Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Aigaios
Sneezer
AnimeRamen
Carphil
The Letter X
Soul of Stray Demon
XuitusTheGreat
11 posters

greatswords

Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

greatswords - Page 2 Empty Re: greatswords

Post by Aigaios Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:46 pm

That is because a traditional Zweihänder is also surprisingly light were as the Zweihänder in Dark Souls is really heavy, the weight in Lordran is similar to our kilograms and were a normal Zweihänder is around 3 kg the one in Dark Souls is 10kg.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:54 pm

None the less. The zweihänder is a heavy sword. Not as heavy as it is often tought to be, but much heavier than, say, a broadsword. The average scottish broadsword weighted in at about 1.1 Kg. A zweihänder is almost 3 times that.

The point i was trying to make is that... Uh... I don't really know. confused
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Aigaios wrote:That is because a traditional Zweihänder is also surprisingly light were as the Zweihänder in Dark Souls is really heavy, the weight in Lordran is similar to our kilograms and were a normal Zweihänder is around 3 kg the one in Dark Souls is 10kg.
    Is the weight unit in Dark Souls confirmed to be in kilos? I've always figured that it was in pounds which would make most weights rather accurate.
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:31 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Awesome! You have the life I ever wanted big grin
    Sorry for double posting.

Swords are available for purchase to most countries in the world. If you've got the interest to save some money up for it you can have a go at it too. Two-handed swords aren't suitable for partner practicing anyway, aside from going slow without power for strategic practice. Most of the training is going to be solo. happy
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:15 pm

^ What they said!

Swords are surprisingly cheap. You can get a katana with a differentally hardened 1095 spring steel blade for 300 bucks. And a big, sturdy zweihänder doesn't cost much more.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Montante wrote:
    Carphil wrote:

Swords are available for purchase to most countries in the world. If you've got the interest to save some money up for it you can have a go at it too. Two-handed swords aren't suitable for partner practicing anyway, aside from going slow without power for strategic practice. Most of the training is going to be solo. happy
    I'm definitely interested, I researched a bit about it but its seems to be a very unsual hobby where I live, sadly. However, after moving from my parents house I'll try to purchase them for training. But If I travel to europe next year, I'll try to take the opportunity and buy it happy

Sorry for the Off Topic 
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:57 pm

Carphil wrote:
    I'm definitely interested, I researched a bit about it but its seems to be a very unsual hobby where I live, sadly. However, after moving from my parents house I'll try to purchase them for training. But If I travel to europe next year, I'll try to take the opportunity and buy it happy

Sorry for the Off Topic 
    Yeah, I'm sorry for going off topic too. Hit me up on the chat some time, we can talk more there.
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Montante wrote:
    Carphil wrote:

Sorry for the Off Topic 
    Here's a good website to visit if planning on getting a sword. There's a ton of reviews and useful tips on the site itself. And the forum is  full of awesome and helpful people.
    Sorry about continuing the Off Topic  . But i felt it will propably be somewhat helpful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:49 am