Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
samster628
phastings
WaffleGuy
Forum Pirate
TheMeInTeam
Soris Ice Goldwing
Encore
Onion Knight
FruitPunchNinja
Animaaal
Seignar
skarekrow13
Sargerus
Reaperfan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
tofucactaur
Dibsville
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Halicarnassis
Sentiel
Saturday-Saint
25 posters

gg FROMSoft

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

gg FROMSoft - Page 3 Empty Re: gg FROMSoft

Post by Animaaal Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Onion Knight wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:You are the worst complainer I've EVER seen.  Its like saying how much you hate beef while chewing jerky all day.  Its old man, really old...so....so............old.

Game fan forums are usually where excitement for said game goes to die. No matter what genre or series. Just avoid threads like this, it'll save you needlessly wasting time.

Thanks for the advice, but this has been going on for a few years now. 

Also, I disagree to an extent.  The souls community is different...a lot different.

I understand your point, but as a Demon's Souls vet myself, I've been arguing with the broken faction since the release of Dark Souls, and I wont stop....ever.

Imo, if you have huge problems with a game find a different game ya know?!?!

A lot of the "carry-overs" from Demon's said, "I wont play this game for more than a month!"...

...yet, here they are.Shrug

Last edited by Animaaal on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:13 pm

Sorry if I'm late for the poise-topic, but there is one reason why I think there should be poise.
    Why should a knight in heavy armor get stunned by a punch as if he were a naked man? Or should a guy wearing robes shrug off a giant axe to the body like a armored character?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Onion Knight wrote:
    Game fan forums are usually where excitement for said game goes to die. 

I understand your point, but as a Demon's Souls vet myself, I've been arguing with the broken faction since the release of Dark Souls, and I wont stop....ever.

Imo, if you have huge problems with a game find a different game ya know?!?!

A lot of the "carry-overs" from Demon's said, "I wont play this game for more than a month!"...

...yet, here they are.Shrug

Hence my first point. All the arguments will just ware down the excitement you and others have for the game.

To quote a good friend and fellow Final Fantasy enthusiast :  'I'm actually looking forward to NOT knowing every detail with *Insert Game Here*.  Nothing kills my buzz for a game I'm in love with like engaging the people on its fansites that HATE IT.'

'Anyway, fansites are good.  Fan forums... are the bane of the buzz of enjoying a game, more often than not.' 

Just some friendly advice to keeping things chilled on your end. Ignoring negativity on the internet is a blessing in disguise
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Onion Knight wrote:
    ................Just some friendly advice to keeping things chilled on your end...............

Again, I appreciate it, but I am just trying to find a polite way to say, I don't need your advice.

Thanks anyway.

Best wishes.

Good advice though applause
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:The weapons look slower, but the dodge looks almost the same speed. Can't say I like that, if its true anyways. 

The crit animation is stupid.

The magic looks good though, I want a lightsaber.
    Fair enough, but have you noticed the Stamina drain on roll?
    One roll drained 1/4-1/3 of the player's Stamina bar. We don't know how much Stamina those builds have, but given by the drain on attacks, the drain on rolls must have been tripled, if not more.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:06 pm

we've seen some fancy gameplay footage, they didn't let anyone access menus during the demo's so we have almost no clue about the mechanics or stats, for all we know poise could be tied to weapons rather than armor, or the beak points could have been made much harder to acheive (161 poise to barely withstand a twohanded great club etc). simply we know NOTHING, its all pictures and speculation, wait till it comes out and evaluate it then when the game has a fair chance of defending itself.

also personlly i prefer the new crit animation, as it means no stupid things like shoving a crecent up someones butt (shotel) also we've only seen crits for a few weapons, you guys may like other ones revealed later.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Im pretty sure at 4:52, after his roll, he is in a dual-wield block stance; it shows him stagger right after the horseman spin-kick connects. Hp/stamina drains due to what would appropriately be a low hit% reduction for a polearm block.

As far as the moment right before that; it looks like the same kick move that simply just didnt connect; no stamina/hp drained and doesn't look like hes close enough. 

If they plan to use poise, fine. but hopefully they will do the right thing and not add any exploitable accessories to raise it and negate light/medium movement consequences.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:25 pm

I do not know where from comes this, "He blocked it," thing. He gets hit 3 times and blocks one attack. The other two he is very clearly hit without staggering. IMO watch videos more carefully.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:57 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:I do not know where from comes this, "He blocked it," thing.  He gets hit 3 times and blocks one attack.  The other two he is very clearly hit without staggering.  IMO watch videos more carefully.

okay i re-watched and you're right, he is hit 3 times. 

