Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
CrackSouls
Soris Ice Goldwing
Serious_Much
Jiub of Carim
robsthedon
Hugh_G_Johnson
Sentiel
Animaaal
KingSeekerCow
Forum Pirate
reim0027
IV_Mark_VI
Tarkkus
17 posters

Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade?

FullSpe3D
    Casual
    Casual

Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade?

Post by FullSpe3D Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:57 pm

DMB looks cooler. I prefer DMB for this reason only.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade?

Post by Paragon Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    luvz2fight wrote:I know Im not the only one to say this but in my experience it has always served me better to have both. What I do is memorize the resistances of frequently used armor sets and shields so that when I see equipment i recognize i can choose the buff that fits the occasion. It seems like you would be doing yourself a disservice to pick one when you can easily have both. I just dont see the point in picking one over the other. big grin Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade? - Page 2 1697181849

Thats a really good point, but only if you wanna be a DMB. I'm jealous though. I dont memerize at all for the most part. Hell, half the time I dont even focus unless my humanity is getting low lol.

Its easier to recognize stuff when your invading because when your hosting its hard to make out 100% of the time what your opponent is using. Im new to dark souls but during my time playing it ive learned and applied tricks that I hardly ever see other people using. For instance have you heard of Pressing?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:00 pm

luvz2fight wrote:...For instance have you heard of Pressing?...

Lol I guess not, unless you mean buttons! silly jj

I guess I dont know whether I do it or not either. Please define good sir. Bow

Thanks in advance.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade? - Page 2 Empty Pressing Definition

Post by Paragon Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:46 pm

No not pressing buttons :roll:. Pressing is a technique I developed to counter people who roll away after fishing for parries. What you do is if your opponent is fishing for parries you fake them out tricking them into parrying. After this fails they typically roll or flip away. After the Parry fails IMMEDIATELY put up your shield up and sprint at them Pressing your shield up against them. After one or two (sometimes more) rolls you hit em hard with the tip of your weapon. Use the tip so they cant parry you as easily. I developed it in the forest then refined it in the burg. It works about 80-90% of the time. Its one of my favorite techniques because it helps fight people who are skilled at parries.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Animaaal wrote:Darkmoon Blade on a Silver Knight Sword looks like a lightsaber.....OOOOO.....Obi-wan-kenobi build 8)
    'Lightsaber' = laser = concentrated photons = sunlight blade.

Moon is just a reflection, a cheap parody of the real deal.

For parry spammers, backstab them. Do a handful of fake attacks, make it seem you're trigger happy, and when they roll in front of you, go behind them expecting them to hit the parry button.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:36 pm

[{(For parry spammers, backstab them. Do a handful of fake attacks, make it seem you're trigger happy, and when they roll in front of you, go behind them expecting them to hit the parry button.[/quote])}]

I didn't say Pressing was the only way to deal with Parry spammers I just said it was the best. I used to do what ur talking about but against people who are actually good at parries and not just fishing for em its simply not as effective. Pressing works really well against both types.

I didn't mean for this to take away from the main discussion but it did and I apologize for that.

Back to the main discussion both are equally useful but if you ask me which one looks cooler I would have to say DMB because i dont like the lighting effect. If it were just a golden glow that would look way better.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 pm

luvz2fight wrote:No not pressing buttons :roll:. Pressing is a technique I developed to counter people who roll away after fishing for parries. What you do is if your opponent is fishing for parries you fake them out tricking them into parrying. After this fails they typically roll or flip away. After the Parry fails IMMEDIATELY put up your shield up and sprint at them Pressing your shield up against them. After one or two (sometimes more) rolls you hit em hard with the tip of your weapon. Use the tip so they cant parry you as easily. I developed it in the forest then refined it in the burg. It works about 80-90% of the time. Its one of my favorite techniques because it helps fight people who are skilled at parries.

Ya I parry bait. I usually backstab them though. Sounds cool. happy

IV_Mark_VI wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Darkmoon Blade on a Silver Knight Sword looks like a lightsaber.....OOOOO.....Obi-wan-kenobi build 8)
    'Lightsaber' = laser = concentrated photons = sunlight blade.

Moon is just a reflection, a cheap parody of the real deal.

For parry spammers, backstab them. Do a handful of fake attacks, make it seem you're trigger happy, and when they roll in front of you, go behind them expecting them to hit the parry button.

Hmmmm....its orange though...Plo Koon? I'll get on it. bounce
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:50 pm

I give you...Plo Koon
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade? - Page 2 Empty I like it

Post by Paragon Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 pm

I really like the use of the Bloated sorcerer's head. Your jedi builds are pretty awesome, if only buffs lasted longer. I forget have you been posting on the Dark Link thread, we could use your help over their if you haven't; your cosplay builds are really good. Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade? - Page 2 1697181849
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:56 pm

My vote is for Lingering ring crystal magic weapon.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:05 am

luvz2fight wrote:I really like the use of the Bloated sorcerer's head. Your jedi builds are pretty awesome, if only buffs lasted longer. I forget have you been posting on the Dark Link thread, we could use your help over their if you haven't; your cosplay builds are really good. Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade? - Page 2 1697181849

Wow thanks dude Bow ...they could prolly be better lol.

Not sure Shrug what is it?

and

lordgodofhell wrote:My vote is for Lingering ring crystal magic weapon.

cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:07 am