Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Derpwraith
BIG TIME MASTER
gmwdim
Carphil
DemonRider909
mr_no_face
Mr. Tart
Serious_Much
Ashran
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Acarnatia
ChizFreak
ClassicBlaze
GrinTwist
Johnthethird
19 posters

Create your own enemy

ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Create your own enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: Create your own enemy

Post by ClassicBlaze Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:32 am

Johnthethird wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:Soren...son of Seath? I made a post with that.....you sure you didnt copy it bro? because that wouldnt be cool.
    No. It just was the coolest sounding name beginning with S that I could think of. I have never seen any other Soren son of Seathe

I just used it as a joke in another post, not the Soren part though, also, I do like your idea, just was curious as to where you got the name...because it was a damm coincidence.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 pm

ClassicBlaze wrote:
    Johnthethird wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:Soren...son of Seath? I made a post with that.....you sure you didnt copy it bro? because that wouldnt be cool.
    No. It just was the coolest sounding name beginning with S that I could think of. I have never seen any other Soren son of Seathe

I just used it as a joke in another post, not the Soren part though, also, I do like your idea, just was curious as to where you got the name...because it was a damm coincidence.
    My second grade teacher was named soren. And it was the coolest sounding name I could think of that began with S.
    DemonRider909
    DemonRider909
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DemonRider909 Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:19 am

Name: Riftwalker

Description: A soul in a shell, driven by bloodlust and a need for killing, fueled through insanity. Humanoid in body shape and appearance, a Riftwalker is somewhat taller than an average human, with the left arm/hand bone from which the muscle and skin hangs in tatters. This arm is left free, with nothing covering it, the left arm of the armor being left off. The right hand is pale flesh, and is extremely strong. It is also covered with a bronze armor, an intricate serpentine design running down the armpiece. The hand is gloved with leather, rienforced with chain mail on some sections. The right hand wields a large sword, but the sword is smaller than a greatsword, while the left wields a dagger held in an upside-down position. Each weapon's blade is formed from rift energy (explained later) and drains health with certain attacks, healing the Riftwalker. The chest of the is covered with corroded silver armor, broken into five divisions, exposing where a heart should be. In this spot where the heart should be, the skin is ripped and the inside of the humanoid can be viewed. There is no heart or organs, only the darkness of rift energy. Each section of armor is carved/embroidered with the vises of souls in vivid detail, each with a different expression. One is in torcher and pain, the other is in anger, another in sadness, the fourth in a hysteric state of madness, and the final with an expressionless, void image. The legs wear the same type of silver armor as the chest, corroded and breaking, only that this armor does not have any design or embroidery. The feet are booted in leather. The head of a Riftwalker is covered with a helmet, which completely covers the face and has only two small slits for eyes. Unlike the other armors, the helmet is made of a black, obsidian metal, and is completely smooth. The helmet has two horns, carved from the teeth of some of the Everlasting Dragons. The Riftwalkers crackle with the Rift's own energy.

Combat/Fighting Style: Riftwalkers steal health with every hit, meaning any damage they deal to you, they will heal themselves for half of that. They posses a four-hit combo: Two swipes diagnally with the longsword, then a slight pause before the attempt to impale you with a thrust. If they manage this, it will turn into a grab, through which they take half of your remaining health and then swipe your neck with the dagger. This will almost always instantly kill, but is not used very often. There is a two hit attack, a swipe with the sword and then a thrust with the dagger. They may also prepare a strong thrust with the dagger. They have a bakstep/running attack, where they leap into the air and then come down with both weapons. They also posses an enragement when they are very low on health, where they lean back and scream, emitting an AOE and increasing damage. They're most dangerous attack is one used when they feel endangered/threatened when they are not attacking. Rift-Blades may teleport by stepping into a rip in the fabric of life. They may be damaged as the portal is closing, but once closed, Riftwalkers may appear at any random location,be it below, above, or to the sides. They take no fall damage. When exiting a portal, the Rift-Blade spins throught the air, both blades thrust out. This is parry-able. Riftwalkers teleport frequently.

