Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
Eolan
Kenko
FattyOfDoom
Jorund
befowler
skillbilly
Sunbro4evar
GkMrBane
Oribane
Spurgun
Shkar
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
SEANB240
Siegleyn
Serious_Much
cloudyeki
DoughGuy
Darkstar485
pylorih
Tolvo
strangejoy
skarekrow13
ViralEnsign_
PhlyingDutchman
cdr2783
AeroSigma
Carphil
Yukon
Emergence
ublug
Tornesol
PlasticandRage
WyrmHero
User
BLA1NE
39 posters

Pendant Theories

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Pendant Theories - Page 6 Empty Re: Pendant Theories

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 pm

I may be way off base here, and maybe a little more than coming out of left-field here, but I'd heard that if you complete Reah's questline and then do something or other to her or Petrus or someone else, if you have the Pendant you'll get some unique dialogue.

I don't know, just something that I heard through the grapevine.
    Siegleyn
    Siegleyn

Post by Siegleyn Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:32 pm

I added some stuff in my previous post at the bottom.

Isn't the tale of the chosen undead something Framps or/and Gwyndolin made up to lead a strong one to Anor Londo and replace the dying Gwyn?

But enough of Lautrec, he isn't really relevant to my pendant theory.
    To be honest, I actually forgot why I think Gwynevere had the pendant at some point, I got very confused know by writing all this stuff... I'll try to remember and post it later.

It's also not necessary for my theory that only maiden weild the pendant. I just thought they are the part of the maidens who wield it because I read Rhea uses it to pray in the church.
    It's important that the WoW weilds it, as followers of Gwyn, wanting to maintain the Fire and all that. So all of them including Petrus would use it, as they think it's a relict of eithet Gwynevere or Gwyndolin.

In short: The pendant contains or is related to a tragedy or event in Gwyn's familiy and I think it's related to the two siblings Gwynevere and Gwyndolin. Because either something happened between them to make Gwynevere leaving Anor Londo or it was Seath and she maybe got the pendant as present before she leaves (containing memories, childhood? "No effect, but fond memories comfort travelers.") because her brother loves her (choosing her as illusion).

But why would she leave because of Seath... Her husband is Flann, Gwyndolin her brother and they have several servants like the Silver Knights and O&S. They could protect themselves.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:51 pm

@Seigleyn very good theories there. I like the part where you are trying to relate the Pendant of Gwyndolin as a gift from his sister.

@Dough If the Pendant is from Petrus then I think it is even more related to Velka. You see Petrus is a sinner (Oswalds confirms it), and he does not believe in the Way of White, but in other covenant....There is a connection to the Pendant and the sinners. If Reah dropped the Pendant when you kill her everything would make more sense, because I really like the idea of maidens using pendants.
    Siegleyn
    Siegleyn

Post by Siegleyn Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:55 pm

I added again some stuff in my previous post (not the big Lautrec post) related to the Pendants item description.
    I think Petrus isn't part of Velkas covenant. I'm taking EpicNameBros words serious here; "I think he's just an coward".
    I agree with the sinner part. But he just cares about his own butt.
    Watch Epic's Way Of White video if you haven't done so. It's really important what he says abput Petrus for my theory if you bring up Velka.

But him beeing part of it makes kinda makes sence too. Would explain why Lautrec knows him that good. But Petrus would still possess the pendant because he's faking beeing part of the WoW, he wouldn't be called sinner otherwise.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:58 am

If the Pendant is related to sinners, and Petrus has the Pendant then we have found 2 connections. Trade the Pendant to Snuggly=Souvenir of Reprisal. Petrus is a sinner = kills Reah, drops Pendant.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:05 am

A few thoughts based on ideas posted in the last few pages:

Lautrec: The main theme for this character (besides murdering firekeeprs) is his love of Fina, goddess of favor and protection. He appears to be on his quest, and his armor was given to him by Fina. That covers the "favor" aspect, as she grants him a gift to succeed on his quest. The only other aspect of her that remains, is "protection". If Fina is the one who sent Lautrec, it makes sense that it is to protect someone or something. Snuggly gives you the ring of F&P if you trade her the Xanthous crown, which belongs to Jeremiah, who "protects" (sort of?) Priscilla. Both use golden armor.

Gwynevere: The consensus seems to be that the painting is interesting because it doesn't look like Gwynevere. The paleness can be explained by makeup (pale was as attractive as tan is now (and vice versa) all the way up to like the mid 1900's), and the changes in chest size could be due to a mistake, or Gwyndolin exaggerating the illusion and changes to the city since Gwynevere left. The one painting is believed to be Gwyndolin, but the other painting is unkown. Could it not be how the REAL Gwynevere actually looks? They both have brown hair, and Gwyndolin's illusion could be wrong in details (purposely or accidentally is irrelevant).

