Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
DE5PA1R
reim0027
DemonOfFate
Animaaal
Slarg232
Dibsville
Nybbles
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Tolvo
T-King-667
Werdax
hey its andres
16 posters

Off to Balder

DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Off to Balder - Page 6 Empty Re: Off to Balder

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:38 am

Animaaal wrote:
    @DESPAIR

So true! I did too lol. I thought I'd be comparing DkSVII to FFVII.

Oh gawd my pants. They're ruined.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:47 am

Guys, come on, we need more speculation. Here, let me motivate you all with a picture.
    Off to Balder - Page 6 Cyrax-friendship
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:16 am

More speculation? I speculate DkS2 is set in Astora.

1. Excluding Wanderer set and Gwyn's set, Astoran armor (specifically Solaire's) is the only armor with fur on it. The wanderer coat would naturally be furry, as it's a coat and wanderers need to keep warm when they're traveling. Gwyn I'm not so sure about.

2. We see the Elite Knight armor, from Astora, in a Dark Souls 2 screenshot. The other armors we see are the generic Knight armor, the Wanderer set, and the new set. All of these could be found anywhere except the EK armor. The EK armor only belongs in either Astora or Lordran.

3. The WIP art shows a man who vaguely resembles Gwyn dressed in teal and carrying a staff, mace or catalyst. These items are symbols of power and teal is a royal color, the color that Gwyn wears. Astora is the seat of human nobility, so any royals we see are likely from Astora or Lordran.

4. The green shield in the gameplay vid closely resembles the Crest Shield and Dragon Crest Shield, both of which are Astoran.

5. A villain or the villain of Dark Souls 2 has performed or is performing experiments. This implies science. The binoculars from Astora are some of the most advanced scientific instruments we find.

6. We know that Lordran is north of Astora, and the location of Dark Souls 2 is said to be on the opposite end of the world. During the interview when this was said, the developer pointed to Lordran as if it were the north pole, and pointed to the mystery location as if it were the south pole.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:31 am

DE5PA1R wrote:More speculation? I speculate DkS2 is set in Astora.

1. Excluding Wanderer set and Gwyn's set, Astoran armor (specifically Solaire's) is the only armor with fur on it. The wanderer coat would naturally be furry, as it's a coat and wanderers need to keep warm when they're traveling. Gwyn I'm not so sure about.

Nice observations there mate, and considering that it appears to be taking place in a somewhat snowy place, then its very much possible.

DE5PA1R wrote: 2. We see the Elite Knight armor, from Astora, in a Dark Souls 2 screenshot. The other armors we see are the generic Knight armor, the Wanderer set, and the new set. All of these could be found anywhere except the EK armor. The EK armor only belongs in either Astora or Lordran.

Huh, i haven't seen that screenshot. Mind shooting me a link?

DE5PA1R wrote: 3. The WIP art shows a man who vaguely resembles Gwyn dressed in teal and carrying a staff, mace or catalyst. These items are symbols of power and teal is a royal color, the color that Gwyn wears. Astora is the seat of human nobility, so any royals we see are likely from Astora or Lordran.

I also haven't seen this, link me to it. But i agree that these are colors of royalty, and indeed item descriptions do apply that Astora is house of HUMAN royalty, Lordran is land of the gods, higher than royalty.

DE5PA1R wrote:4. The green shield in the gameplay vid closely resembles the Crest Shield and Dragon Crest Shield, both of which are Astoran.
    Now this one i have seen, and i agree with you on that.

DE5PA1R wrote: 5. A villain or the villain of Dark Souls 2 has performed or is performing experiments. This implies science. The binoculars from Astora are some of the most advanced scientific instruments we find.
    Uh, this one i kinda disagree. I see experiments on dragons more of a sorcerer thing, therefore Vinhiem. (I still don't think it's gonna be in Vinheim)

DE5PA1R wrote: 6. We know that Lordran is north of Astora, and the location of Dark Souls 2 is said to be on the opposite end of the world. During the interview when this was said, the developer pointed to Lordran as if it were the north pole, and pointed to the mystery location as if it were the south pole.

I haven't read the interview, mind linking me?
    Also, the Painted world of Aramis, Aramis sounds vaguely like a more Astora themed name, so i'm thinking that the Painted world was themed by whatever that dragon castle was. Why don't we talk about why we don't think its going to be in certain places. I'll start why i don't believe it will be in say, Catarina.

