Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
The Letter X
mugenis4real
Animaaal
xRamenatorx
8 posters

FoG build: NEW BUILD (experienced players please read/comment))

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

FoG build: NEW BUILD (experienced players please read/comment)) - Page 3 Empty Re: FoG build: NEW BUILD (experienced players please read/comment))

Post by Juutas Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Definitely! Straightswords are fun as hell to play with <3
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

FoG build: NEW BUILD (experienced players please read/comment)) - Page 3 Empty Re: FoG build: NEW BUILD (experienced players please read/comment))

Post by Animaaal Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Juutas wrote:And after kick combustion, wake up combustion and fireball speed are not important on a pyro build...?
    I myself usually just laugh at the pyromancers I fight who don't have the fastest casting speed because those just aren't fast enough to connect/suprise anyone + combustion is far less likely to catch opponent during their roll, but each to their own I guess.

I wondered this a lot because the first build I made was a pure dex. Then I started using pyro and asked myself, "Sure I like fireballs, but is dex needed for combustions???"

I even created a poll: Using Dexterity to Decrease Casting Times in PvP

I'm not trying to promote this old poll. As a matter of fact, the polling supports your claim.

However, if you read the posts (#2 speciafically), you'll see that either some of the best players in the forum are wrong, or the voting was mislead by the conversations in the thread.

Also, the op was stating this build for using the Fog Ring for suprise combustions specifically, in which case I still say could be done with any build designed around the same clever trickery.

If the op would've stated using ALL pyros were apart of their startegy, then of course I wouldn't have suggested dex was not needed.

But you're right to each their own. I was just saying dex is not NEEDED in certain situations regarding castings and have had plenty of success using combustions with strength builds for instance.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:14 pm

A week or so ago I read in the discoveries thread that the fog ring completely hides the dark hand and the pyro glove so I immediately tried it out on my dex/pyro build. It has been awesome.

I have both the hand and glove in my left hand and I have been throwing out random parries, raising the shield, then a quick change to the glove for a combustion and back to the hand again. I will also switch them back and forth quite a bit without using either one, (you still make the "reach towards your belt" animation when you switch, so it is helpful to confuse your opponent as to which is currently being used..

Not only has it been fun, but I think without a doubt that it has made my build, (which we already know is an effective build), that much more dangerous.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:01 pm

@lextune yea ive been using this FoG build for a few months now. Ive played alot of pvp with it so people probably caught on but still very effective; i tried to get someone to post some gameplay on youtube but no one would haha so i rhought the next best thing was a thread .Also a 2nd pyro flame in your right hand adds a whole lot to the mix.

@Animaaal yes combustion type pyros are the best for this build but i also use fireballs and fire surge. Though any decent player can dodge a fireball even with the extra cast speed
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:12 pm

It will always be effective. Your opponent not knowing whether you are currently able to parry, or use combustion is always going to be a plus.

As for the dexterity, mine is at 45. I have four slots, great combustion, chaos fireball and fire tempest. The added speed to the fireballs and tempest is essential. Once you master aiming the fireballs unlocked, and throw them where your opponent is going to be, rather than at them, dodging becomes far more difficult for them. I hit plenty of very good PvPer's with the residual lava. winking

And at 45 Dex you can sometimes catch people with Tempest after a successful riposte. Although I feel like I mostly use Tempest as a "celebration" after being indicted, lol.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Fireballs are good. I use them as well but after you use something you know its weakness and they are incredibly easy to dodge wether you have lockon or off if you know what your doing. Not dayin i cant hitppl with them just that few playerd who know what theyre doing, and myself, havent been hit by one in a looong time.

Also for anyone who wants to know a strategy to diminish the effects of the fog pyro, dark hand is to play normally as though they always have combustion because thats the biggest threat. If they had a shield ahh well they block an atk so just dont spam or be predictable and a parry usually wont connect because dark hand cant do set up parries.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:54 pm