Lore: Riftwalkers were assassins and mercenaries, knight and warrior. They were any fighter, who was driven by bloodlust or a need to kill. Or hatred. Their souls corrupted, these individuals' souls were taken after death by one who could use them. He was the Grand Executioner, a creature of such power that none dared oppose him. His enemies were few and far, with the fear he instilled. Still, he craved more death, more food. More undead. The Darksign, a brand to return one after death as an undead, was engineered by the Grand Executioner. He cast the spell on a clouded world, and corrupted the bodies and minds of those he touched. The Darksign was his source of food. Suffering. Death. Command. But, most of all, Insanity. He drove many a mortal mad, and many a God and King without his Kingdom. But it was slow process, tedious and time-consuming. Even with his power, there were still things to be done. Work to do. But, alas, the Grand Executioner did not get enough food, and he wanted more suffering. He wanted an army, for he was the only one inforcing his rule. He collected the souls and bodies of killers, turning them into machines of his will. These poor souls wished to kill more, to take more lives, to drive their own twisted bloodlust and insanity. He warped them into beings that clearly depicted their souls and hearts and bodies. A soul in a body, the same body for each killer. The Grand Execitioner gave his army a bronze armpiece, his serpent-like insignia clear and visible, as their other armors were corroded and broken. He had no control over the forms of their left arms. They say the left hand is the hand of the Devil, and somehow, this belief was instilled into the souls of these killers. They made their own arms bone, the ripped flesh hanging. This was their idea of instilling fear of all who saw them. The left arm was also the arm of the Grand Executioner, and try as he might, he could not shape their left arm as he wanted. So he left it, thinking fear was much better than armor. He crafted his army weapons of his realm, the Rift, a dark and powerful well and source of energy. He infused them with the ability to manipulate the Rift, allowing them to teleport. He shaped them life-stealing blades, a sword and a dagger. He placed the sword in their right as the main weapon, and the dagger in their left as a tool of Death. The helmet was crafted from the Rift's own metal, obsidian melded with other elements to creat a metal. The helmet was designed smooth to show the concentration of the killers on their set task. The Grand Executioner named his army the Riftwalkers, in honor of the ability he gifted to them. The Riftwalkers are unable to speak, their understanding of language gone, although they are able to make other sounds, some unhuman. The Riftwalkers marched out to do the bidding of the Grand Executioner, killing anything in their path. Soon they were known as pawns of the Grand Executioner, and fear of him rose more. None dared oppose him. The Riftwalkers were unsoppable, invincible. The few sane mortals questioned the motives of the Grand Executioner. Did he not have enough? The answer was simple. No. The Darksign's creation gave him an endless supply of energy and food. And entertainment. The Riftwalkers loved their position. They were living their dream. All seemed lost, much of the world insane. Untill, one day, they suddenly vanished without a trace. Nothing. No one had done a thing, nothing had happened. The Grand Executioner and his army were reaching complete domination. But they were gone. For years, mortals and gods alike stood on gaurd, waiting for another attack. It never came. It seemed they were gone. The world rejoiced, and over long periods of time, some mortals were rid of the Darksign and completely forgot about its previous existance. The past all seemed to be a bad dream. But there was one place which could never rid of the Darksign. Lordaran. It simply would not leave, for it was the spawn of the Darksign, the first place for it to emerge. Insanity goes on everywhere, but more so there. What of the Grand Executioner and his mythical Riftwalkers? They had not re-emerged. Some Riftwalkers can be found prowling, looking for prey, but most mortal have forgotten what they are, and simply stay far away. No one knows the truth. Except for the Gods. They know. They know that the Grand Executioner has been planning his greatest accomplishment, and it is almost finished. Soon, he and his Riftwalkers will re-emerge. They are already beginning to roam the lands again. None of the Gods know what the Grand Executioner's plan is. All they know is this: He must be stopped. But who can rise to such a task?

I'm currently working on the Riftwalkers' appearance/weapons and whatnot, so expect pictures at some point. Who knows? They may never be finished, being the perfectionist I am. Anyway, I can do the Grand Executioner is you guys want. Oh, and sorry for the long post, I just really love this idea.
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:50 pm

By Chaos! +1 for all the work you had writting that, Im amazed by the level of detail, I mean, you got everything planned, from his lore to his move sets, thats just incredible! Hoping to see a picture of him soon
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:32 pm

I love the way everyone's making massive lore for what will be basically random mobs and minor npcs, lol
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Name: Crystal Chameleons

Very short deescription: About the size of a DkS Rat, Chameleons are creatures that wander alone and do not attack on sight. They appear to be grey and have nothing special, but once engaged, they will envolve to the current element of your main source of damage.

Eg. If you attack with pyro, he will become red and invulnerable to fire for 30 seconds. Same with souls magic, lightning and phisical

Edit: chameleon also gain special abilities when they envolve:

pyro: Burn on contact (Humanities monsters)

lightning: very fast movement speed and attack rate

phisical: increased poise (havels shield Special/Iron flesh)

magic: are able to cast hoaming soul mass

You must be fast to kill a chameleon because every time they envolve, they gain more health and damage, capping at 4 times. Killing them rewards you with very rare upgrading titanites/stuff.

Fighting style: They shoot spines at you, if you get close, they will switch to melee combat and make short 2 hits combos with claws and teeth and then dodging. If low on heath, they'll run away like the crystal lizards, and can trick you so you can fall for your death.

Very short lore: Lizards were once normal creatures of the forest, but they got corrupted by Seath's magic and gained special absorving abilities. The chameleons are older cousins to the lizards and are able to adapt to any dangerous enviroment.

Last edited by Carphil on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar, sleepy)
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 pm

I want to fight a guy in red and black heavy armor (or blue and black) and a mask, who does backflips and stabs you in the back. Or spams Wrath of the Gods.
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:18 pm

gmwdim wrote:I want to fight a guy in red and black heavy armor (or blue and black) and a mask, who does backflips and stabs you in the back. Or spams Wrath of the Gods.