Not much is mentioned about Catarina, other than that their knights are proud and hate when people mock their armor. As such i find it very much unlikely that Dark Souls 2 will take place there. In fact, how much do we know about Catarina? I can't recall much info on it.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:34 am

Wasn't Astora supposed to have been destroyed by the Evil Eye, or something?
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:35 am

Slarg232 wrote:Wasn't Astora supposed to have been destroyed by the Evil Eye, or something?
    No, no. It was just attacked by the beast, but they managed to beat it. Or that's how i believe it goes
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:36 am

It was assaulted by a Dark Beast, whose spirit was trapped in the Ring of the Evil Eye.

Which IMO is perfect prequel fodder.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:38 am

DemonOfFate wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:Wasn't Astora supposed to have been destroyed by the Evil Eye, or something?
    No, no. It was just attacked by the beast, but they managed to beat it. Or that's how i believe it goes
    Eh, fair enough. Either way, that is something I would love to fight; an Astoran execution pit, where they constantly throw in hollows where the Evil Eye will go to feast on them to regain life, meaning you have to either kill the Executioners before challenging the boss or just be able to deal that much damage to it.

Also, where did the Gods flee to, was it ever specified? That would be a huge clue.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:38 am

DE5PA1R wrote:It was assaulted by a Dark Beast, whose spirit was trapped in the Ring of the Evil Eye.

Which IMO is perfect prequel fodder.

Damn, your right. Perhaps we will fill the roll of some poor fool who believes if he defeats the dark beast, he can use its power to cure himself. Or something like that. And of course, have two endings. Both in which your guy gets ****ed over. I wouldn't want it any other way.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:41 am

EK armor in DkS2:

https://2img.net/image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/15/1365617938-dark-souls-ii-playstation-3-ps3-9.jpg

WIP pics I mentioned:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.433307093409007.99155.119869331419453&type=1

Afraid I just won't be able to find the interview now. I'll try to look around later.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:43 am

DE5PA1R wrote:EK armor in DkS2:

https://2img.net/image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/15/1365617938-dark-souls-ii-playstation-3-ps3-9.jpg

WIP pics I mentioned:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.433307093409007.99155.119869331419453&type=1

Afraid I just won't be able to find the interview now. I'll try to look around later.

Thanks mate, and looking at that first pic, i saw it before but didn't notice the EK armor lol! But that second one i hadn't seen till now.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:46 am

DemonOfFate wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:EK armor in DkS2:

WIP pics I mentioned:

Thanks mate, and looking at that first pic, i saw it before but didn't notice the EK armor lol! But that second one i hadn't seen till now.

Maybe check out my channel?

\/
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:56 am

Nice Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Analysis video you got there, got a sub from me mate. And why the hell not, i'll throw in another gif.
    Off to Balder - Page 6 Scorpion's_Friendship
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:24 am

DemonOfFate wrote: Nice Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Analysis video you got there, got a sub from me mate. And why the hell not, i'll throw in another gif.
    Off to Balder - Page 6 Scorpion's_Friendship

Thanks! Don't forget WIP Pic Evaluation, it's most relevant to what you missed out on.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Slarg232 wrote:

Also, where did the Gods flee to, was it ever specified?

Yep, Carim. Where i think the next game will be set. Add in the clue to the mad experement guy (corrisponding to the creator of the tearstone rings) and i think Carim has possibly the best case for the next games settings.

It pains me it really does how in the golden age of dark souls we at the archives uncovered all sorts of truths and now they have all been forgotten ore are not beleved anymore. Some notes on the reast of this thread
    I can see why Dispair was a little annoyed at the lack of evidence for the setting in Balder but what evidence there was wasnt invalid so no need for the arguments.
    Yes Logan is a rival pimp on the wrong turf
    The reason the vinheim sorcerer school has dragon rings etc is that it is seath who first developed sorcery. he is even described in game as the grandfather of the craft.
    And the enimies in the swamp are barbarians (essentially the opposite of civilised people) and Euingi is technically in the deamon ruins. Also they dont have a fire keeper... she is dead!
    Lord of the flies... EPIC BOOK

thats all of it. I can't be bothered looking for evidence right now so just decide weather or not to beleve what i say apart for the LotF comment. that is fact.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:30 pm

samster628 wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:

Also, where did the Gods flee to, was it ever specified?

