Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
Eolan
Kenko
FattyOfDoom
Jorund
befowler
skillbilly
Sunbro4evar
GkMrBane
Oribane
Spurgun
Shkar
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
SEANB240
Siegleyn
Serious_Much
cloudyeki
DoughGuy
Darkstar485
pylorih
Tolvo
strangejoy
skarekrow13
ViralEnsign_
PhlyingDutchman
cdr2783
AeroSigma
Carphil
Yukon
Emergence
ublug
Tornesol
PlasticandRage
WyrmHero
User
BLA1NE
39 posters

Pendant Theories

GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Pendant Theories - Page 7 Empty Re: Pendant Theories

Post by GkMrBane Wed May 02, 2012 2:19 pm

pendants are a reward for wining in the forest cov right?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 3:18 pm

They're one of the drops. That's how I've managed to test some ideas, by getting extras. There's also been theories to attach the pendant to the covenant/area as a result of this connection.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed May 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Thats what I was wandering as well.

Well we know it a reward that you take from those tresspasing in the forest. hmmmm

and Alvina doesnt really like Sif but is Alvina loyal to Aoratis? Connection? maybe not.

Is it an item only recovered from enemys that have completed the Reah of Thourland quest? Or been associated with it.

Sorry for spelling.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 3:28 pm

I know a few guys have asked people they've killed a few questions on the pendant like you mention (do you have one on you, was it a gift of from Reah, etc.) and I don't recall there being a connection on who hosts drop it. Also, no problem with spelling, I get ya and that's all that matters.

Sorry to nitpick but I'm a lore nut and it seems you are too to some extent so I'll clarify that Alvina doesn't really like Shiva. In game dialogue shows she doesn't trust him. All evidence in game points to a close relationship between Alvina and Sif which is made all the more mysterious by Alvina basically telling you, "don't go any further, there's nothing else in the forest." While it seems like she's protecting Sif perhaps the whole forest concept and grave area feel to me like they really do want someone to find Sif and get the ring........but only if they're worthy.
    Sunbro4evar
    Sunbro4evar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sunbro4evar Wed May 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Yukon wrote:Hm, I have never thought to ask. Any forest hunters who notice a pendant drop, have you ever considered messaging the host and asking what their gift was?
    I always assumed the drop was random, or was somehow related to inventory space.
    I have not read through all the pages because I'm too lazy too but I remember while Forest Hunting I invaded a girl twice. Both times I killed her and got a pendant twice so I think it has something to do with their starting gift or if they have the pendant in their inventory or something.

EDIT: So I don't think it's a random drop.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed May 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Hmmm well its good food for thought.. . . . .

Well on a side note. you know how you find the armor of people that are still alive on dead bodies. Do you think that in a way that all the NPC's are kinda undead/gost and that any one in lordan is already dead and that were kinda in the spirit world.

I only mention it cause you can get Shiva's armor before you kill him or do anything like that.

maybe relighting the fires forces continued imortality on everyone including your self.

That by not lighting it you allow everyone to pass on. ( But that cant be totally right cause the imortal serpents call you a king in the end . hmmmmm more food for thought.

EDIT : I just read my post and I sound like a hippy conspiracy theorist.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 4:19 pm

I think that you come across persons at various stages of their time in Lordran. Shiva is a good example. We see him in a couple locations that seem to suggest we get a brief window into his time. We meet him then find him elsewhere but never get him to change positions again. In other words, our world stops overlapping with his world before he leaves B. Town but then picks up again later in his world after he died by the cliff. I don't know if they're undead or ghosts so to speak but there's a lot of crazy anomalies. I equate it to our world being an ironed, flat piece of cloth while everyone else's world/time is like a folded, crumpled or undulating piece of cloth. Even though they touch it's only in certain spots where there's direct contact.

Also, I'm pretty sure we all sound like conspiracy theorists cheers
    skillbilly
    skillbilly

Post by skillbilly Wed May 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Is there any video confirmation for dropping a pendant, reloading, and it turning into a prism stone? I have tried this and my pendant just disappears after the reload. Perhaps it is myth, or I am doing it incorrectly. If it is possible, how is it done? I have 27 pendants right now, but I don't want to just watch them disappear. Also, if this does happen somewhere, what if dropping more than one gives you something more than a prism stone? Like the elite cleric armor, for example.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed May 02, 2012 5:13 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I think that you come across persons at various stages of their time in Lordran. Shiva is a good example. We see him in a couple locations that seem to suggest we get a brief window into his time. We meet him then find him elsewhere but never get him to change positions again. In other words, our world stops overlapping with his world before he leaves B. Town but then picks up again later in his world after he died by the cliff. I don't know if they're undead or ghosts so to speak but there's a lot of crazy anomalies. I equate it to our world being an ironed, flat piece of cloth while everyone else's world/time is like a folded, crumpled or undulating piece of cloth. Even though they touch it's only in certain spots where there's direct contact.

Also, I'm pretty sure we all sound like conspiracy theorists cheers

Yes I like How you discribed the time distortion.

I also had a theory that when NPC go hollow it was related to them reaching or giving up on reaching there goals

Examples

Big hat logan reached his goal.

Reah was inprisioned in the Archive jail and gave up? maybe

Laurentius went hollow in the depths maybe after meeting his master. Idk

These guess may not have any weight so dont let them bother you to much.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 5:59 pm

They're actually pretty much what we all think. Some sort of reason to abandon your goal
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed May 02, 2012 6:47 pm

I think Tolvo extensively tested the pendant drop theory in the forest and it was purely random regardless of victim or their starting gift. You'll sometimes get 2-3 in a row but it's just luck of the draw. It's somewhere earlier in this thread as I recall, and that has been my observation in there as well. It is a weird reward to be sure, but may just be a surefire, if slow, way for anyone to get a pendant if they don't select it or manage to get one off Reah.

