Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
Hue
Rayko
JohnnyHarpoon
OmarTheFuzzy
ExplodingPenguin
Gyonimizotetsu
Tolvo
EverlastingRat
ublug
OrnsteinBro
Myztyrio
Slarg232
GrinTwist
User1
ADirtySlate
raecor14
GaryBlevins
Cronotis
Seignar
Paragon
Nugget
Animaaal
Forum Pirate
Serious_Much
Phoenix Rising
samster628
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WandererReece
swordiris
Nybbles
Acarnatia
BIG TIME MASTER
Dibsville
The Letter X
Rynn
39 posters

New rings I'd like to see, and rings i don't want to ever see again.

Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

New rings I'd like to see, and rings i don't want to ever see again. - Page 2 Empty Re: New rings I'd like to see, and rings i don't want to ever see again.

Post by Cronotis Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:05 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I want the wolf ring, havels ring, fap gone. All gone, cast into the fires of mordor
    Just throw the baby out with the bath water why don't ya. Perhaps these rings should be nerfed a bit (FaP is definitely OP), but throwing them out completely would be stupid.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

New rings I'd like to see, and rings i don't want to ever see again. - Page 2 Empty Re: New rings I'd like to see, and rings i don't want to ever see again.

Post by Acarnatia Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:29 am

I can see something that turns a kick into a knee strike that deals damage for muay thai/muay boran.
    GaryBlevins
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GaryBlevins Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:44 am

I would love to see a ring that, while not increasing the damage of a weapon, significantly increases how quickly the weapon degrades your opponants armor, similar to the Phallanx Spear (or whatever its proper name was) in Demons Souls. I just think that this would make for a new PvP tactic of using small, fast weapons that don't deal much damage normally.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:00 am

Cronotis wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:I want the wolf ring, havels ring, fap gone. All gone, cast into the fires of mordor
    Just throw the baby out with the bath water why don't ya. Perhaps these rings should be nerfed a bit (FaP is definitely OP), but throwing them out completely would be stupid.
    I disagree. You want the benefits of heavy armor, you should be wearing heavy armor (wolf) and rings that eliminate the need for high endurance to wear heavy armor are just as bad.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:07 am

simple fix to DWGR make it fast roll under 35%
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:22 am

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Cronotis wrote:
    I disagree. You want the benefits of heavy armor, you should be wearing heavy armor (wolf) and rings that eliminate the need for high endurance to wear heavy armor are just as bad.
    Havels Ring DOES serve a good purpose for really, really heavy characters though.
    Like this: http://mmdks.com/1nzf
    And yes, that's a real build I actually ran into in the burg once, and the guy wasn't a noob, he knew how to use it. Havels Ring is a major build enabler, and it doesn't cause any of the problems Fap ring, Wolf, or DWGR caused, as it's buffs if you're trying to fast roll are incredibly negligible.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 am

Its a build enabler all right. http://mmdks.com/1nzr (there is probably a better armor set)

Its a 10 unit fast roll difference at 40 end. It lets builds like that tank anything they're ever going to get hit by, while maintaining a fast roll. No serious trade off. I have a problem with that.

One could fairly argue "lack of versatility/range" as negatives, but with the heater shield instead of the crest a composite bow fits in, giving it the range, and a menu swap to an uchi (or estoc or great scythe ect.) can be done in less than half a second, giving it both versatility and range.

This is the kind of stuff that has to go (imo). No fast rolling with any more than 40 poise, unless end is 60+.

Havels allows it, so I want it gone. An alternative for fat rollers is a ring that switches current roll/walk, with fat roll/walk. Thus walking fortresses can remain unchanged.
    ADirtySlate
    ADirtySlate
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ADirtySlate Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:31 am

I personally think the Havel's ring should be kept, but nerfed a bit. (Perhaps somewhere between 20-30%)

The only ring I want them to get rid of is the Dark Wood Grain Ring (it can get ridiculous with some people, especially infinite stamina hackers).

I'd personally like to see a ring that acts like a permanent Vow of Silence, a Tiny Being's Ring that is actually useful (around 10% would be enough), and a ring that allows one extra casting of each spell (modified according to how much castings a single use takes).
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:47 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Its a build enabler all right. http://mmdks.com/1nzr (there is probably a better armor set)

Its a 10 unit fast roll difference at 40 end. It lets builds like that tank anything they're ever going to get hit by, while maintaining a fast roll. No serious trade off. I have a problem with that.

One could fairly argue "lack of versatility/range" as negatives, but with the heater shield instead of the crest a composite bow fits in, giving it the range, and a menu swap to an uchi (or estoc or great scythe ect.) can be done in less than half a second, giving it both versatility and range.

This is the kind of stuff that has to go (imo). No fast rolling with any more than 40 poise, unless end is 60+.

