Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Encore
reim0027
Jansports
TheMeInTeam
Animaaal
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Leet
XachAttack
Sentiel
Serious_Much
omgoff
Saturday-Saint
robsthedon
17 posters

Do some glitches add depth ?

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Do some glitches add depth ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do some glitches add depth ?

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:20 pm

im havel shielding the dark magic, thing is if I roll the fat roll has a long recovery period where any mage could walk up and dark bead/black flame my fatass to next Tuesday... that's the problem most pull out katana's which I suck at parrying so switching to my parry shield doesn't help much yet... well either way more practice and you get6 credit for bringing in yoda, lol.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Blood shield does not give bleed immunity, but the resist is quite stout.  I don't think kat users would easily get through it.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Does the GSoA stop bleed? I thought I heard that, but I haven't made a tank/mid-roller/great shield user in ages.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Supposedly, if a successful block is done, bleed will not build up.

Can't confirm it myself because i don't use big shields. Why would i?

Weight + Can't parry + Get DA = No good for Leet.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:45 pm

TooLeet wrote:Supposedly, if a successful block is done, bleed will not build up.

Can't confirm it myself because i don't use big shields. Why would i?

Weight + Can't parry + Get DA = No good for Leet.

Havel's is a great shield to use.

Then you menu-swap it off.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 pm

the gsoa is supposed to block bleed and it does against pve enemies last I checked but it doesn't stop bleed in pvp, so... meh, Havels shield is best shield, specially for that l2 buff.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:37 am

GSoA has 100% bleed resist IIRC, maybe it was like 90 or 95? In any case, it was very high, but status resists on shields have no effect in PvP, so it doesn't matter.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:36 am

Animaaal wrote:Does the GSoA stop bleed?  I thought I heard that, but I haven't made a tank/mid-roller/great shield user in ages.
    GSoA stopped Bleed and Spider Shield stopped Poison and Toxic.
    Both don't work.
    I tested Spider Shield a few days ago and Poison Arrows, Poison Knives, Dung Pies and Gravelord Sword, all did Aux build up.

I can't use GSoA myself, but I keep bleeding out it's users left and right, so it doesn't work either.

They used to though, so they probably got nerfed in one of the patches.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:50 am

Shields never blocked status in PvP.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Animaaal wrote:Does the GSoA stop bleed?  I thought I heard that, but I haven't made a tank/mid-roller/great shield user in ages.

For some retarded reason, the developers got it into their mind that the greatshield of artorias was overpowered, and in PvP it loses its status effect immunity.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:10 pm

I coulda swore I seen a video lately of a guy invading in the catacombs with a barbed sword in the offhand, and a katana in the main, trying to bleed a guy with the GSoA, and even commented in the video something like, "%$#@!!!!!!!" because he hit the guy a dozen times and didn't bleed him out.

That vid was posted recently, I think it was dibs.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:Shields never blocked status in PvP.
    They did. My very first build used GSoA to get rid of the Bleed that came with so many Uchi users. I didn't know about the Bleed negation with a roll back then, so I used GSoA instead and it worked.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 pm

I definitely don't understand why the shields don't work in MP...why nerf an already weak option?  GSoA has pathetic magic block and can't parry, so it's not like it had a good answer to chip damage, mace beatdowns, or backstabs if someone tries block + poke...it's an inferior great shield in every way since it can't block status, in some ways worse than the freaking Eagle shield!

Spider shield and blood shield are already weaker than their alternatives if not for their status blocks...though bleed resist is silly anyway since people can "roll through" it sigh.  Best bleed weapon might be reinforced club just because it might trigger bleed effect during a time you're trying to toggle escape or some such and actually cause bleed damage at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:15 pm