Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Ashran
ublug
Johnthethird
Shkar
Mr. Tart
Seignar
defacto
raecor14
steveswede
Acarnatia
Serious_Much
Slarg232
Forum Pirate
Buggy Virus
Djem
Saturday-Saint
GrinTwist
messremb
RANT
tinypantha
Sloth9230
25 posters

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings...

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings... - Page 11 Empty Re: It all began with the forging of the Great Rings...

Post by Slarg232 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 pm

So we can have rings specifically designed for casters (Bellowing/lingering, Seance Rings), and rings specifically designed around Lights (DWGR, Fog Ring), but we can't have ones built around Tanks?

Have you ever foughten a glass cannon caster with BDCR? You are forced to jump around like a maniac, so in order to counter it, I either need to A) Be able to jump around consistantly, B) equip a certain kind of sheild to counter that damage, or C) force myself into Faith for Great Magic Barrier.

Have you ever foughten a DWGR user (Silly question)? You have to time your strikes right with their ridiculous invincibility frames, or go into faith for TWoP, get some dung pies, or use other AoE spells.

Now, I'm not completely saying "Buff Tanks", because I'm also for adding Ethereal Weapons as an upgrade path that deal the same damage as a +15, receive no scaling, and act as the Ghosts do (Can't be blocked unless Cursed/Transient). But we Tanks NEED some major buffs with how the game works right now.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings... - Page 11 Empty Re: It all began with the forging of the Great Rings...

Post by ublug Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Ring of Faltering

It makes your character limp. Just something fun for roleplay.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm

A Ring based on Artorias's fighting style. Left hand is disabled, but you get a completely unique moveset for all weapons, along with a slight boost in power since you can't two-hand. Ring of the One-Armed Swordsman.

Depending on whether they ever allow you pick your main hand, it could change.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:A Ring based on Artorias's fighting style. Left hand is disabled, but you get a completely unique moveset for all weapons, along with a slight boost in power since you can't two-hand. Ring of the One-Armed Swordsman.

Depending on whether they ever allow you pick your main hand, it could change.

On a serious note, such a ring could cut STR requirements to one hand down to what it is for the two handing of such a weapon, but then denies the usage of the other hand; Zwei Handers could be one handed for 16 STR, for instance.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 pm

That would seem like to much of a reward, to me

I was thinking somewhere in between for both damage(the move-set should make up for it) and STR requirements.

Zwei would be 20, and Something like Smough's Hammer would need 48.5(rounded up) to two hand.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 pm

I agree that tanks are underpowered in Dark Souls, and that there should be rings to improve his/her fighting style as well. I'm just saying that AoE rings like that will just reverse the tables and make tanks overpowered and other styles won't match it. Rings like that are attacks aren't the way to balance things.
    Let's see... rings and combat changes for tanks:
    Certain weapons having a poise effect during their swing
    Quicken shield bashes
    Strengthen shield bashes
    Allow characters to still attack with his/her main weapon while shield bashing
    Increasing armor defenses
    Increasing the amount of poise armor gives
    Allow weapons other then spears and rapiers to attack while still guarding with his/her shield
    A ring that increases poise by a percentage instead of a flat-gain
    A ring that boosts stability
    A ring that regenerates HP
    A ring that increases shield damage reduction
    A ring that quickens shield bashes
    A ring that increases the wielder's Strength and decreases his/her maximum HP or defenses
    A ring that increases the wielder's Dexterity and decreases his/her maximum HP or defenses
    A ring that increases the wielder's base weapon damage and decreases his/her maximum HP or defenses
    A ring that makes the wielder's parameter(s) count as higher for qualifying for wielding weapons, shields (and armor if requirements for that is added)
    A ring that increases movement speed
    Add armor requirements, making better armor and poise available only to characters who higher physical stats
    Add knock-back to large weapons
    Add partial-parry to all non-AoE spell attacks
    Make a leaping version of a kick or push to be able to catch back-peddling characters
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Acarnatia wrote:A ring that regenerates HP
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:43 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.

Why not?
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:17 am

Slarg232 wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.

Why not?

I dont know why people is so scared about life reg. Dkwg is more annoying than that possibility. Of course im talking about a reg like using server, not an OP one.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 am

I say we should add a ring for tanks based off the WoW Warrior talent "Second Wind." Regenerates 3% of max HP every second while under 35%.

Would be way too overpowered unless it had a serious drawback, but still interesting. Would certainly negate poison.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:09 pm

I also hope they add a necklace slot, used for other effects that doesn't really need the investment of a ring slot. The old witch's ring is a very good example of what could have been a necklace instead. Or a dried finger necklace to always keep the invasion timer at 0, etc.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:40 pm

ublug wrote:I also hope they add a necklace slot, used for other effects that doesn't really need the investment of a ring slot. The old witch's ring is a very good example of what could have been a necklace instead. Or a dried finger necklace to always keep the invasion timer at 0, etc.

