Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+116
Lich180
Solid_WolF
Ahhotep1
CephGabriel
AnCapaillMor
Qyntius
OmniBot
Phenetylaminos
OR2008
LintyJones
Bassman Bob
Japolone
hey its andres
LOLRagezzz
TheDeviantKnight
SarahCassandra
SageOfToads123
GravityBlast
reim0027
OminousSquaffle
Lorrac ESP
Jovias-86
phastings
Ariamis
nadnal
MistahrFox
HuexMARI
Eko
Lord of Ash
Lmaousine
Wilkinson3424
Bluebonichronic
jtd234
cultcon
slashemVC
Yesuurd
crackmuppet
sinisterapathy
Prime618
KnightOfAstora
Acarnatia
divinebeanpole
tristan7
Tolvo
Avenger649
Kiva the wanderer
Maltenge
twilightwarwolf
billy_bayonet
ChillerHR
Sentiel
VaDoom
Walter_White
densetsushun
sure-magicians
robsthedon
Murkulanvippi
Zodiaxel
Squashy_Avocado
inksoldier
MegaShadow7878
masbaconstrips
B-Star Raw
the-battybusters
megaoptamas759
Juutas
Carphil
Myztyrio
Wolfkeys
ShadowStalker
Dieselzilla
Jwebby6
BrandBrandBrand
Stonedtrooper
OmegaX105
Fry1156
Saturday-Saint
tinypantha
RANT
O1va_
The Once-Ler
Drumock
IzalithFM
kazumoshi
Halicarnassis
madmath
The Letter X
crbngville2
EeAyEss
xRamenatorx
Uparkaam
LK-8912
shadowzninjaz
User1
quench
Paragon
trzzy
Jansports
FinPeku
DemonOfFate
Forum Pirate
Demon Slayer
mofomey
grossemesser
Ghadis_God
Sneezer
Maneater_Mildred
WaLKA
Baal-Avatar
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
mugenis4real
Phoenix Rising
miclo514
CrackSouls
Emergence
XachAttack
120 posters

The Official Wiki Fight Club

Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Official Wiki Fight Club - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Wiki Fight Club

Post by Walter_White Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:27 am

Hi,

for me everywhere is OK as long as we keep it running!

Only dropping your rss or wait there for rss to summon doesn't work, i've tried it several times.

So - the ps3 chat is the hub for me. I log in say hi and ask where and on what SL we are fighting and if there are special rules for tonight (like cosplay some days ago). That works very good.

So not the designated spot is the way to get duels, but the ps3 chat is doing that!

I can't host everywhere (only have one SL100) atm, but we got enough smurfs online nearly every evening (GMT) to get a host everywhere.

Invader:
    They are funny breaks in a fight, i like them. Always fun when they arrive and check whats going on. Some stand at the side waiting for the duel to end and then step into the ring. Some need to be hunt down (damned went there to kill host and got ganked by two reds...) and some are so suprised from the situation, that they are dead in seconds.....always fun.
    BUT the screeming "Invader slot free" in the chat from the host is something we need to discuss. When i am also able to host in that area and i'm alive to set my rss, because we got enough hosts, then my rss has a good chance to dispear, or get invaded by the dueller, which i wanted to fight in the world of the host and not in my world.

I prefer to fight random invader every now and then. Better than rss disapear or get invaded by someone who also wants to fight in the world of the host.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:24 am

Duke's forest is the best spot imo, check out fin's stream, its rare that you get vaded there.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:42 am

Who will be on for Xbox tonight?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:56 am

Hey, will someone invite my Enaid_Waleis account to this?
    I'm going to see how my pyromancy Black Knight fairs in this.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Artorias arena is hands down the best PVP spot in dark souls.

tristan7
    tristan7

Post by tristan7 Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:43 pm

hey i was on last night and i wanted to join the fight club but never got summoned. so i just went to the forest. my favorite thing to do when i accidentally invade a fight club is to pretend like i will wait to join and then kill the host. heehee
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:45 pm

bameegatrops wrote:Artorias arena is hands down the best PVP spot in dark souls.

Agreed. I vote for the move. I haven't been hosting much because I'm rarely in the depths. However I am in the township a LOT. I think it would be more convenient for a lot of people...
    inksoldier
    inksoldier
    Regular
    Regular

Post by inksoldier Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:33 pm

How's the invasion rate for Arty's arena? That dueling arena seems perfect and I'd like to host there but I do get annoyed by constant invasions
    BrandBrandBrand
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BrandBrandBrand Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Arty's arena has an odd property: you can go in there as a phantom, but you can't drop a sign in there. It MIGHT be the case that you cannot be invaded when you're in there. I've never made a proper test of this, but I know I've left my character in there, stepped away for awhile, and come back to them still alive.
    inksoldier
    inksoldier
    Regular
    Regular

Post by inksoldier Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Okay I will clear the dlc areas and try it out so I can have a toon to host in there, I'm always down for new dueling grounds big grin
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:13 pm

It has to do with Artorias aaand Kalameet at this location. If both have been defeated, no more signs will appear in the royal wood outside artorias's fog gate. You may still lay signs and be summoned.

