Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
WaffleGuy
SirArchmage
Derpwraith
7 posters

May begin a Level 1 playthrough on New Game+7

Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

May begin a Level 1 playthrough on New Game+7 Empty May begin a Level 1 playthrough on New Game+7

Post by Derpwraith Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:42 pm

The online in Dark Souls has become extremely boring to me so I may turn to PvE and start doing challenges, starting with NG+7.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

May begin a Level 1 playthrough on New Game+7 Empty Re: May begin a Level 1 playthrough on New Game+7

Post by SirArchmage Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Might I suggest doing one-life playthroughs? Always makes the mistakes you do a thousand times more serious when if you happen to look away for half a second and fall off a ledge, you suddenly lose the character you've been working on for the last 7 hours. Makes for some........Very, very annoying times. Like one time I died from being hit by a skeleton while in mid-air when I was doing the Catacombs skip, and lost my level 60 character.......It sucked. But brought back the passion I had for the game when I first played it. Have only managed to get through the game without dying once, and that was with a mage character that I spent a bit of time grinding with.

I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to do a one-life mode on a level one character in NG+7........but, if you do it, congrats. Can't give much advice for it except use a crossbow and use pyros from around a corner, so you can lob a great fireball and they can't hit you.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

May begin a Level 1 playthrough on New Game+7 Empty Re: May begin a Level 1 playthrough on New Game+7

Post by WaffleGuy Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:56 am

Or like a samurai build with low life (one shot kills) and the Iaito? Just giving ideas silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Or, perma-gravelorded?
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:45 am

SirArchmage wrote:Might I suggest doing one-life playthroughs? Always makes the mistakes you do a thousand times more serious when if you happen to look away for half a second and fall off a ledge, you suddenly lose the character you've been working on for the last 7 hours. Makes for some........Very, very annoying times. Like one time I died from being hit by a skeleton while in mid-air when I was doing the Catacombs skip, and lost my level 60 character.......It sucked. But brought back the passion I had for the game when I first played it. Have only managed to get through the game without dying once, and that was with a mage character that I spent a bit of time grinding with.

I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to do a one-life mode on a level one character in NG+7........but, if you do it, congrats. Can't give much advice for it except use a crossbow and use pyros from around a corner, so you can lob a great fireball and they can't hit you.
    Make it a hypered toon big grin
    Blasarius Yonder

Post by Blasarius Yonder Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:36 pm

My suggestion is to go with your original suggestion, op.  For anyone up to it, making it through NG+infinity with a base-level character is the perfect challenge.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Assuming you're on PC it's easy to do. I don't think we're allowed to discuss how though.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

ScottyDoesKnow wrote:Assuming you're on PC it's easy to do. I don't think we're allowed to discuss how though.
    Correct.  But, you certainly are allowed to post videos of you doing the run with NG +7 and base SL.  Even better if you post videos with commentary.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:30 am