Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
PwnasauresRex
zwanzig-tausend
Icegodzilla
Comrade Sparkle
ResIsBestStat
VMatrixX
Ahhotep1
DaemonNacht
DigitaLinsanitY
Paragon
Hugh_G_Johnson
Squashy_Avocado
swordiris
Soris Ice Goldwing
Zerounknown
JamieJae
billy_bayonet
Latitoast
Jwebby6
User1
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
26 posters

Messengers of Velka Rise.

Squashy_Avocado
    Squashy_Avocado
    Casual
    Casual

Messengers of Velka Rise. - Page 21 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka Rise.

Post by Squashy_Avocado Sun May 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Well I'll be back on more frequently. The flickering pissed me off, so I took a break from dark souls for short bit. How can I rank up? I need to do that.

Side note: I'm looking for someone to practice parry times with on PS3. Just add me on PSN if you're interested. My PSN is in my sig. ( 2 underscores )
    Squashy_Avocado
    Squashy_Avocado
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Squashy_Avocado Sun May 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Also, I've recently had a thought that will help get people more involved in this covenant. I'm proposing, and plan on leading( forPS3), what I call "Subterfuge Sundays". Where our covenant members can meet to practice, and learn, various PvP mechanics. Ranging from simple things such as Counter BS to more complicated things like Roll BS, reverse rolls, and beyond. If I can get enough people interested, then I'll make a more in depth thread for it. But as for now, that's my synopsis. We can brush up on our mechanics while engaging in jolly co-operation!

What do you guys think?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 pm

I was wondering where you went Squashy. I think that can be done if there is a set time that everyone can agree to with our different timezones and lives. luzs I really want to hear how hosting in Gwyn's tomb is even possible? Unless you mean where the bonfire in the tomb is then I see what you mean.
    Squashy_Avocado
    Squashy_Avocado
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Squashy_Avocado Sun May 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:I think that can be done if there is a set time that everyone can agree to with our different timezones and lives.

I realize this. I'm just trying to see how many people would actually be interested in trying to make it work before I take the time to make an in-depth thread. So, if you're interested, just post that you're interested. we'll figure out the times when I make the official thread.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon May 06, 2013 4:09 am

I'm definitely game.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon May 06, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm sorry I've been so busy all Proper Bow.

I'm currently looking for a new job. I failed Spanish and had to quit because my parents wanted me to focus on school (they mean well) I'm also not allowed technology on the weekdays (my parents are asleep right now.) If you see me on PS3 it is because my mom is much more lenient and my dad's working but anywayyy.....

Our next event will take place in The Painted World of Ariamis The SL will be from 100-130 and it will start on Saturday. This is the first mass invasion of the Messengers!

How is the traffic in the PW? I just hope we aren't waiting a really long time.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon May 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Well then We will have to talk about things on the weekend then swordiris. A mass invasion sounds good but next time we should try something else. Do we have a starting date then? As for traffic when I try the painting gets very quiet with the occasional quester or the DW duelist.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon May 06, 2013 7:37 pm

I can help you with Spanish if you need it.

I'm almost done with my second year as of right now.

And I have yet to try anything PW related yet.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon May 06, 2013 8:10 pm

I've noticed the traffic slow down with the flickering glitch. I know there a few people who've moved to xbox or PC and even more to other games. I find the glitch annoying, but I was getting along ok, but I got frustrated by the lack of traffic. For the record; I've been on late at night recently, but the traffic is less than what it has been. And instead of slowing down a little it has nearly stopped. Most of my time has been spent in either Anor Londo or the Painted World, spamming the blue eye with the covenant ring on. Usually, I can find enough action with this to keep me pretty busy at any time of the day.

I don't want to sound all doom and gloom, however. I think it would be fine on a Saturday afternoon/evening. Luvz had actually expressed his desire to do something other than a mass invasion, though. I'm ok with mass invasions, but I also like the idea of coming up with a unique fun event that could include everyone and work as a promotional tool. Perhaps we could just do an informal mass invasion Saturday and try to all get together to plan a big event that we can schedule well in advance and have time to promote properly.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon May 06, 2013 8:28 pm

I say we use the chat for this issue.
    Squashy_Avocado
    Squashy_Avocado
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Squashy_Avocado Tue May 07, 2013 1:22 am

Ok, the thread about the training thing is up. It's here. I spent a ton of time on it, and i'm proud as hell. It looks great. Be sure to post, and I'll add you guys to the list of members. Also, let me know if you will be able to host.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue May 07, 2013 2:45 am

Once again, great work Squash! Looks great and I can't wait! Don't look at me like that :evil: -- I don't like that it rhymes either.

Also, as requested, I have affixed a link to the MoV thread for quick access for those of you who can not be bothered to simply bookmark it. Furthermore... the first post on every page of the MoV thread will from now on be a nonsensical rant by me for the sole purpose of putting the link on the most recent page of the thread.