Invasion rates seem to vary , I don't get invaded all that often here, but many of the people I've tried to summon get invaded constantly...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Acarnatia wrote:Hey, will someone invite my Enaid_Waleis account to this?
    I'm going to see how my pyromancy Black Knight fairs in this.
    Send a friend request to reim0027_3 and I'll add you to the chat.

As for hosting Arty's arena, you need to kill Arty (obviously) and activate Kalameet.

The only downside, IMO, is it requires DLC to participate and I don't want to alienate people. But, if the vast majority of people have the DLC, then this is the best place to go, IMO.
    BrandBrandBrand
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BrandBrandBrand Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:25 am

bameegatrops wrote:It has to do with Artorias aaand Kalameet at this location. If both have been defeated, no more signs will appear in the royal wood outside artorias's fog gate. You may still lay signs and be summoned.

Invasion rates seem to vary , I don't get invaded all that often here, but many of the people I've tried to summon get invaded constantly...

Bame - not sure if this was directed at me, but even if you have activated Kalameet but haven't killed her, you can go in to Arty's arena as a white/yellow/red phantom (that is, in the host's world), but you can never drop a sign in there. And if you place a sign outside of the arena, at the steps for example, going back into the arena will cancel your sign. I can't think of any other place like this in the game. Everywhere else, if the "Your summon sign has disappeared" dialogue comes up, it means you've passed through what will be a fog gate in the host's world (think of the entrance to the bonfire in the burg).

Ink and I had a few duels there; he was invaded once or twice, but I don't think it ever happened when he was actually in the arena. My sign sat outside for a good five or ten minutes, and I was only "ganked" once (it was just a single person who started attacking immediately). Anyway, I think it seems like a great pvp spot.

Sorry for the longish post, but one last thing. Besides it being DLC, which as Reim says, could alienate some, I can think of one potential problem: there is an invasion fog gate between the bonfire in Oolacile and the rs drop point. The following scenario doesn't seem too improbable: you die, wake up at the bonfire, maybe sit for a second and think about changing gear, and get invaded. Now you have to kill that invader before you can make it to your bloodstain. There's an easy general solution to this: run back to your bloodstain immediately (or kill Manus, but who wants to do that?). But if you forget this and lose a ton of humanity as a result, that would suck.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 am

^^ not directed at anyone in particular, and yes I fight people in the arena a lot, they just must be summoned outside, then you walk in lol
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:52 am

...If Kalameet is "activated" you have to drop sign in front of Arty arena and when summoned by host who killed Arty and activated Kalameet (Gough shooted the truest shoot) both you and host can enter arena...and of course all other that trasspass...

Sorry if this wasn't the question but I red only a few sentences of that long post and assumed what might be in question...
    inksoldier
    inksoldier
    Regular
    Regular

Post by inksoldier Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Brand, to address the other potential problem you mentioned, as soon as you see the fog gate to indicate you are getting invaded, quit your game immediately to cancel that invasion, that's what I usually do in the burg if I don't want to get invaded. Since it takes a little bit of time between the fog gate showing up and the invader showing up, you can run to the fog gate, quit and reload your game and run into the arena and get your souls
    BrandBrandBrand
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BrandBrandBrand Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Ink - definitely. You also have plenty of time to just get out of there. More something to keep in mind if you're the sort to fiddle around at the bonfire for a bit (I am that sort happy )

And I realize that after that selection from my dissertation, I never really made my point: hosts might be able to avoid rando vaders, to a degree, if they want.

Now, in defense of my ramble...nevermind, that was probably too rambly. :oops:
    inksoldier
    inksoldier
    Regular
    Regular

Post by inksoldier Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:22 am

Thanks to Brand, Redthorn, Sneezer and Kazumoshi for duels today. Arty's arena is indeed a glorious place to duel at. Out of the 3 or 4 hours of dueling we probably only had like 4 invasions
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Wed May 01, 2013 5:40 pm

I miss my very good best friend suri...he's on vacation, I don't miss dueling him that much, I just miss him being online, around...

happy
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed May 01, 2013 11:42 pm

http://www.twitch.tv/finpeku Cosplay FC starting. SL 100-125.
    KnightOfAstora

Post by KnightOfAstora Thu May 02, 2013 12:15 am

XBL: JustinAkatsuki
    I'll join but unfortunately my friends list is full and i can't really make room to add anyone ( Most of my friends are from my main forum 8way.com) I prefer for someone to message me on Live.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu May 02, 2013 12:51 am

Added.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu May 02, 2013 5:49 am

Guys, would anyone be interested in Doing a SL200 cosplay division, you dont sacrifice much when using SL200 for cosplay builds and you can do several different ones using only one build
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Thu May 02, 2013 4:56 pm

I personally am not crazy about cosplaying, I'd much rather use my own, more diverse builds.

But... if I had mega mule, I probably would.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu May 02, 2013 11:03 pm

I might be interested. I can make a fast rolling Shiva build.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:01 am