to Die is the tagline for Dark Souls since Demon's Souls was known for it's difficulty and this is a spiritual successor to that game.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:58 am

I thought these were the steps to unlock the extra content:

1: Kill the Hydra in the Darkroot Basin

2: Quit Game. Reload.

3: Fight Golden Golem in the cave (Darkroot Basin)

4: Talk to Dusk, once she is freed.

5: Summon Dusk where you fought the Hydra

6: Place the Lord Vessel in Firelink Altar

7: Go to Duke's Archive and fight blue Golem

8: Get Pendant, return to where you fought the Golden Golem (Darkroot Basin)

9: Get Dusks clothes (optional) / Examine Dark Mass

10: Welcome to the DLC.

After I bought the DLC, I had 12 characters that could go straight to Duke's Archive to fight the Blue Golem and get the Pendant and then go to Darkroot Basin to meet the Dark Mass.You don't have to do these things in exactly this order, but as I understand it, you must summon Dusk and talk to her before you can get the pendant from the Blue Golem.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:I thought these were the steps to unlock the extra content:

1: Kill the Hydra in the Darkroot Basin

2: Quit Game. Reload.

3: Fight Golden Golem in the cave (Darkroot Basin)

4: Talk to Dusk, once she is freed.

5: Summon Dusk where you fought the Hydra

6: Place the Lord Vessel in Firelink Altar

7: Go to Duke's Archive and fight blue Golem

8: Get Pendant, return to where you fought the Golden Golem (Darkroot Basin)

9: Get Dusks clothes (optional) / Examine Dark Mass

10: Welcome to the DLC.

After I bought the DLC, I had 12 characters that could go straight to Duke's Archive to fight the Blue Golem and get the Pendant and then go to Darkroot Basin to meet the Dark Mass.You don't have to do these things in exactly this order, but as I understand it, you must summon Dusk and talk to her before you can get the pendant from the Blue Golem.

Nope, I forgot to do it on my current playthrough and could still get the broken pendnt.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Vorcan wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:

~Vorcan~

I hope you enjoy the gae.

Actually, I don't know if there even was a commercial about it here.
    When I bought the game it looked like some random title not many would know of.
    I mean I've bought a few really good games in the past that looked pretty cool, were awesome. But for some reason weren't that well known.

I didn't know anything about dark souls so I took a gamble and picked it up.
    And don't worry about that, I've been having fun for a while now ^^
    I need to do more pvp though...need more practice so I can avoid backstab fishing >.>;

~Vorcan~

If you need ANY kind of help/tips for PvP, make a thread about what you need, in the PvP section, lots of people will help you gladly there.
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Here's a little something something for you guys.
    A friend of mine just got dark souls, and guess what he got...
    The "prepare to die" edition, on ps3 >.>
    And yes, it's called "prepare to die" it even shows up on the title screen.
    Was anyone aware of the existence of an ACTUAL prepare to die edition on console? In any case, I must say when he came to me with the box I was VERY confused haha. I thought he had *** himself over by buying the dlc unlock without the actual game haha.

~Vorcan~
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Question about DLC - Page 2 Ps390622

H'mm, maybe it was released under different names based on location? Where do you live anyway?
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:40 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Question about DLC - Page 2 Ps390622

H'mm, maybe it was released under different names based on location? Where do you live anyway?

Yep, that's the one haha.
    I live in europe (Holland)
    Is this only in certain parts of the world? Or is this simply a new release? It seemed as if the "with artorias of the abyss edition" had some extras included.
    I assume they made a new release that simply holds the game+unlock. Leaving out the extra's you would have had if you got the "with artorias" edition.

~Vorcan~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:04 am