Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
HereticForLife
swordiris
zwanzig-tausend
ResIsBestStat
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
dantheman123
Latitoast
robsthedon
silentmonkey3
Renegade
Jansports
Nosferatu-Zodd
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kahldris_Ducard
Icegodzilla
Hugh_G_Johnson
Paragon
Comrade Sparkle
shadowzninjaz
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
29 posters

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 2 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Encore Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:58 am

Well, just checking out the new thread silly. Anyways, I'm not playing a lot for the moment, it may change in a few months, but for now, I'm just gonna lurk this thread.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 2 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:15 am

Good to see ya Cat, remember you don't have to play to post!

------

Paragon wrote:...Hugh has already responded to this and while he is right for the most part there is one thing he forgot. If the person you are a white phantom for gets invaded by a spirit of vengeance, you are not allowed to help the host fight the SoV...

Iris may be gone, but i believe we should remain as close to precedent as possible.

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:...The normal rules for no ganking and no killing darkmoons apply...

That's what I meant by no killing Darkmoons.  However, I realized this is actually too broad.  It's possible a red could use DMB, thus identifying themselves as a Darkmoon.  These misguided Darkmoons are to be quickly destroyed for their own good.  The less time they're in the host's world; the less chance that something goes wrong and the host dies potentially giving sin to the Darkmoon.  As ever pray/prostrate for them. Paragon is right to say SoV rather than Darkmoon.

I agree about maintaining precedence; I thought of that rule while making the OP and the only reason I didn't put it in was because Sword didn't.  Though; I don't mind taking the liberty to mention we should make sure to kill any red who happens to be a DMB.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Whatever goes on for the events my only rule is that they be fun for everyone. That to me is the core of events for us.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Paragon wrote:If you make it too low it severely limits the options available to the players. Ultimately these events are a matter of interpersonal respect between the players. One might earn a lot of points or the like from one shot builds, but they wont earn any respect from it. And it doesnt matter how much some one pretends they dont care about respect, the only two things that matter in multiplayer games are fun and respect. Anyone who cares too much about one rather than both obviously has some issues in real life that they need to work out. As such, rather than restricting players with rules that make them feel weighed down, using a very conservative set of rules to guide the spirit of the event will encourage players to be reasonable with their builds and hopefully steer them away from builds that ruin the fun for everybody.

Paragon has it right. The Guerrilla Event the Exiled hosts has few rules yet most players when left to their own devices have shown respect and restraint. Most are there for the fun and the hysterical laughs that can erupt over the oddest occurrences.

Only a few have come in with the "one-hit" mentality. Interestingly enough they don't find the event fun. Hmmmm, food for thought....perhaps.

However, due to some past occurrences I will need to put in to place a only a few restrictions. Sadly.
    But the bottomline is most people will honor and respect others and come to the event with the fun to be had in mind!!

As for low level builds...I love challenge builds. Rather then looking at them as limiting I find them simply unforgiving in that they limit the mistakes you can make and get away with. twisted 
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:44 am

meh it was just an idea if people really don't like fighting one shots. and yeah i don't think to many people would actually use them for events. Personally i prefer the lvl 100 area, but the important thing is having fun.
    also u can still do a lot with a lvl 30 just gotta be careful were u put those points.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:27 pm

To some extent I feel the concept is designed for OP builds.  Hyper-mode or buff builds would actually be at a pretty big disadvantage.  Even a dark bead build should have trouble dealing with three people.  I'm thinking any super-OP 1-shot build would have the tendency to grab people's attention and may prove to be counter-productive.

Speaking of events; did anyone notice my idea for a new location for the fencing event (on top of the aqueduct in the beginning of the undead burg)?  Any thoughts?

Don't forget tonight is the deadline for the 1st ever EotW (less than 12 hours)!  I have two more submissions:

The accomplice also pays the price:
    Being thorough finally pays off:

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:35 pm

For the fencing event locations I say the area to Ceaseless Discharge, the bridge connecting the towers with the bloated hollows in the PW, even the area with the hellkite dragon in the parish can work.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:45 pm

I can see people falling off the ceassless dicharge bridge alot. The area that Hugh said sounds great too me. The area in PW could also work if their is something wrong with parish
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:58 am

The deadline for submissions for EotW has passed.  I have updated the EotW page with this week's candidates.  Anyone can vote and Paragon & I must vote (but not for ourselves) since we've submitted.  Go ahead and vote in the thread; either it's not serious enough to warrant a private ballot or it's serious enough to need more than one person counting votes -- take your pick. silly I've also added the spoiler to this post.  

