Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
The Letter X
mugenis4real
Animaaal
xRamenatorx
8 posters

FoG build: NEW BUILD (experienced players please read/comment))

CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

FoG build: NEW BUILD (experienced players please read/comment)) - Page 2 Empty Re: FoG build: NEW BUILD (experienced players please read/comment))

Post by CrackSouls Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:55 pm

This is extremely interesting. I wish you were on PSN, I'd ask for a duel!
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

FoG build: NEW BUILD (experienced players please read/comment)) - Page 2 Empty Re: FoG build: NEW BUILD (experienced players please read/comment))

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks dude. Im trying to invest in a playstation but will take some time. But yea spread the word about the ring of fog haha and definitely try it out; loads of fun. Id put the gameplay up on youtube but dont have the equipment.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Also if people ask for the source of the FoG build its not just me but a dude named ignition aswell
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:08 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:Nah ive beaten skilled players (cant name names)

Its basically a pyro dex build. And yes theyre are extremely effective. All i did was switch the rings which provided me with max pyro dmg(bellowing dragonescent) and confusion on wether i will parry or combust. If i didnt use the fog ring id just use the rofap ring for higher hp and better equipment.

So yes the build is very viable when combined with a decent dex wep like the chaos blade (what i use)

Also the armor getup on my dude is havels gaintlets and hollow soldier waistcloth. The dude me and mugen are making has armor thatll make legs invidible, give decent poise, and max out pyro dmg.

Saying the FoG build is only useful against the inexperienced is wrong because at its core its s pyro dex and everyone knows how well those work.

I'm sorry man, but the fog ring is not good for anything. It was good for pursuers until everyone learned how easy they are to avoid.

And you can name names, you can't name id's. Although thats nice of you because I'm sure someone would be embarrassed by loosing to this. I sure would.

I know a pyro/dex is a good build. I have one.

You're wasting a ring slot if you're not invading.

I guess I assumed you meant this would be viable in a dueling environment. Thats my fault. I apologize. Its a neat idea, but Lunar Fog has some threads that could help you expand your fog ring effectiveness. Serious, she had a whole thread about it. Even tested it on males vs females.

I apologize for assuming you were implying this would be effective in a dueling envirnoment.

The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Never doubt anything, Animaaal. Anything can be viable in the right hands. I might have lost to that build, I can't remember for sure, but I wouldn't be ashamed of it because of the person who used the build. They might have given me my only loss that night.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:19 pm

The Letter X is right Animaaal it just depends on how you use it; i personally play by reading my oppenent and using "patterns" in my movesets so theyll catch on and then i use that to my advantage; basically tactics and tricks

Ill check her thing out and nah its all good but i was implying that its effective in a deuling enviroment. My win ratio is like 20 to 1 though granted i know how to fall back on the normal pyrodex part of the build. However the trickery of the darkhand and pyro flame in the left hand is actually deadly to experienced pvpers.

For example after you blast them with a pyro flame in your right hand yoh switch to your katana and make sure they know you have an invisible shield in your left. An exoerienced player eill take note of this. Which is why yoh switch your left hand wep to anothet pyro flame(they cant tell you did) and blast them again. Just these two pyro flames will give you 1000 to 1400 dmg. Not to mention the threat of a parry
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:25 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:The Letter X is right Animaaal it just depends on how you use it; i personally play by reading my oppenent and using "patterns" in my movesets so theyll catch on and then i use that to my advantage; basically tactics and tricks

Ill check her thing out and nah its all good but i was implying that its effective in a deuling enviroment. My win ratio is like 20 to 1 though granted i know how to fall back on the normal pyrodex part of the build. However the trickery of the darkhand and pyro flame in the left hand is actually deadly to experienced pvpers.

For example after you blast them with a pyro flame in your right hand yoh switch to your katana and make sure they know you have an invisible shield in your left. An exoerienced player eill take note of this. Which is why yoh switch your left hand wep to anothet pyro flame(they cant tell you did) and blast them again. Just these two pyro flames will give you 1000 to 1400 dmg. Not to mention the threat of a parry

but you need poise, what if they just swing at you? Just because I know my opponent has a shield doesn't mean I wont swing ever
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 pm

I doubt everything, its why this build wouldn't catch me off guard.

Fog Ring isn't 100% either.

On top of that, you can just use the silver pendant to activate the pursuers prematurely if you desire.

