Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
AnCapaillMor
densetsushun
Automancer
"thekid"
Sneezer
T-King-667
IzalithFM
The_Red_Drifter
Nybbles
Soris Ice Goldwing
Ashran
Dibsville
Saturday-Saint
Myztyrio
Forum Pirate
Fry1156
LunarFog
User1
morte
23 posters

Good weapon for a quality build?

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Good weapon for a quality build? - Page 3 Empty Re: Good weapon for a quality build?

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:31 am

Lol. because you're landing 100 blows in a pvp match. Right. I'd be amazed if most matchs break 20 per person, including I frame hits.

Even if its just 50 more damage, landing those 100 blows is an extra 5000 hp damage, enough to kill even the burlyest build twice over, just in the damage difference between server an the mura, never mind the extra reach.
    Aesahaettr
    Aesahaettr

Good weapon for a quality build? - Page 3 Empty Re: Good weapon for a quality build?

Post by Aesahaettr Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:03 am

Don't forget the Black Knight Halberd isn't that much weaker than the other halberds so it's an awesome weapon throughout leveling and isn't something you'll have to replace later. Twinkling is so damn easy to get too. And personally I just love its moveset. Those jumping attacks <3
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:10 pm

I like the black night halberd but it's so heavy compared to the others listed.

I got a 28/40 quality build I've been using the most lately, the versatility is nice.

Been practicing with the mura (among others) and have been enjoying it on the most part. I has the feel of a very tactical weapon (dead angles, baiting attacks, etc). My biggest beef is it's so heavy. Those 2 extra units compared to a zwei (or 6 for claymore) seem excessive and hamper my equipment options.

I also struggle with the mura when faced with someone that's just looking to trade blows... I'm by no means an expert pvper so there's a good chance I'm doing something wrong (advice always appreciated). Off handing a spear or getting something fast as a backup helps but you're stacking on the wight at that point. I find the claymore or zwei have a better move set to deal with those situations.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:15 pm

DigitaLinsanitY wrote:I like the black night halberd but it's so heavy compared to the others listed.

I got a 28/40 quality build I've been using the most lately, the versatility is nice.

Been practicing with the mura (among others) and have been enjoying it on the most part. I has the feel of a very tactical weapon (dead angles, baiting attacks, etc). My biggest beef is it's so heavy. Those 2 extra units compared to a zwei (or 6 for claymore) seem excessive and hamper my equipment options.

I also struggle with the mura when faced with someone that's just looking to trade blows... I'm by no means an expert pvper so there's a good chance I'm doing something wrong (advice always appreciated). Off handing a spear or getting something fast as a backup helps but you're stacking on the wight at that point. I find the claymore or zwei have a better move set to deal with those situations.
    When you're fighting someone that wants to trade, a big weapon like that could be handy, depending on your opponents weapon as well. At 28 points you can grab a Great Club, at that base requirement, two handing it boosts AR to 600+ and when used properly, can decimate an opponent trading.

The best weapon though is the one you're most familiar with. Grab the weapon you feel the most comfortable with, figure out the ins and outs to using that weapon and make up tactics that work for you.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Best Quality weapon is the Great Lord Greatsword (glgs), halberd or a mura if u got enough weight left for it. glgs for that 2h stunlock, hally with gmw n leo ring on a q build just does insane damage if u get the counter hits and the mura well every1 knows its just strong
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Would a 31/40 work? It would cost a little in vitality and stamina, but it owuld let me 2h literally any melee weapon, including the ultra greatswords and ultra greataxes.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 pm

morte wrote:Would a 31/40 work? It would cost a little in vitality and stamina, but it owuld let me 2h literally any melee weapon, including the ultra greatswords and ultra greataxes.

U could go with a pure quality build with 40 str n 40 dex that max damage op needs nerf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:53 pm