Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
HereticForLife
swordiris
zwanzig-tausend
ResIsBestStat
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
dantheman123
Latitoast
robsthedon
silentmonkey3
Renegade
Jansports
Nosferatu-Zodd
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kahldris_Ducard
Icegodzilla
Hugh_G_Johnson
Paragon
Comrade Sparkle
shadowzninjaz
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
29 posters

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 4 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:14 am

Ok, I believe Soris has retired for the night, so head to the demon ruins, Physco.

Yes, Soris. In fact, I would like to discuss the ranking system in general with you and sword in the near future.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 4 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:18 am

Get me your sl for those kills ASAP! That place.....hmm I wonder.....*yawn* I have to sleep on this.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:24 am

Speaking of ranking, why does it say im only rank 2? Im rank 3 and ive BEEN rank 3 since before Iris left. Did I get demoted or something?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:37 am

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:...I believe Soris has retired for the night...
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:.....*yawn* I have to sleep on this.
    well, I was close. Shrug 

Luvz; no, you're listed as a Knight... which is rank 3.  Of course, a mage is also rank 3.  I can switch your title if you like.  laughing   Seriously, if it says rank 2 somewhere for you, point it out please and I'll fix it.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:42 pm

my sl? 120
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:17 pm

I believe the good Captain is attracted to the scent of blood and wants in on the action. big grin
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:40 pm

do the same rules apply if I invade a sinner who is trying to set up fights??

oh and if i could get your skype soris and hugh.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:00 pm

You can duel if you want.  Personally, I tend to avoid dueling areas.  I don't attack anybody who bows, but I usually put my shield up to kinda say 'let's go'.  Most of the time that happens in areas where I'm hesitant to trust people, anyway though (ie forest, dark AL).  Occasionally, I'll bow back if I'm certain they're legitimately dueling.

Be aware, though, that sometimes duelists will stop dueling and gank a blue. I notice people will stop fighting at the bottom of the Harpie tower in the Pw and gank as soon as I invade.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:24 pm

i have aquired ten ears from the demon ruins within the past 4 hours.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:37 pm

where to next?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Head to the Duke's Archives.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Are you invading during the day or are there that many people in the game now? Hmm what has happened? Well then again I played for the first time in awhile and still got it. I didn't DM just used the RSS. Good times.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:16 pm

no its actually been really slow ive been watching netflix on my computer while spaming the blue eye orb i've only been getting someone every 10-15 minutes or so. still i guess that could be considered fast.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:11 pm

you on xbox? I gave up on invading awhile ago, but if you're getting kills on it then as soon as i get home i'm gonna grab my old velka build and start hunting.
    btw im on vacation right now so i won't be on the forums that much, maybe like once every day or so.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Hey a kill is a kill time is a patience factor really for me. I'll play again tomorrow for a bit.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:44 am

Don't forget guys, just over 2 days left for EotW submissions.  Only one submission so far!  You're odds are great! big grin That goes for voting on last week's submissions as well.  We have ballots from Paragon, Soris, Godzilla and myself so far.

I have a few I'm saving to submit, but I thought these were worth sharing in the mean time...

Three's a crowd:
    Going Down?:
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:44 am

Ser, I humbly request to join the ranks of Velka's chosen warriors to purge Lordran of the scum whom dare pollute the land of the Gods with their sin. 
    Truly, I am but an humble magician wielding Velka's blessed rapier, and my friend is just a jack of all trades warrior but I believe in a world purged of sinners, of the mighty and numerous Kaathe's Darkstalkers, of the dark hearted selfish humans who lust over another's humanity. 

May my sword serve the God's Will,
    May my catalyst cast cataclysm on the sinners,
    And may my talisman show the Way to the blind.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Very well.  You are here hereby a Messenger of Velka.  Begin by slaying sinners who wish to plunder the treasures of our Goddess and assassinate our allies' Queen in the Painted World.  

Welcome! cheers 
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Aye ser!