However, hit #1 is the first in the series of blows, which lands and doesn't stagger the player. hit #2 is while his halberd is in block and his stamina is depleted, which then staggers him. Then the player rolls again, at which point the third blow lands but in the middle of the roll animation. 

No invisibility frames appear to exist in this souls game so he is gonna take damage, but an attack during a roll would not cancel the animation. (unless maybe with an ultra-great club slamming the player to the ground, yikes..)

Really only one hit lands uninterrupted, and its the first of the series of blows, which would be the weakest. Poise was a complaint made by a lot of people, and From has made it clear they will address the needs of the fans first and foremost, so don't write this sequel off too quick, they more than likely have improved it.

Im just worried about loosing invisi-roll..
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:30 am

More likely he gets hit during the guard break right before he rolls and rolling is still invulnerable.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:23 am

NOOOO NOT INVINCIBLE FRAMES
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:37 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:More likely he gets hit during the guard break right before he rolls and rolling is still invulnerable.

No if you watch the videos more closely, you will see they have greatly reduced or even removed the invulnerability frames. This is confirmed in a few articles written by the journalists who have actually played the game and experienced it first hand. Reference the new info thread and you will find the articles where its mentioned.

though these mechanics are still being tweaked; the devs have even said they are undecided on things like poise at this point. they just want to show the world how everything is looking so far.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:02 pm

Honestly, I think he got hit just before the roll is all. I don't think they'll go so far as to remove invincibility frames, considering it's been said that stamina consumption for rolls has been tweaked. Besides, if you remove I-frames, what is the point of rolling? They could have lowered the I-frames for rolling as seen on the Sorcerer's side, but removing outright seems ridiculous.
    Rayko
    Rayko

Post by Rayko Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:24 pm

I haven't seen anything disappointing. But game looks quite unpolished and imbalanced - just look at movement animation. However, I don't see a reason for From not fixing it.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:44 pm

They have a looooong time to polish it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:37 pm

I hope they Polish it instead.  My name end in "ski"
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Good news, everyone!  After further analysis and consultation, I have discovered that phastings is indeed correct.  There is no poise, and rolls have had their invulnerability replaced with hyper armor.

Now let's just hope that FROM isn't dumb enough to remove invulnerability from rolls in PvP.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:41 pm

I don't that is correct. From what I gathered, Poise still exists (I've seen no other contrary claims) and rolls have had their invincibility nerfed. They've done a ton of things to the game and are really changing a bunch of things, we really can't assume anything as final, especially with months away.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:44 pm

@Saint-  How / where did you confirm that?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjMxB7w2qWE

Watch around 3:50.  He is staggered by the first hit, then rolls through the second hit (while taking damage), and then staggered again by the third hit.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:29 pm

That could be from a poise break, a mistimed roll, and then another poise break due to it possibly only taking two hits for each break.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:35 pm

The very first post has the exact same video, 10 seconds before, showing him take a hit without staggering.

He got hit first with the lance (which obviously should have higher poise damage than a kick), the second time he got hit before he even rolled, it was very likely mistimed.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:42 pm

That doesn't necessarily confirm it though. 
    For no poise, why is it then, at 3:41 where he gets hit right before blocking, that he doesn't get stunned? 
    Heck, poise could even be supported because he was able to roll through the attack and not get stunned. It's too generalized to be considered hyper armor quite yet.
    (or basically what Dibs said)
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:02 pm

Dibsville wrote:That could be from a poise break, a mistimed roll, and then another poise break due to it possibly only taking two hits for each break.

I considered that. It is unlikely. The first hit that stuns him happens eleven seconds after any other hit. Unless poise regeneration time has been more than doubled (realistically more like tripled), that isn't the case.

When he gets hit at 3:40, he's at the end of a roll. Then he blocks an attack, and then he rolls away and probably gets hit in the first couple of frames of his roll, rather than right before his roll.

Presumably, rolls in the demo work something like how backsteps worked in DkS. Fully armored, no invulnerability in PvE, while in PvP they have a few invulnerability frames with an armored recovery.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:11 pm

That isn't very likely. Why would it apply to nearly the whole second half of the roll animation (assuming that the animation of him getting up is somehow a part of the roll animation)?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:47 am