Havels allows it, so I want it gone. An alternative for fat rollers is a ring that switches current roll/walk, with fat roll/walk. Thus walking fortresses can remain unchanged.
    One could argue the spear is the real build enabler, and not the Havels Ring.
    Spears are the real problem there, in my honest opinion. As is the fact that poise breakpoints are so blatant. (31, 53, 77... instead of 31, 36, 44, 45, 49, 52, 54, 60, 69, etc, all weapons of the same class share a threshhold, which makes it easy to plan your poise value accordingly, which I consider a flaw in the game design.)
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:18 am

Perhaps Havel's Ring and the Wolf's Ring can scale based on what armor the wearer has equipped. For example, the Wolf's Ring adds only 10 poise if the wearer's armor gives less than 40 poise on it's own. If the armor gives 50 poise, it grants 15 instead; if the armor grants 60, it grants 20.
    A similar scaling factor can be applied to Havel's Ring. Have the amount it increases the wearer's equip load increase with amount of weight the wearer is equipped with and make it a little less (such as scaling at 1/2 the amount of extra weight) so that it often won't change the roll type the wearer is using.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:22 am

But the sks is heavy. That build can use just about every dex weapon whilst maintaining a fast roll. It could just as easily be an estoc and the hornets ring, a katana and the beiber ring, a colathary ring and the gold tracer, anything and wolf, ect.

It makes the middle builds like that way over powered (as far as pure melee goes) because they get most/all of the benifits of both light and heavy builds, without the drawbacks of either.

I'm a fan of str requirements on armor to help cut down on that. 26 ish would be the highest, for havels. Knights would be 13-14.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:19 pm

I hate all the debate about rings generally, because it's usually consisting of 'nerf this, nerf that' 'this ring shouldn't be in the game'.. It's all pointless anyways.

If we get rid of all the overpowered rings? what are we left with really? If we get rid of stuff like dwgr, havels ring, wolf ring etc.. Then next it'll be bellowing ring taking centre stage and mages being even more devastating with dark magic than they already are.

I'd much rather have a shed load of fun, really good rings than just be left with crap like tiny beings or stoneplate rings.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:24 pm

All rings should stay, I think. As has been said before, they are major build enablers. It would just be better if they were nerfed in the way Acarnatia described.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:28 pm

I think there are a few useless rings that can be gotten rid of. I'm looking at you "Tiny Being's Ring", but for the most part I don't think any of the other rings should be removed, they all serve a purpose to the game.

I would actually like to see a ring that could summon BP's into the game to make it harder. Combine that with the Calamity Ring and you would have one hell of a playthrough.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:30 pm

GrinTwist wrote:I think there are a few useless rings that can be gotten rid of. I'm looking at you "Tiny Being's Ring", but for the most part I don't think any of the other rings should be removed, they all serve a purpose to the game.

I would actually like to see a ring that could summon BP's into the game to make it harder. Combine that with the Calamity Ring and you would have one hell of a playthrough.
    Tiny Being's Ring has saved my life countless times.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:31 pm

With that minimal hp boost, you must be a total #mlg pro to do that.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:33 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:With that minimal hp boost, you must be a total #mlg pro to do that.
    It's the only ring that was usable at the time. You know that moment when you only have one ring to put on because all the others are useless at that point? I normally go with Havel's and [insert ring here], usually Tiny Being's or if I know I'll be taking tons of damage, Red Tearstone.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:35 pm

I go with Havel's and either FaP ring, or Wolf Ring. They are literally the only rings I use.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:38 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I go with Havel's and either FaP ring, or Wolf Ring. They are literally the only rings I use.
    Ring of FaP is a trap to me. I hadn't used it in months. Just recently I started using it again. God damn that extra 32 stamina is amazing.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:38 pm

I normally use Havel's ring so I can get some poise in and also Leo Ring if I'm using a spear. If not that Red tearstone.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:38 pm

That's why I love it. All the stamina..
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:44 pm

I've never seen the point in red tearstone. In PvP, I'd rather have a perma effect from a ring. In PvE, if my health gets that low I instantly heal. I feel it's kinda rubbish for me because of that.

Blue tearstone has saved me lots of times, but obviously only before I've gotten some good rings. Once I get fap ring and others like bellowing, wolf, havels it's taken off and forgotten about.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:07 pm

Tearstone rings would be better if they gave you more damage/armor if they worked with percentages off of how much health you had; small buffs at full health, decent buffs at half health, HUGE bonus at low health.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:38 pm

Get rid of RoFaP, Havel's, DWGR, anything that will make it so that you need certain rings or you're at a disadvantage. So we get more variation.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:28 pm

Wouldn't it reduce variation? Everyone would have to wear very light armour to fast roll, and stamina would be lowered, etc. Havel's and RoFaP and Havel's are literally the reasons some builds exist.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:53 pm