I shall be on my way to undelay the inevitable for the scum who dare think sin isn't punished.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Always glad to have another member in our ranks for the covenant. Welcome Vatar!
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:40 pm

I am so very proud of Psycho's continued success. I taught him every trick i knew well enough to teach and to see that he is getting results from them is very fulfilling for a teacher. To this I must hasten to add that his triumphs are his own and I only have influence in their beginnings not in their fruition. In other words:  thumbs up

@Hugh, I must have misread the OP and interpreted it as saying that I was rank 2. My bad on getting it confused blushing
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:56 pm

EotW submission: "BOOM! HEADSHOT!"

So as you can probably guess from the title, someone in this story is gonna get shot in the head... kind of self explanatory really but i digress.

Anyway my story begins in the kiln, invading with my sl 122 Q build. The extra 2 levels are so i can equip at least one pyromancy. I initially planned to equip GC but for some reason I dont have Quelanna on this play thru, so I had to settle for regular combustion. I realized that while using a weapon like the bastard sword, alot of people will try to parry it. My reasoning was that if i end up fighting somebody who like to spam parry, i trick them into parrying so i can hit them with combustion. It doesnt do a whole lot of damage but it works in principle so once i get GC ill be doing more damage.

In addition to a pyromancy glove, plus 15 (no idea where I got it from since quelanna aint around on this playthrough) I also have a +15 composite bow for dealing with mages at a distance. This particular invadee was not a mage of any sort, but I had killed him handily already with a well timed riposte so i decided to mix it up on this second invasion. I would hit him with my sword, combustion, arrows, firebombs, and kicks to keep the fight lively.

As our battle neared its end, I was at the halfway point of my health bar and so decided to finish him with an arrow. So i pulled out my composite bow but instead of locking on to him i accidentally went to manual aim mode. I almost panicked as he ran towards me with his scythe but instead of backing out and dodging I decided to risk taking the hit and so loosed my arrow.

What happened next I had not seen occur in a long time. As everyone knows when you land a headshot on your opponent they stumble backwards regardless of how much poise they have. In this case the headshot was also the killing blow and so instead of simply staggering backwards and falling down, my opponent with an arrow now lodged firmly in his skull spun around forcefully as if he had been slapped silly and fell to the ground with a most comical "flop."

The resulting laughter almost brought me to tears. Tho rather than laughing at my opponents misfortune, rather i laughed at how silly and inane the developers had made this particular animation and at how out of place it seemed in a game so incontrovertibly dark in nature.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:58 am

Well I wanted to play tonight but got hit with a really bad headache so not tonight.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:51 am

No prob, Luvz.

------ 

I witnessed our sister in arms the Lady of the Darkling claim an ear.  I didn't help at all, either!  From the spawn point in the great hall and saw a white on the stairs before the boss room.  The one part about dark Anor Londo I still hate is taking on ganks in the great hall.  It's just too easy for two people to get a BS in there.  So, I literally pulled out my binoculars and stood there and looked at them (I was able to spot the host with the zoom) for quit some time.  I also tinkered with my setup -- it's a brand new build and and I've got a few different ways to set it up.  

They eventually come towards me and I retreat to the moving staircase.  The Darkmoon Knightess is alive of course, so they pull up short as to not aggro her like it's a titanite Demon or something.  Look Skyward   More gesturing, more binoculars, more tinkering (this time I start looking for gestures to send back and organizing them so they're where I want them).  The white comes forward after a while (after failing to hit me with the avelyn rolling eyes  ) and the host engages the LotD.  I put on SLB and the white makes a 180.  I go to chase him, he kinda turns just to turtle and waste time, not really engage... then out of nowhere: TARGET DESTROYED! ...ok Shrug  I ran the white down and BSed him.  I either didn't get to him quick enough or he had like 3 HP.  Because right after I BSed him, his HP vanished and so did he. silly

That was kinda weird, but this deserved its own thread.

-----

Hope you feel better tomorrow, Soris.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm ready for my next mission.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:11 pm