I'd rather see it based on the traditional "trinket" system of fantasy genre's. Necklaces (amulets) are primarily defensive based (The Stoneplate ring (buffed), Wolf Ring, Charred Ring, etc) while Rings are more for utility.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Shkar wrote:
    ublug wrote:I also hope they add a necklace slot, used for other effects that doesn't really need the investment of a ring slot. The old witch's ring is a very good example of what could have been a necklace instead. Or a dried finger necklace to always keep the invasion timer at 0, etc.

I'd rather see it based on the traditional "trinket" system of fantasy genre's. Necklaces (amulets) are primarily defensive based (The Stoneplate ring (buffed), Wolf Ring, Charred Ring, etc) while Rings are more for utility.

I was thinking of this so that everyone could wear the fap ring as a necklace silly
    Fossil
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Fossil Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:43 pm

Ashran wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.

Why not?

I dont know why people is so scared about life reg. Dkwg is more annoying than that possibility. Of course im talking about a reg like using server, not an OP one.

Regen gear is not broken if you balance it properly. The problem From made is the typical "this is overpowered, so let's nerf it into oblivion" response to DeS. In that game you could stack 18 HP/s in regen, so what'd they do in DaS? Nerf that to 1 HP/s (2 HP/2s) and a miracle that most people aren't going to use.

Plus Sanctus sucks anyways, because at 95% physical reduction, the HP regen won't even negate the chip damage you take and there are better shields that have the same reduction.
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Fossil wrote:Regen gear is not broken if you balance it properly. The problem From made is the typical "this is overpowered, so let's nerf it into oblivion" response to DeS. In that game you could stack 18 HP/s in regen, so what'd they do in DaS? Nerf that to 1 HP/s (2 HP/2s) and a miracle that most people aren't going to use.

Plus Sanctus sucks anyways, because at 95% physical reduction, the HP regen won't even negate the chip damage you take and there are better shields that have the same reduction.

Exactly. Not sure why the insane response to the way it was in DeS. I get that maybe they wanted to force players to vary their builds more, rather than the pure faith route, but damn that was some rough changes! Even at the aforementioned 18 hp/sec, its not like it would be that big of an advantage in this game, with most players hitting for 500+ (at the least, it seems!) damage in Pvp! HP regen, if done properly, is really not a big deal in the overall scheme of things with this game.

On that note, if HP regen ever becomes something like a standard RPG type thing, then i will officially quit! :roll:
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Some Rings I would like to see back from Demon's Souls(with some tweaks)

Ring of the Accursed - Wielder becomes enemies' top attack priority
    Friend's Ring - Increases all damage by 20% as Blue Phantom, but make it 10% instead
    Foe's Ring - Increases all damage by 20% as Black Phantom, make it only activate if host has summoned phantoms of any kind (that or force RSS to be 1v1 like the dragon eye)
    Regenerator's Ring - Recovers HP over time at 4hp/sec
    Ring Of Magical Sharpness - Magic Power +20% and Magic Defence -30%, replace Bellowing Dragon Crest Ring if dusk crown doesn't return and there should also be a miracle equivalent.
    Cat's Ring - Nullifies falling damage, call it soaring dragoncrest ring or something.[i]

I think any armor piece that has a buff should also have negative effects. If Dusk Crown had -30% magic defense in addition to the damage buff it wouldn't be overused in PvP.
    Mask of the Child could increase stamina regen but lower your max stamina. And so on.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Acarnatia wrote:Here a few suggestions for ring effects:
    Increased movement speed

Might as well have homing backstabs.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Frank_White wrote:If Dusk Crown had -30% magic defense in addition to the damage buff it wouldn't be overused in PvP.

It already does.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:40 pm

My favorite ring of all time in demons souls was the dull rats ring... the aura just looked the best, I have used it on so many characters. In dark souls the blue tearstone ring only activates at around 20% life. In my opinion they should increase the precentage again and maybe even the precentage of damgae taken because at this point it is completly useless.. but i may try to make a build that uses both the blue and red tearstone rings maybe it would be fun big grin
    so yeah... i want a better blue tearstone ring.. sry if someone else has already mentioned this i havent read all the posts
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:14 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:If Dusk Crown had -30% magic defense in addition to the damage buff it wouldn't be overused in PvP.

It already does.

I'd completely forgotten already... Not exactly one of my favorite headgear to use.
    OK it should have -30% to all defense, not just magical.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:49 am

NO HP REGEN RING. You would just have invaders running off to heal and would be able to do so even if you chased them. Plus faith builds are still overpowered. Healing for pyromancers and sorcerers. And also you cant do S with the sorcery attacks because everyone up til fatrollers can easily dodge all but the dark magics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:42 am