The fog ring might hide fist weapons, but is that really going to matter much?

As far as "appearing" to be holding a katana, what use does that really have? allows you to cast a combustion? Thats kinda cool and all, but once a good player gets hit with one, they won't get hit with it again, unless the player has good set ups to begin with, in which case they wouldn't need the illusion.

I'm not saying its a crappy idea. Its just not very competitive from a standard level of comparison.

If you wanna say anything is possible, then fine....I agree.

I think the ops efforts would be better spent towards an assasin build, but to each their own.

Good Luck, I hope you enjoy your idea. Its very creative.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:30 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:The Letter X is right Animaaal it just depends on how you use it; i personally play by reading my oppenent and using "patterns" in my movesets so theyll catch on and then i use that to my advantage; basically tactics and tricks

I'm sorry, but the underlined is where I believe youare wrong. Take your build to a forum sl 55 event, or a sl 100 fight club environment, and see what I'm talking about.

If you beat people with this concept at those gatherings, then you are a pvp God and should not be allowed to enter events. :Baal02:

I knwo your shenanigans wouldn't work on me, and I'm semi-pro at best.

None-the-less you're very passionate about your points. Thats good passion is far and in between these days.

I look forward to seeing some other ideas.

Again, good luck.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:38 pm

@jansport i have 36poise which is plenty

@Animaaal the pursurer thing was just a bonus; i can dodge them without it

Two handing the pyro flame only give you one hit? In most cases true but that hit is usually a critical that does 700dmgand when combined with my other two "free" hit combustions thats between 1600 and 2100 dmh from just combustion alone

A pyro dex build foceses more one melee from what ive seen. The FoG build takes the opposite approach and revolves more around pyro. In pvp a few combustion hits are all you need.

Thanks for the creativness thing. But this build is really meant for sl lv 120. I could actually drop it down too 100. And level 55pvp wouldnt really be good for any dex pyro because the 45 dex can be a little much unless you dnt mind being a glass cannon. So basically you shouldnt compare sl55 pvp to sl120 lol

Also dnt mean to sound like a butt haha
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:42 pm

@Jansports im also very good with black flame. I time it so my flame hits and stagger my oppenent right befire their atk animation is over ir hits which gives me extra critical dmg and sometimes an extra hit with my katana
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:10 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:@jansport i have 36poise which is plenty

@Animaaal the pursurer thing was just a bonus; i can dodge them without it

thats good then

Two handing the pyro flame only give you one hit?
    yes, or at least no more than normal after the first "trick cast"

In most cases true but that hit is usually a critical that does 700dmgand when combined with my other two "free" hit combustions thats between 1600 and 2100 dmh from just combustion alone

A pyro dex build foceses more one melee from what ive seen. The FoG build takes the opposite approach and revolves more around pyro. In pvp a few combustion hits are all you need.

I've found that the better players I played didn't fall for my magic crap as often as I'd have liked lol. Oh no. Having 16 combustions doing 300 damage is what I'd prefer to having 8 combustion pyors that do 450 damage. This is even more prevelent considering most average hp is 1500-2000 from sl 100-130. If it were 2100-2600, I might opt for more damage then.

Thanks for the creativness thing. But this build is really meant for sl lv 120. I could actually drop it down too 100. And level 55pvp wouldnt really be good for any dex pyro because the 45 dex can be a little much unless you dnt mind being a glass cannon. So basically you shouldnt compare sl55 pvp to sl120 lol

No dude lol. At sl 55 it would be killer lol. You just wouldn't need dex, you'd use elemental. Dex does not affect your hidden pyro concept in almost any way.:idea:

You do not need dex for combustions, dark bead, HCSM, Fire Surge, Force, WoG, imo.

Spoiler:

Also dnt mean to sound like a butt haha

You're not bud lol.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:17 pm

I was agreeing on the one hit thing haha just saying that the one hit does 700dmg.

Also i use black flame fir the stagger and extra dmg because i like to hit them during their animation so theyre staggered plus i get critical dmg on top of bellowing ring and crown of dusk. Also i only need twohits with this build the sword can di the rest xD

And yea lv55 use elementals i was jst refering to the casting speed of pyros compared to what it is at 45dex. Though the fog build wouldnt be as effective comparitively, like you said earlier, (not saying i couodnt win with it at that level xD im oretty decent)at sl55 just because with the low stats that ring slot could be put to much beyter use
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Actually I was saying you dont need dex at all if you're just using/spamming combustion, or dark bead, or wog for that matter.