That sounds strangely familiar...does he attack in groups?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 pm

ClassicBlaze wrote:
    gmwdim wrote:I want to fight a guy in red and black heavy armor (or blue and black) and a mask, who does backflips and stabs you in the back. Or spams Wrath of the Gods.

That sounds strangely familiar...does he attack in groups?

I think I remember something like that happening, those guys were such bastards, they kinda ruined PVE for me
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:05 am

Benevolent Philosopher

Upon sighting you, he sits down in the lotus position and claims that he will neither fight you nor impede you, but will pray for your soul and wish it peace.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:54 am

OLD MONK 2.0! GO-GO-GO!
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:02 am

its been done before but a dark version of you, like imagine a decked out boss with all of your gear, spells, etc except 5x ur hp and hits like a tank I do say it'd be an experience xD like imagine an NG+10 npc version of urself ......think about it
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:32 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:its been done before but a dark version of you, like imagine a decked out boss with all of your gear, spells, etc except 5x ur hp and hits like a tank I do say it'd be an experience xD like imagine an NG+10 npc version of urself ......think about it
    I think that this would be really cool. Or maybe he's like a wandering version of yourself who you encounter at random locasions?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:00 pm

Make him/her a randomly (specifically placed) reoccurring dark you that gets stronger until the final encounter.
    As awesome as that sounds, I think it doesn't fit the game.
    JumpsU3vs1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JumpsU3vs1 Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Be cool if they put some assassin mobs that patrolled over areas in stealth mode that run in for backstabs. Their position might be different each time you go through the area. Also they should be faster than the player, so you can't outrun them.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:55 pm

I really hope that they finally put some wandering enemies in dark souls 2.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:17 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:Name: Doppelganger
    Description: A ghostly wraith that mimics the players equipment and stats, who appears randomly throughout the whole game, becoming a more vicious and challenging foe every time he is deafeated, adapting to your own playstyle while using it to kill you.
    Lore: "The grass is always greenier on the other side " such saying fits him right, for in life, he always wished to be someone else, thinking that others had it easy or better, cursing himself everyday for not having the life he wanted, but never working to make his own better...a depressing and enranged man...who was chained to a life he didnt want to live, but that was made by none but himself... till the day a misterious stranger made him an offer he couldnt refuse...the chance to be whoever he laid eyes on...blind by desire...he accepted...few did he know...that such wish...was but an eternal curse.

+1

He could be part of a boss fight to balance it out. You encounter him in an area several times, growing stronger/faster everytime you beat him, and you face him in his strongest/smartest form in the boss room.

Mine is similar to this. For ClassicBlaze's I would recommend it be similar to Kirk, maybe an invader who shows up periodically in certain areas.

Name: Lost Soul
    Role: Final boss

The idea with this one is that the ghosts of your past, in a sense, have come back to haunt you. It would read the save file on your PS3 of (one of) your Dark Souls playthrough(s), and become an imitation of that, yet more powerful. So your goal is to beat yourself in a way o.o
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:33 am

I hope they expand upon the vagrants.
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:47 am

Myztyrio wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:
    ClassicBlaze wrote:Name: Doppelganger
    Description: A ghostly wraith that mimics the players equipment and stats, who appears randomly throughout the whole game, becoming a more vicious and challenging foe every time he is deafeated, adapting to your own playstyle while using it to kill you.
    Lore: "The grass is always greenier on the other side " such saying fits him right, for in life, he always wished to be someone else, thinking that others had it easy or better, cursing himself everyday for not having the life he wanted, but never working to make his own better...a depressing and enranged man...who was chained to a life he didnt want to live, but that was made by none but himself... till the day a misterious stranger made him an offer he couldnt refuse...the chance to be whoever he laid eyes on...blind by desire...he accepted...few did he know...that such wish...was but an eternal curse.

+1

He could be part of a boss fight to balance it out. You encounter him in an area several times, growing stronger/faster everytime you beat him, and you face him in his strongest/smartest form in the boss room.

Mine is similar to this. For ClassicBlaze's I would recommend it be similar to Kirk, maybe an invader who shows up periodically in certain areas.

Name: Lost Soul
    Role: Final boss

The idea with this one is that the ghosts of your past, in a sense, have come back to haunt you. It would read the save file on your PS3 of (one of) your Dark Souls playthrough(s), and become an imitation of that, yet more powerful. So your goal is to beat yourself in a way o.o

Yeah, kinda similar to mine...but I dont think he should be like Kirk, I want it to be unexpected, so it will always surprise the player no matter how many times they played through the game and with this random nature I bet he would ruin the day of many people.
    Nessima017
    Nessima017
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nessima017 Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Some man eating plants/traps like the mimics could be fun. I know we had the walking vines and the lizard trees but a venus fly trap enemy would be hilarous.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:06 am