Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Seignar
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
steveswede
Animaaal
RANT
Back Lot Basher
10 posters

On a low level playthrough, which ring do you wear most with RoFaP?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

On a low level playthrough, which ring do you wear most with RoFaP? Empty On a low level playthrough, which ring do you wear most with RoFaP?

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Personally, I try to hold off on putting this ring on for as long as I can, since it locks up a ring slot. I try to wait until I do a slew of farming in the swamp, to load up on green and large titanite shards (I like to wear the Gold Covetous and Rusted at the same time down there). But once I put it on, I usually wear either the Wolf's Ring if I'm lightly armored, or Havel if I'm wearing some heavy gear. Havel seems like the logical choice, and then get what poise you can from armor.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

On a low level playthrough, which ring do you wear most with RoFaP? Empty Re: On a low level playthrough, which ring do you wear most with RoFaP?

Post by RANT Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 pm

havel and cloranthy ring is what i always use in low sl's.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

On a low level playthrough, which ring do you wear most with RoFaP? Empty Re: On a low level playthrough, which ring do you wear most with RoFaP?

Post by Animaaal Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Havels, Gold Serpent, Bellowing Dragon Crest, and Rusted Iron (I usually farm Quelaag) get the most mileage outta me in early playthroughs.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 pm

How many other people don't bother with the RoFaP, and just go with other combos?
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:How many other people don't bother with the RoFaP, and just go with other combos?

Me. Low level builds don't benefit using the RoFaP like high level players do. Havel's, Wolf, BDCR, Hornet are much better.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:How many other people don't bother with the RoFaP, and just go with other combos?

To me it's dependent on build, sometimes it just makes all the sense in the world to use the ring other times it doesn't. In no way do I consider it a necessity on some builds there are other rings that'll do much more for you.

The example I always use is the BDCR: On certain builds it is a juggernaut but on some other builds it is a complete waste. In short, rings complement the builds, not the other way around.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:57 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:

To me it's dependent on build, sometimes it just makes all the sense in the world to use the ring other times it doesn't. In no way do I consider it a necessity on some builds there are other rings that'll do much more for you.

The example I always use is the BDCR: On certain builds it is a juggernaut but on some other builds it is a complete waste. In short, rings complement the builds, not the other way around.

Ya I really only use BDCR because of pyro. Pyro speeds up pve and is helpful at low soul levels for phantom work. I usually don't use it for my 100 and 120 pvp builds, although I could I guess.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:03 pm

I never use RoFaP, unless I am using a true melee character (Fat rolling, VIT, etc) as the benefits are obvious. Otherwise I never use it, and people really overpraise this ring. Extra HP is hardly necessary if you just wear heavy armor or just bother to get your VIT to 20, at which point punishment isn't too severe if you make a mistake. Stamina is unnecessary if you know how to manage stamina (You know, guard switching, delay, manual evasion and, of course, parry). The only real benefit is burden increase, where Havel's can do a much better job and if you need both rings, then you really should reconsider your armor set or stat investments.

So since I marked RoFaP out: My most commonly used ring is as-of-late, the RTSR and Havel's Ring. Havel's has better benefits than Wolf Ring because it adds defense which is more valuable in PvE. RTSR because the best way to avoid a mistake is to make sure you kill the punisher first.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:11 pm

I'm doing a level 1 playthrough, so the biggest reason I'm thinking of using it is to avoid getting one-shotted by some bosses.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:I'm doing a level 1 playthrough, so the biggest reason I'm thinking of using it is to avoid getting one-shotted by some bosses.

I have a Warrior (only base 11 VIT and my armor was also an unupgraded Black Sorcerer Set - not exactly the toughest piece of armor out there) and the Ring of Steel Protection proved to be enough to survive Artorias' frontflips.

Take that as you will. On a low level playthrough, which ring do you wear most with RoFaP? 3358384175
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:I'm doing a level 1 playthrough, so the biggest reason I'm thinking of using it is to avoid getting one-shotted by some bosses.

Well that's different to saying low level playthrough. You have no flexibility with stats so using the ring will be helpful with the equipment you are wanting to use.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:17 pm

The ring of favor and protection is definitely the hardest ring to remove. My first 5 or so characters equipped it as soon as possible because it was just so darned good. Its a habit i'm attempting to break. I hardly ever regret it for most of a playthrough. Rings in of themselves hardly help me due to not exactly needing a defensive boost most of the time. However, it feels weird to be on a mage/pyromancer and fight the four kings without my bellowing dragoncrest ring because my ring slots are already spoken for.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Upgrade Dingy Set or wear Havel's. You'd be surprised at just what you can survive at base HP. No, I'm not saying you can survive everything, but many 1-shots will not happen. Also, upgrade that Balder Shield, real life-saver.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:47 pm

barrywilkins wrote:...... However, it feels weird to be on a mage/pyromancer and fight the four kings without my bellowing dragoncrest ring because my ring slots are already spoken for.......

Yep
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:56 pm

I usually get the rite of Kindling early on, so with that I often get the Silver Serpent ring, and wear it the whole playthrough so I get souls faster.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm

Ring of fog mainly. But, if I need heavier equipment, then Havel's.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Havel and RedTearstone

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:37 am