Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Ashran
ublug
Johnthethird
Shkar
Mr. Tart
Seignar
defacto
raecor14
steveswede
Acarnatia
Serious_Much
Slarg232
Forum Pirate
Buggy Virus
Djem
Saturday-Saint
GrinTwist
messremb
RANT
tinypantha
Sloth9230
25 posters

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings...

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings... Empty It all began with the forging of the Great Rings...

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:23 am

It seems no one made a thread about it this yet(thanks to ublug for pointing it out), so I figured I would.

What rings would you like to see return(Demon's or Dark) for the sequel, and are there any new ones that you would like to see? Also, feel free to suggest any nerfs or buffs to pre-existing rings that would better help balance them in the future.

Havel's is bound to return so I'll start with that one. Instead of a percentage based increase to your equipment capacity, I think it would be more balanced if it had a static increase. For instance, most people run with 40 Endurance giving them a carrying capacity of 80 and 120 with the ring equipped. Instead of a 40 point increase to your carrying capacity I would suggest that it get brought down to 30, but have it so that it stays that way regardless of your endurance Stat.

I also think that the Defense Rings could use a buff. The single stat ones should get increased to 70 and the speckled one should go up to 35. I say this because Havels makes it so that you can simply wear better armor if you need to increase your defenses, making these rings either useless most of the time or extremely situational(the thunder one only comes in useful against O&S and the wyverns I guess). A boost would at least make them somewhat viable for PVP.

tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings... Empty Re: It all began with the forging of the Great Rings...

Post by tinypantha Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:26 am

DWGR return with roll at 30%

Hornet- Buffs only crits for pierce n daggers
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings... Empty Re: It all began with the forging of the Great Rings...

Post by RANT Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:36 am

i know the ones i DO NOT want to return, anything that increases your stamina and vit(including armor or any sort of item). havel's is not unbalanced in my opinion so i think that should stay. the rest are cool on my book.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:43 am

Some Rings I would like to see back from Demon's Souls(with some tweaks)

Ring of the Accursed - Wielder becomes enemies' top attack priority
    Friend's Ring - Increases all damage by 20% as Blue Phantom, but make it 10% instead
    Foe's Ring - Increases all damage by 20% as Black Phantom, make it only activate if host has summoned phantoms of any kind (that or force RSS to be 1v1 like the dragon eye)
    Regenerator's Ring - Recovers HP over time at 4hp/sec
    Ring Of Magical Sharpness - Magic Power +20% and Magic Defence -30%, replace Bellowing Dragon Crest Ring if dusk crown doesn't return and there should also be a miracle equivalent.
    Cat's Ring - Nullifies falling damage, call it soaring dragoncrest ring or something.[i]
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:47 am

those rings sound ok but id like Magic Speed up rings

EDIT- i meant projectile movement not player
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:51 am

There was one that had the opposite effect for miracles but made them stronger. So a magic speed up ring should make them a bit weaker too.
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:01 am

Havel's should stay. I think all defense rings should just be done away with, or tweaked at least. We have shields, armor, and plenty of other things to not waste the ring slot on. Do away with RoFaP, Clorathy, and DWGR. We already have plenty of stamina aiding gear as it is, and flipping should be limited to certain classes or even races/nationalities in my view, which would make it more unique IMO. Cat's Ring coming back would be pretty sweet. Have more rings that give you buffs, but also with penalties. Heck, almost every ring in the game should have a positive and a negative with it. I.E, you want to wear the RoFaP? Okay. You now get a 10% penalty to all elemental damage. Havel's ring? Ok. You now take more damage from every fall. IDK, just tossing them out there....
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:16 am

A ring that would be able to improve the stealth aspect in the game, if there is to actually be any stealth in the game.

I think that is the only thing that I would like to see, everything else I'm fine with.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:40 am

On the contrary, I think the Cloranthy Ring should stay(it's been around since Demon's as the Eternal Warrior's Ring) but ditch the grass and mask. As far as I know, not many people use the ring anyway. That and I hate waiting for people to pop grass, as soon as we bow it's ON! (I also tend to forget that I have grass lol)
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:48 am

Sloth9230 wrote:On the contrary, I think the Cloranthy Ring should stay(it's been around since Demon's as the Eternal Warrior's Ring) but ditch the grass and mask. As far as I know, not many people use the ring anyway. That and I hate waiting for people to pop grass, as soon as we bow it's ON! (that and I always forget I have grass lol)

That could work as well. Keep the ring, but ditch the other stamina gear? Do it!

