Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
samster628
phastings
WaffleGuy
Forum Pirate
TheMeInTeam
Soris Ice Goldwing
Encore
Onion Knight
FruitPunchNinja
Animaaal
Seignar
skarekrow13
Sargerus
Reaperfan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
tofucactaur
Dibsville
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Halicarnassis
Sentiel
Saturday-Saint
25 posters

gg FROMSoft

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

gg FROMSoft - Page 6 Empty Re: gg FROMSoft

Post by Reaperfan Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Sentiel wrote:I agree. I was merely pointing out that rolling around, not mention flipping with this heavy gear on you is ridiculous. Even if our characters are chosen undead. They're not Matrix chosen. big grin

Well, the entire point of the soul-absorbing mechanic kind of makes your character superhuman.  There are several weapons throughout the Souls series (Bramt, Grant, Smough's Hammer, etc.) that are stated that they can't be wielded at all without superhuman strength.

This idea was the entire draw of the "evil" path in Demon's Souls.  They said people journeyed there to either save the land or gain power beyond imagination.  The way I see it, the stats you have when you first start the game are the stats your character developed over their normal lifetime of training, and are the limits of what normal humans are capable of in the Souls worlds (outside of geniuses like Logan or Urbain).  Anything beyond that is literally absorbing demonic energy to magically augment oneself.  Heck, in Demon's Souls they even say the more you absorb, the less human and more like a Demon you become, with some characters implying that if you absorb too much you completely transform into a full-on demon.

So, yes, you're right.  You shouldn't be able to flip around in chain or platemail, let alone Havel's or Stone Armor.  But after absorbing the empowering mystical essence of the Undead hordes and their demonic overlords?  Seems entirely justified to me.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:17 pm