As for the pendant itself, I find it very unlikely it does anything in the game. Even if all the man hours poured into the game didn't find it, people peaking at the files certainly would have. It may be time to face the possibility that there are no secrets in terms of items, areas, cutsecenes, etc. left to find.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:53 am

I'm sitting this one out, like all Velka related discussions really. Only things I could possibly add is that I also think Petrus is just a coward who lets his fear of, well everything, drive him to desperate acts. Lautrec I assumed, as well as Patches, is knowledgeable about everyone because they're sociable guys despite their somewhat evil tones. Patches in particular makes it a point to get to know everyone (you're either a customer or future merchandise). Lautrec seems like the type to wanna know everything he can about people and not shy to just walk up and start talking. This adds next to nothing to your discussion so please carry on with your excellent conversations.
    Siegleyn
    Siegleyn

Post by Siegleyn Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:21 pm

I could go on starting with the age of fog itself. But that would be massive free interpretatoin combined with the facts we know and how I think FROM developed the story. They had to use a red thread after all.
    All this would also be connected to the Pendant.
    But this will take time and I don't know if so much speculation is wanted.

I can't connect Velka to the pendant though, as she is using the list of the sinner just like Gwyndolins covenant. Snuggly seems to be a gimmick, we can't make connections to all the items he trades..

But really important is that the Age of the Dark doesn't mean the end of the "gods" as we know them.
    It's an end to Gwyn's rule since Fire will fade and weaken his power enhanced by the Lord Soul connected to the Fire.
    All the big guys seem to be one kind of race, that lived before the Pygmy created the humans.
    The Pygmy wasn't probably small but called Pygmy for beeing the father of the smaller human kind.
    Only dude who doesn't fit in there is Havel, beeing very small as we meet him ingame....

Maybe he's the Pygmy who created the humans and source of the Darksign. Gwyn, the dear friend locked him away for that because the Darksign is a threat to his power...

There are rumors of a hero turned
    Hollow who was locked away by a dear friend.
    For his own good, of course.

You see how my theories roll...

Last edited by Siegleyn on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Lautrec forsook everything when he was in solitude, believing in the embraced protection that the goddess fina gave him. Solitude implies possible locked up, such as when he was alone in undead church, locked away. Solitude in such a tiny cell... it can do stuff to people's minds.

As for Fina being Gwynevere... I always had speculation that it may be, due to similarities of the two. As the real Gwynevre disappeared with an aberration left of her (by who is either Seath or Gwyndolin, it seems to point towards). Being that she may hide her identity from others, or that her identity changed after marriage to a god of fire (Flann, I think he is called). As she was called Gwynevre with her name being similar to Gwyn, her father, her name might have changed after marrying Flann, in which originated a name to represent her husband, in which is Fina. HOWEVER. Their is little to no information of it whatsoever for any to actually say it is true.

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Siegleyn wrote:
    Only dude who doesn't fit in there is Havel, beeing very small as we meet him ingame....

I know how this will sound, but I don't think we have any actual proof that IS Havel. If I recall, the only item of his set that implies uniqueness is the Dragon Tooth, with the rest saying "*BLANK* of the soldiers of Havel the Rock." The Dragon Tooth IS a good identifier, however Even that could be a replica or another copy (Surely they had more then one dragon tooth around after driving them (almost) extinct.)).
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:03 pm

According to the Key that opens the door to his room, that is havel in there.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:05 pm

I think the key is a good indicator it is infact havel.
    Watchtower Basement Key:
    "Ket to the basement of the watchtower in the Undead Burg.
    The basement of the watchtower forms a stone cell. There are rumors of a hero turned hollow who was locked away by a dear friend. For his own good, of course."

This doesn't directly say Havel was the hollow, but it does mention later that Gwyn and him were close. I just can't imagine why they would take away any possible identity of the Havel wearing hollow by making it not Havel. Unless Havel locked one of his followers away, but it loses some of its air.

EDIT: damnit tolvo!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:08 pm

My ninja post skills is mad G!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Tolvo wrote:According to the Key that opens the door to his room, that is havel in there.
    Whoops, forgot about that one.

I just find it a tad odd that it takes the time to specify that he had men who wode the same kind of gear, and never includes them. I also find it odd that Such a badass fellow is so easy to beat.

Maybe I'm just crazy.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:57 pm

If you think about it, Gwyn is no different.

Perhaps its not because you are crazy, but because they are and have been for some time, making them weak.