My vote (of course) is for Paragon's "Slow Speed Chase".  Please vote!  Remember also, to vote for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.  I could not, since only one submission was not mine.

Inaugural EotW Candidates:
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:22 pm

My votes.

1st place: Free Lesson

2nd place: The Accomplice Pays the Price

3rd place: Being Thorough
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:49 pm

While I like reading the entries and votes Free lesson, Being Thorough and Slow speed it would be good to have more members join and submit there entries in the future weeks of this. The advantages are good we just need more people to submit theirs.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Jolly good!  Thank you for your participation in EotW.  Hopefully someone else will vote, so I can win we can have a winner.  Ok -- ninja'd in a good way. silly Thanks, for voting Iceman -- I expect an entry form you this week.  We're now taking submissions for this week as well, btw.

Also; I finally got around to writing up a handbook entry on Dark Anor Londo:

Dark Anor Londo:
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:57 pm

I would Hugh but my invasions are anything but exciting. They usually are duels or some backstab at a healer or a cheap fight to counter a cheap player. Not worth posting for the week.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:16 pm

my vote is for "The accomplice also pays the price"
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Yeah, duels and 1v1s are at best tough to describe with words for the most part.  But, if anything comes up... and yeah, gank-hunting is much better for this.  Put that ring on, Iceman! silly Thank you for voting, though.  I really wanted to make sure I won we had a winner the first week.

I have a good invasion story for this week, but I think I'll keep it in my pocket just in case I get some better ones. big grin 

@Icegodzilla; remember vote for 2nd & 3rd as well!
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:10 pm

2nd "free lesson"
    3rd "slow speed chase"
    I might have some stories later next week I won't have any this week because im going on vacation. Plus i am planing on making a new darkmoon build
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:27 pm

At some point We should advertise the covenant to get a few members. However what I think we need to find improved ways to get members to stay here.
    Nosferatu-Zodd
    Nosferatu-Zodd

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 2 Empty Greetings everyone!

Post by Nosferatu-Zodd Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:40 am

I want to join your club! Met Hugh a while back in some forest pvp, and later on he introduced me to Paragon..
    pvp'ed, sparred and also did some co-ops with them.. Not much else to say than that i hope to join you soon in your hunt for sinners! 

Looking forward to meeting y'all Bow 
    GT's: Nebezialx , Monex15
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 am

Excellent! cheers  Welcome to the forum and to the Mov!  

Hey, Iceman... how 'bout that recruiting?  Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 2 Bloodtrail winking

Nosferatu; start your scouting missions out in the Demon Ruins since we've already kinda welcomed you in with the Painted World.  We had a little mini-FC there last night.  I do quite like that location for MoV exercises (the open area by where Jeremiah invades), it would be perfect if I left the Velka statue facing us.  I called it 'troll FC' because Nosferatu and Paragon kept poisoning each other. silly BTW, Paragon; did that 'pro' invader (who died immediately) spawn on the bridge?  He should have spawned in the annex or in front of it.  I was sure I had been in the Phalanx area the whole time.  

@Godzilla -- Enjoy your vacation, can't wait to hear your stories when you get back to hunting.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:24 pm

EotW submission:

Gank/toll fail:
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:49 pm

Sorry for not getting back to you Hugh. I have been a bit "out of it" for the last few days and I'm still not quite "in it". Rl kinda sucks atm...so running around in the Fallout Wastelands seems even more apropo. Haha!!

I'll get with you later, ok? happy
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Well it seems we are doing better. But still not to our high point yet. However that takes time to do and I think we have the ability to do just that.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:09 am

Welcome Nosferatu-Zodd to the cov
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:28 am

Hey Nosferatu. Can i stick to calling you Neb, or should i shorten your forum name into Nos. I typically like to refer to people on the forums with as little formality as possible. Helps keep the community tight. Go ahead and let us know what you wanna be called and we will be sure to respect your wishes thumbs up

As for my self, I go by either Luvz or Para. My other nicknames include luvzy, paragade, and porygon. Feel free to take your pick, i luvz(tm) 'em all Sun
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:41 am

My ability to be on or not bounces around a lot. I've been a little busy making builds for events and haven't had as much time to just invade invade invade.

I swear I must be doing something wrong cause I was only 38 when I got to manus and I had so few summons. But I did have all of logan's spells so I managed somehow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:52 pm