You're obviously trying to max your damage and trick someone with a couple combusts right? Why not use elemental weps and get more vit, or poise and defenses, especially since you're using fog ring and BDCR, and you dont need stamina?

The only arguement I'd make is for dex is the kick-->combust, which isnt actually needed. But still very effective.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:44 pm

The endurance is really fir the equip weight. And 45dex is because i love to cast fireballs and im more into the damage that katanas output at 49dex than using elementals and being able ti rake a few mire blows; especially since this build wouldnt benefit from extra hp as muc h since i dnt use hp multipliers like moms mask or rofap ring. Basically i max out pyro dmg and physical dmg.

I tried power within but the fast pace doesnt fit my play style and especially not when i use this build

Random but part of what makes a dex pyro build so effective is that you never know what the player is going to do; melee or pyro. The fog ring adds to this component in the sense that they dnt get a heads up from your left hand on wether you might parry or pyro
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:45 pm

*that katanas output at 49dex
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:45 pm

*40 dex...stupid phone
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Animaaal wrote:Actually I was saying you dont need dex at all if you're just using/spamming combustion, or dark bead, or wog for that matter

I feel the same way but for some reason when it comes to having 45 Dex I'm like:

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:56 am

Hello xRamenatorx! finally found this post FoG build: NEW BUILD (experienced players please read/comment)) - Page 2 3358384175

I'm not a fan of pyromancy by any means, but I really dig Fog ring builds!
    Fog ring can make some opponents confused and as you said: the fist weapons are invisible with it, so it always looks cool to have dark hand as you shield.
    One bad thing about Fog ring is that while it does help with Pursuers and HCSM, those can still be your biggest downfall, reason being that unlike when using hidden body, with Fog ring those spells still acivate, but only when you are really close to your opponent and on some scenarios that is even worse than normally when they activate from the distance, so you better keep your distance in these situations (with pyro it shouldn't be too muh of a problem though...) or get your build Hidden body sorcery too to accompany the Fog Ring.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:02 am

Animaaal wrote:Actually I was saying you dont need dex at all if you're just using/spamming combustion, or dark bead, or wog for that matter.

You're obviously trying to max your damage and trick someone with a couple combusts right? Why not use elemental weps and get more vit, or poise and defenses, especially since you're using fog ring and BDCR, and you dont need stamina?

The only arguement I'd make is for dex is the kick-->combust, which isnt actually needed. But still very effective.

Pyro builds should always have 45 DEX, it makes a huuuuuge difference on the casting speed.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:46 am

Juutas wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Actually I was saying you dont need dex at all if you're just using/spamming combustion, or dark bead, or wog for that matter.

Pyro builds should always have 45 DEX, it makes a huuuuuge difference on the casting speed.

Nope. Dexterity is almost completely uneeded with any combustion, fire surge, mists. The fireballs are only where they are needed or the aoes.

Like I said the kick-->combustion works much better with 45 dex. But it is not necessary for the aforementioned castings.

It is also not need for Dark Bead, WoG (not that it works on WoG), and some actually have said it is not needed for fieballs...which I disagree.

And the dexterity influence on pyros start at 35, you'll actually notice a difference there.

Furthermore, if its a dex build using fireballs, some would also argue 40 dex is plenty and the gains from 40-45 are minimal enough to forgo.

Sorry man, but dex is only needed on certain castings, not an entire casting class ie pyro, sorcery, miracle.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:13 am

And after kick combustion, wake up combustion and fireball speed are not important on a pyro build...?
    I myself usually just laugh at the pyromancers I fight who don't have the fastest casting speed because those just aren't fast enough to connect/suprise anyone + combustion is far less likely to catch opponent during their roll, but each to their own I guess.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:10 am

@Juutas haha alright thanks for finding the topic xD. Also random but i took a step in your shoes and am trying out the lingsword with 55poise. Though i use a bow snd the estoc as well. Still though very challenginh
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 am

Straightswords are great weapons, I'm starting to enjoy them more than katana, and I find them more fun to fight against as well.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:00 am

Yea the straightswords feel more like a fight rather than distance control (except for the balder sword sometimes); which is what the main dex weapons utilize like the spears, katanas, great scythe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:18 am