For the record, I'm on board with the fairly popular theory that the pendant transfers comforting memories from your own past lives, namely it becomes relevant in NG+ and beyond somehow. How, I obviously don't know. But I do wonder about some of the NG -> NG+ item or effects transfers, like the known unspeakable glitch issue where certain character build selections based on earlier characters result in all the black knights in the asylum dying the moment you start the game. Without obviously discussing the specifics of that glitch, I often wonder if those knights croaking reveals some sort of hidden NG+ functionality that is supposed to happen if you, say, linked the fire in a past life and Gwyn's knights (now yours?) are supposed to remember you and either leave you alone or die off at your command or something.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 pm

befowler wrote:But I do wonder about some of the NG -> NG+ item or effects transfers, like the known unspeakable glitch issue where certain character build selections based on earlier characters result in all the black knights in the asylum dying the moment you start the game.
    The glitch doesn't just carry over held items, it carries over progress as well. So if you have killed the knights on your 'host' character, they will die upon game start because the game has flagged them as dead. Black knights killed by the 'host' only applies to the asylum, but covenant levels affects the game in general.
    If you instead glitch from a 'host' that just completed a game cycle, and is still in the asylum cell, the progress on your glitched character should be just like a normal 'fresh' character. No black knights should spawn in the asylum until you retrun later, even Oscar should be alive and talking, but covenant levels will still be present afaik.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed May 02, 2012 7:30 pm

That makes sense, although I thought I'd had knights croak on chars that wouldn't have had them dead. It also only seemed to happen with certain new characters even if they shared a "parent" char. But maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention, lol.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Maybe you shouldn't glitch befowler. we all know it's a gateway glitch that leads to harder mods
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu May 03, 2012 9:53 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Maybe you shouldn't glitch befowler. we all know it's a gateway glitch that leads to harder mods

LOL Heyy mann you wanna buy sum humanity trade me that sword and its yours. LOL dark souls ther real world.

Im on like my 20th gen bb toon I know it sounds bad but I so hated that I had to kill Sif and the fact that I had to kill the Dark moon fire keeper if I wanted to have ful Estus so I sent fire keeper souls over.

I make a new one every now and again with 4 Keeper souls and I give the 2 each to new newbs in the burg.
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Sat May 05, 2012 3:27 am

I just read through all eleven pages of this and my head is bursting. I still haven't given up on the idea that the pendant actually does something, although I'm attempting to maintain a healthy dose of skepticism. Miyazaki, as it's already been stated I believe, said something about it taking multiple playthroughs.

Which partially makes me think he said that because it will take us that long to figure out it has no purpose.

Or maybe it does take three or four playthroughs and you have to choose the pendant as your gift each time. I have no clue, I'm just spitting ideas. I do like the lore connections though.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Is there anything that has been discussed being tested but hasn't yet been tested that's related to this? I need a reason to keep playing here. I figure I might as well make myself useful and this has been bugging me again lately.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed May 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Hey there was a kind of glitch the other day when I played with a toon that I havent played with in a while I had 10 pendents from the forest cov and when I looked at the item discription it said the exact same thing that the sunlight medals do.

Has this happend to anyone else before.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 09, 2012 3:14 pm

It's a post patch code error. Or that's the generally accepted explanation.

Either that or From is giving us a hint that the pendant's true meaning is somehow related to the WoS covenant.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 3:45 pm

I still have to pendant drop in front of the invisible statue in Anor Londo (O&S room). You could try that. Or in front of the painting I think is Gwyndolin in the Anor Londo bedrooms. I don't think I went back to drop one there either.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed May 09, 2012 4:02 pm

has there been any attempt to give the pendent to the crest fallen warrior?

he seems like the only Npc who serves no real purpose.
    skillbilly
    skillbilly

Post by skillbilly Wed May 09, 2012 4:06 pm

I have read that a pendant dropped under certain circumstances can turn into a prism stone. If this can be confirmed somehow, it may lead to a discovery. Previously, I suggested that if dropping one on a certain location can become a prism stone, perhaps dropping it in another location, or dropping more than one in a certain spot, could yield something other than a prism stone. However unlikely, the elite cleric armor would be nice.

Currently, I have 27 pendants. I had more, but I have tried dropping a few and reloading to no avail. This may disprove the pendant/prism stone transformation. Or, perhaps I don't know the proper circumstances (location, covenant, gear, etc.) needed for a dropped pendant to change after a reload. Maybe a reload isn't even necessary. I don't know.

Is it possible that you need up to 99 pendants for its' supposed purpose to take effect? It would take some time to get that many, but if you're looking for something to do... happy
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 4:13 pm

I think the prism stone change was in front of Artorias' grave.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed May 09, 2012 4:14 pm

I've been combing the internet the last couple of days and I've come across a few things I haven't read before. Which doesn't necessarily mean they haven't been discussed here, only that I haven't come across them here. I read a lot about the possibility of a hidden boss located in the archives, though it usually came accompanied by a lot that was clearly BS. The thing that I've found that's really intrigued me however, were the theories relating to the two empty boxes and things showing up in them when certain items are fed to Frampt. I actually have a build that has just about everything that I've been thinking about deleting. He was one of my early builds that I kind of disfigured stat wise. Maybe I'll feed everything in the game to Frampt individually and see what shows up in the boxes. Anyone tried that?
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed May 09, 2012 4:19 pm

I havent.

Did anyone mention wheather they have tried dropping one infront of the crest fallen worrior.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:21 pm