Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

In regard to Bonfires

mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

In regard to Bonfires Empty In regard to Bonfires

Post by mr_no_face Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:50 am

The new animation was cool don't you think lol a little dramatic but its whatever. But did you notice how he lit it and didn't rest but when he died he returned to it. In Dark 1 you light a bonfire and don't rest , you will be disappointed to find out when you die that you are half way across the world at the last bonfire you actually rested at. So, is this going to mean you don't HAVE to rest or was it just the demo? and I want to be able to light a damn bonfire when i have phantoms with me AT LEAST LIGHT IT i mean if resting is what resets the enemies and health and a checkpoint, with this change you could be able to set a check point without the perks of healing when you have phantoms around so u don't get an instant heal do to the resting and ultimately prevent a big game of Guarding the bonfire. So to sum it up I want Lighting the bonfire set a check point minus the healing and enemy reset so that it may be used when with phantoms so you don't have to send your friends home when you get to a new check point
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

In regard to Bonfires Empty Re: In regard to Bonfires

Post by Hue Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 am

mr_no_face wrote:The new animation was cool don't you think lol a little dramatic but its whatever. But did you notice how he lit it and didn't rest but when he died he returned to it. In Dark 1 you light a bonfire and don't rest , you will be disappointed to find out when you die that you are half way across the world at the last bonfire you actually rested at. So, is this going to mean you don't HAVE to rest or was it just the demo? and I want to be able to light a damn bonfire when i have phantoms with me AT LEAST LIGHT IT i mean if resting is what resets the enemies and health and a checkpoint, with this change you could be able to set a check point without the perks of healing when you have phantoms around so u don't get an instant heal do to the resting and ultimately prevent a big game of Guarding the bonfire. So to sum it up I want Lighting the bonfire set a check point minus the healing and enemy reset so that it may be used when with phantoms so you don't have to send your friends home when you get to a new check point

Having a new chackpoint justifies the respawn of all the enemies, besides, why would it matter? since you're most likely gonna go forward anyways.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:43 am

I think they'll keep the bonfire mechanics the same or similar to dark 1, to be honest i feel it was just the demo, as the game is unfinished they were just showing us the odd couple of bits.
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:04 am

actually, i never SAW the undead "respawn", so I'm hoping they are just cutting shhht out for demo purposes, but yeah i noticed this when i first saw the vid yesterday and kinda worried me but i'll try to reserve judgement til more vids or i'm actually playing the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:16 am