Yep, Carim. Where i think the next game will be set. Add in the clue to the mad experement guy (corrisponding to the creator of the tearstone rings) and i think Carim has possibly the best case for the next games settings.

Some fled to Carim, but the rest are unconfirmed.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:02 am

Are you guys still carrying this on?
    Mireneye

Post by Mireneye Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:35 pm

I also think large parts of it may be in Carim.

As for Balder, I personally believe Balder to have been what large parts of the undead burg/lordran was called before the "lords" settled in and changed the name to "Lordran" I couldn't find much against this hypothesis so please fill me in!
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Doesn't match up with the timeline. Balder was destroyed after an outbreak of Undead, but Undead only exist after the Fire fades.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:14 pm

It is beleved that the fire has died out at least twice creating undead. Possible the burg is balder. Remember lost Oolicile appears within lordran too. another place lost in the 1st outbreak of the undead. Also i beleve that dispair is correct when he says not all gods went to Carim. Just to clarify i think that most of Gwyns panthegon went when lordran was lost to the the dark but we know of at least one god who split off from the main party and it is likley others have too and as for people like Velka who may or may not be classed as a god...
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:04 pm

samster628 wrote:It is beleved that the fire has died out at least twice creating undead. Possible the burg is balder.

If the Undead curse is lifted after the Flame is kindled, then it's highly unlikely that Undead from when the Flame was kindled the first time (~1k years ago) would still be around.

Remember lost Oolicile appears within lordran too. another place lost in the 1st outbreak of the undead.

Oolacile fell to the Abyss after upturning the grave of Manus. The residents' humanity went wild.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:20 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:
    samster628 wrote:It is beleved that the fire has died out at least twice creating undead. Possible the burg is balder.

If the Undead curse is lifted after the Flame is kindled, then it's highly unlikely that Undead from when the Flame was kindled the first time (~1k years ago) would still be around.
    That is true but even more conclusivly the wood within the burg would have rotted a lot more. But if balder was on the site and since the first wave of undead has been restored or rebuilt then it is still possible. Yes it is unlikely to be balder but not impossible.
    DE5PA1R wrote:
    Remember lost Oolicile appears within lordran too. another place lost in the 1st outbreak of the undead.

Oolacile fell to the Abyss after upturning the grave of Manus. The residents' humanity went wild.

That sort of come out wrong. I don't mean that it was lost because of the undead outbreak i mean that it dates back to that time and is a land now encased within the modern lorderan.
    Mireneye

Post by Mireneye Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Like most things in Dark Souls I would like for people to state their references because a lot of it may be bound to be lies.

The undead outbreak may very well be a construct after all and by that I mean that the fading God Gwyn needed a prophecy (see Oscar's story), so he and perhaps a certain Serpent and maybe vene other big players may have created the illusion of an outbreak.

It almost seems like undead are actually a race of it's own at some points in the lore.

Lots of speculation but yes, you are right.

It doesn't quite fit the timeline but one canon thing we know is that in Lordran.. time is distorted silly even if I don't think they would distort such a fact in that manner.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Mireneye wrote:...Like most things in Dark Souls I would like for people to state their references because a lot of it may be bound to be lies...

Man lol, that makes me think FROM is gonna be all like, "ITS LORDRAN MOFOS!!!.............pendant 8) "

No seriously I can't keep up with guys. Some of you have a great understanding of Dark SOuls lore and I learn something every time I read threads like this.

Thanks ya'll.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:59 pm

samster628 wrote:That is true but even more conclusivly the wood within the burg would have rotted a lot more. But if balder was on the site and since the first wave of undead has been restored or rebuilt then it is still possible. Yes it is unlikely to be balder but not impossible.

OOOOHHH. Now I see. The idea is that the area that was once called Balder is now called the Burg. Makes a bit more sense now. Plausible.

That sort of come out wrong. I don't mean that it was lost because of the undead outbreak i mean that it dates back to that time and is a land now encased within the modern lorderan.

Understood.

@Mireneye
    Let me know what you're unclear on and I'll be glad to give sources. It's kinda difficult to do that in a normal convo. The Undead outbreak is spoken about the Crestfallen Merchant, a random Knight of Berenike, who isn't exactly a key player. It's also mentioned in unrelated descriptions. If we can't trust the nature of the Undead curse, we can't really trust anything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 pm