Spoiler:
    Comrade Sparkle
    Comrade Sparkle

Post by Comrade Sparkle Tue May 07, 2013 3:49 am

I've been playing dark souls for quite a while now, and I've only just now bothered seeing if there's a community. I am impressed! :o

I've read up on a few of these player player run covenants and this one seems like the best fit for me! I like the blades of the darkmoon, I like justice, and I like the invasion game. I appreciate the lack of a stringent honor code (that being said I always try to be respectful, but there is a difference between Honor and Respect. Honor has no place for me in the invasion game.)

I am not that great at pvp (yet) as I've only recently started trying to learn it, but I have a strong background in fighting games--I am used to counting frames, and abstract ideas like animation cancels--so I think I should learn quickly. I would love to find some people to spar with.

I don't know what SL's you want, but I'm capable of rolling a new character (and actually already rolled one recently for a Darkmoon build) I also saw a thread about PvP mechanics, but it's on mother's day so I might be busy with family matters. So I guess this is "Hi."

XBL: Comrade Sparkle
    SL: Various between 20 and 95.

Also! SwordIris, BlazBlue is pretty much the best. And Rachel is also pretty much tops, so kudos on excellent taste :)
    Squashy_Avocado
    Squashy_Avocado
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Squashy_Avocado Tue May 07, 2013 8:56 am

Welcome to the forums sparkle..I'm pretty new here myself actually.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue May 07, 2013 11:54 am

Another xbox to add to the roster! This is good for me as I am the xbox leader and captain! We got a painted world event this weekend and I have been needing to see who will be there.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue May 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Soris, Renegade. You guys. So... i saw the Cult of Fluttershy thread and before yall ask: NO.

Im sorry but as much as I respect bronies a lot of people dont respect them in the same way and if the MoV's ally themselves with such a whimsical covenant it WILL reflect badly on us. I dont wanna seem like the bad guy here. I fully support you wanting to be members of some fun, interesting, less serious covenant but I think it should just stay an issue between the two of you and the covenant and not bring the MoV's into an alliance.

Im not speaking for the rest of the cov when i say this but i just want yall to know where i stand on the issue, to be fair to the both of you.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue May 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Fair enough.
    I shall wait for Soris' opinion on this.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue May 07, 2013 8:44 pm

I anticipated this reaction. I won't make a decision on this matter unless I read a majority opinion from some others first. However I don't see a major issue by allying at least to the non-brony side personally. But my opinion stays out. Perhaps if the cult was more developed and was a bit more diverse a alliance can be worked to some degree. If I was to make a decision now however I say we either wait to see how the cult manages itself or offer assistance in helping it off the ground as the saying goes. But I won't have it as an enemy to us.

However I am considered a brony from my time in off-topic so I may appear in the cult as an outsider ally. However that does not reflect anything I do here or anywhere else.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue May 07, 2013 8:46 pm

That seems to be a much better way to sum it up.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 07, 2013 9:22 pm

The Followers of Haruhi shall not ally themselves with such scum.

Either way, I don't really care what is done, if you want to ally with them, then I will not mind, if you don't, I still won't mind.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed May 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Out of concern to those on the PSN side about issues with the online mode I am going to place this link for those to read. Sever maintenance I'm using a school computer so this may not load right. If so then refer to the General Discussion section about the maintenance.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Wed May 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Not to be rude Soris but i dont really feel you should be trying to form alliances at all, not just the Cult of Fluttershy. Swordiris should be the one forging alliances and asking us for our opinions. I get that your the captain of the Xbox side but I would feel better about alliances if the actual covenant leader was the one establishing them. Again, I apologize if this seems rude but I feel as though you might be overstepping your jurisdiction as captain.
    Comrade Sparkle
    Comrade Sparkle

Post by Comrade Sparkle Wed May 08, 2013 7:15 pm

I am at a loss. What just happened? What's all this talk about alliances and Fluttershy? I'm sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to the forum.

Regardless, I probably won't be here much of this weekend. Friday and Saturday I'm traveling to my cousin's Graduation, and Sunday is Mother's day. I can probably squeeze in some game time late Saturday. I'll do some digging and try to find the post that talks about the event this weekend and see if I can make it.

Also, if you're on XBL add me! I'd like to have some people I can talk to about DS, maybe ask a question or something. XBL: Comrade Sparkle
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed May 08, 2013 7:33 pm

No big deal Comrade, hope you have a good time at your cousin's graduation. If spend some searching other threads you will be brought up to date on things and learn how the forum works.

A member of the brony-thread in the Off-topic section created a cult dedicated to Fluttershy here in the Covenant section and I offered an alliance between us and them just to help get them off the ground as the saying goes. I am a member of the brony-thread to an extent (meaning I have not gone deep into that fandom).

Aside from that it will be nice to see a new member here and online. This is one of the weekends I can get online long so perhaps we and some others can meet.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Yo, sup Sparkle.
    I'm on XBL, gamertag is in my sig. big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:27 am