What would a good penalty be to assign that one though? I imagine i am fairly alone with my thoughts here, but i still think every ring should have a positve as well as a negative to go with it. Would at the very least keep the playstyles vastly varied and unique across the player spectrum, IMO.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:55 am

Maybe have it drain health, but up the regen rate higher than power within? I'm not sure all rings would need a downside though, like what about East Wood Grain Or Rusted Iron? In some cases the ring slot itself is the sacrifice. It would be kind of lame if every rings downside was just more damage taken or less damage dealt.

I guess you could think of them as perks like in COD or something.

Can't believe I just made that comparison :|
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:03 am

Sloth9230 wrote:Maybe have it drain health, but up the regen rate higher than power within? I'm not sure all rings would need a downside though, like what about East Wood Grain Or Rusted Iron? In some cases the ring slot itself is the sacrifice.

I guess you could think of them as perks like in COD or something.

Can't believe I just made that comparison :|

Lol.

Yeah, i can buy that with the Rusted Iron and EWGR, in not all rings needing to have a downside, other than slot used to wear them. Still, most of the "buff" rings should have dual intent, like the RoFaP, Havel, DWGR, Bellowing, etc. They don't have to be severe, but still enough to counter the obvious benefit of their use. Like i said, RoFaP could have a penalty of you recieving 10-20% more damage from elemental attacks, Havels you recieve significant more damge from falls, DWGR could negate all Poise you may have (even if you are wearing the Wolf Ring!), Bellowing could act as the Dusk Crown does in taking away 30% of your Magic Defense, etc. Just random ideas.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:24 am

Sometimes I sacrifice a helmet so people can see the beautiful face that took me one hour to make lol!

I think the ring of fog should nullify any auras from other items, among some other adjustments :roll: (Thief Ring FTW!)
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:01 am

Any ring that gives a cool unique effect that affects how you play the game, like Ring of the Accursed, pre-nerf Fog Ring, Thief Ring, post-nerf DWGR, Master's/Leo Ring, Lingering DCR, etc.

Do not bring back any rings which give flat boosts, like Cling, Friend/Foe, RoFaP, Havel, pre-nerf DWGR, Cloranthy, TBR, Bellowing DCR, etc.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:15 am

I do not want to see something similar to the Cling Ring. I also do not want to see something similar to the Ring of Favor and Protection. You may continue.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:07 am

If the Calamity Ring(or something like it) returns, then I want it to be available as a starting gift and have a reward for using it through an entire playthrough.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:16 am

Wedding ring - gets you engaged

Friendship ring - prove you are bffs

Mood Ring - stylishly show you your mood at the time

Smuggling ring - IRS audit incoming
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:23 am

The clever cats ring and thiefs ring should come back. (reduced visibility and lock on range)
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 am

Viper Ring: Any Poisoning done by you deals 4x the damage (12 hp/s)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 am

Slarg232 wrote:Viper Ring: Any Poisoning done by you deals 4x the damage (12 hp/s)

That would be pretty cool, so long as the effect was only in effect while you wore the ring.

Buggy: The RING, A spirit of vengeance insta kills anyone who killed you after 7 days.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:59 am

Of course; take the ring off, and it automatically would go down to the 3 hp/s of the normal Poison.

If that is too difficult to code, go ahead and just remove the poison if you remove the ring.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:06 am

Ring of favour possibly.

Gavels, wolf, dragon crest rings, tearstones...

There could be some inventive ring choices, things that reduce stat requirements/increase stats, a static damage buff to weapons (like 50 damage in magic etc), increasing parry window, shield stability etc.

So much potential for useful little features in rings, especially since things can be changed by just tiny margins.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 am

rotten resine large club would be so broken (it auto poisions most everyone in 1 hit) 12 hp a second is a lot. thats 720 hp a minute. add the large club hit that poisioned them and you're at between 1100 and 1400 damage for 1 melee hit.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 am

Slarg232 wrote:Of course; take the ring off, and it automatically would go down to the 3 hp/s of the normal Poison.

If that is too difficult to code, go ahead and just remove the poison if you remove the ring.

I don't think it would be too hard to code, it would kind of be similar to the effect of the calamity ring or kalameets attack. If you poison them while wearing the ring then a little symbol appears over them, if you take the ring off then it disappears. Essentially, you would be equipping a sepperate status effect to them that only works while you wear the ring.

Then again... I know nothing of programming.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:24 am

What about the return of the masters ring?(I forget witch weapons it worked on) Such a thing would reward you for fighting more technically(I think that's the word I'm looking for) as opposed to R1 spamming.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:51 am