I do agree, its strange we never see the knights that followed Havel, but similar to how people thought kirk was the son of chaos and ceaseless was just some monster, I have to disagree and say if it were not havel in that tower it just takes away too much of the story we are given and makes him near meaningless.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:34 pm

You might want to check the There's More to Them Thread. I kind of went into what I think became of Havel's men, as well as to why you find their gear next to an occult item.
    Siegleyn
    Siegleyn

Post by Siegleyn Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:31 am

It's just a weird thought that a key was enough to lock Havel The Rock inside that Tower, those wooden doors must be enchanted by some wicked magic.
    Darn that magic !

But something important was there for sure, because Seath left his trails there. Okay actually I don't know how the Crystal Golems are connected to Seath but maybe they were send there to keep watch of Havel.

Thing is, Havel lived before the Darksign existed it seems. So how would he turn hollow? Unless he was turned undead by someone. The Sewer Chamber Key says it's possible. And who's in the Sewers? A Channeler.

Havel, afterall, is only connected to the Pendant if he's somehow responsible for the Way Of White. But I don't think he's the leader of them even if them. (Way of White- Pendants meaning based on a travel?- Gwynevere leaves Anor Londo (travels), dressed in white as princess of the sunlight- lore makes pendant into relict for the followers of the WoW)
    And Seath the reason for Gwynevere leaving Anor Londo, which in my eyes seems unlikey.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:47 am

Allfather Lloyd is the leader of the WoW, Havel was just a senior bishop. Seath created the crystal golems. It appears that the darksign is something that can be gained, not just born with. However Havel was around for the war against the dragons, or at least before Gwyn hollowed, so the darksign is very very old.
    Seath and Priscilla attacked the gods and forced them out of anor londo. Thats my theory anyway. And there is evidence for it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:58 am

Look at Havel's gauntlets, and you might see how they had restrained him. As well he broke free, but still as a hollow he probably just didn't even recognize or understand his surroundings, and just wandered that tower confused until he saw another living thing. Where his warrior instincts kicked in.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:34 pm

^ you can see similar thing on his chestpiece
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Tolvo wrote:Look at Havel's gauntlets, and you might see how they had restrained him. As well he broke free, but still as a hollow he probably just didn't even recognize or understand his surroundings, and just wandered that tower confused until he saw another living thing. Where his warrior instincts kicked in.

Actually, I believe we had a mini conversation in the "There's more to them" thread about them, and the consensus seemed to be that the chains were there to add lightweight defense on top of the stone.

And now I feel that the chains were important for restraining him...Now I have to look for where he was chained too.
    Siegleyn
    Siegleyn

Post by Siegleyn Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:15 pm

FROM planned something different for Priscilla but it didn't work out. She was intended to be a heroine of the game (from the interview of the japanese only artbook).

The infos about her and Havel are way too vague. I shouldn't have brought all that up. That's just how explain everything around the Pendant, Gwynevere, the WoW, Carim, Fina and finally Lautrec.
    Oribane

Post by Oribane Tue May 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:
    As for Fina being Gwynevere... I always had speculation that it may be, due to similarities of the two. As the real Gwynevre disappeared with an aberration left of her (by who is either Seath or Gwyndolin, it seems to point towards). Being that she may hide her identity from others, or that her identity changed after marriage to a god of fire (Flann, I think he is called). As she was called Gwynevre with her name being similar to Gwyn, her father, her name might have changed after marrying Flann, in which originated a name to represent her husband, in which is Fina. HOWEVER. Their is little to no information of it whatsoever for any to actually say it is true.

I think the fact that Lautrec is in Dark Anor Londo, meaning he has killed the illusion of Gwynveyre, and the fact that his corpse is found not far from Gwynveyre, probably meaning that Gwyndolyn (or his covenant) succeeded in killing him after he took down the illusion, is a good indication that Fina = Gwynveyre. Anyone know how these gods are called in the japanese version ? Because if Flann and Fina starts the same way in the japanese version, it would be great.

Lautrec dialogs also are interesting because he is almost friendly, but he wants to keep his distance, because he knows his quest goes against your and that you will be enemies in the end.

As for the pendant, I've no idea yet, there's a lot of good ideas in this thread that covers reasonable hypothesis. I hope we figure it out on our own, before we learn in 20 years the truth in an obscure japanese interview !
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed May 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Has anyone ever tried to black crystal out of lautrec's world when your invade.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed May 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Yep, nothing fancy happens. If you aggro him and black crystal out he just doesn't say anything the next time you invade him: where as if you get killed he says something like "how the lambs rush to the slaugher, well come on then."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:48 pm