Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Quarik
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashen Willowalk
DoughGuy
Fuzzlewhack
DJPSP360
Imarreteet23
Railage
fearandwhiskey
Saturnine Knight
TheGoddessSendell
Wareditor
HughManatee
Greyvedigger
Gravelord hunter
WyrmHero
toq-
Dalampslayer
skarekrow13
callipygias
Glueguy
Emergence
Bcex
Forum Pirate
dominoboy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Brokewilly
Deadmeat95
befowler
LittleLuden
Tolvo
DxV04
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
38 posters

Gravelords UNITE!

Poll

Covenant Name Selection

[ 7 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_lcap18%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_lcap5%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_lcap10%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 20 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_lcap50%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_lcap5%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_lcap12%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 I_vote_rcap [12%] 

Total Votes: 40
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 Empty Re: Gravelords UNITE!

Post by Gravelord hunter Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:56 pm

Ive often contemplated goin further into dex instead of Intel but because gravelord sword scales sooooo badly theirs really no point I'd rather deal big dmg with my gravelord swords dance and dead fast dmg with my sword
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Well see on my GL I have three main weapons, +5 Trident, +5 MLGS, and +15 Ricard's Rapier. I mostly use the rapier, sometimes the trident if I'm feeling goofy, and I save the MLGS for when I'm being ganked to stunlock people.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm sorry 2 say but im not actually a gravelord sad I know thats bad being a tomb lord and all but I just never thought the covenant was really beneficial at all doesn't the target need 2 go find your sign before he can invade? Does it increases the chances of being invaded or increase invasion SL range if it did either of those I would definitely reconsider it. But as it stands now I stick with dark wraiths just so i can easily farm humanity. I feel bad now thou like im disappointing papa nito. Can anyone gimme insight on the benefits of the GL's?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:19 pm

I read in the other wiki that if you increase to rank 2 and 3 it increases the damage of Gravelord Greatsword Dance. I would like to test if this is true.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Well I'll test this then with my GL dance and my many eyes of death haha, tell you guys what I find.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Gravelord hunter wrote:I'm sorry 2 say but im not actually a gravelord sad I know thats bad being a tomb lord and all but I just never thought the covenant was really beneficial at all doesn't the target need 2 go find your sign before he can invade? Does it increases the chances of being invaded or increase invasion SL range if it did either of those I would definitely reconsider it. But as it stands now I stick with dark wraiths just so i can easily farm humanity. I feel bad now thou like im disappointing papa nito. Can anyone gimme insight on the benefits of the GL's?

What sl is your DW? Have you ever actually gravelorded?
    The level restrictions are not really known. It is assumed that it follows the WSS +/- 10% above sl 100 and +/- 10 from 10 to 100. With that said you open up yourself to invaders of all kinds and will be facing a lot of 1 vs 3 at times. Go here are read this:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t1118-gravelord-mechanics#17150

The proof is in the pudding, build an sl 120 and drop and EoD where you see a lot of soul signs. You can also invade someone using a cracked orb then black crystal out and drop and EoD. That person will be cursed and will see your sign.

One more thing. The sign does move with you. In case you did not know.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:31 pm

It follows the WSS, I've gotten word back from some who have used my sign and every single one was very close to my level, in fact I found if I levelled up three levels at one point I lost all of my previous people and had to fight a new group as I was too high of a level for them.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:06 pm

very good to know and to answer your question yes i have spent much time asa gravelord and only left once I was able to become a darkwraith but not before getting the gravelord GREATswords dance and I have heard it improves the damage but by how much i wonder
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:05 am

Being a Gravelord is really rewarding because it is potentially one of the hardest covenants to rank up in. Also it feels really good to know that have made it so that another player has been forced to leave thier world to try to get you to remove all the BP's you sent their way.

Also guys whats everyones opinion on the Nito Sword thingy he gives you. not the Sword Dance but the actual blade. Is it good? Worth putting stats into? Builds for it at a low SL?
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:50 am

I have talked alot about my beloved sword where others see low scalling I just see little need to invest points giving you freedom to spend souls on other more important stats. Thats only the first of its benefits. It also deals toxic dmg (yes toxic not poison, wyrm can contest 2 that, trying 2 use a purple moss clump after slicing him 2-3 times) lol AND im not done there, its reach is far especially when using its R2 attack (shish kabobs anyone?) With base stats at +5 i have 444 AR (for some reason the dmg increased recently although i have never touched my strength and dex stats since acheiving 24/13 I wonder why this is). I am still far from done. Its speed also seems to be faster than the murakumo not sure if this is true but its dmg+ its speed give it great stun locking potential. All in all so far in this game the gravelord sword is my #1 weapon looks cool deals toxic dmg and can stun lock properly truly an undervalued weapon. However if you are interested in the weapon i suggest not leveling your strength past 24 and dex past 13 as this will provided you with very little bonus AR. I suggest all should try it out to see if you like it, most do not but i <3 it more than i <3 BS

I also plan to be using it at SL120 SL98 atm but I will never give up this weapon

Last edited by Gravelord hunter on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:16 am

It is a good weapon, you can dead angle with it, it's great for following Poise Bs Fishers so you can then stagger them away while toxining them. Decent damage, against numbers really don't matter. Animations are far more important if you ask me. Pretty much as he's mentioned, also be careful about talking about the BS cancel glitch Lord, I've been told not to talk about it by Baal so you should probably edit out the line about that.

I still prefer a Murakumo, but the GLS actually has parts of the same move set, so switching between them isn't too hard for me.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:43 am

Thanks for letting me known and yeah murakumo is often regarded being a better version of the GLS but doesn't look as cool imo
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:05 am

I don't really think there is a "better" weapon in all honesty because of animations and move sets. As well as dead angling. I prefer the Murakumo, but I don't think it is better. I just like the feel of it better. It's the same with while I think Scythes are beasts, I just hate the feel of using one.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:09 am

you've definitely got the right mind set, in reality their is no best weapon its all a matter of opinion. I feel as thou the weapons in this game are all fairly balanced it depends more on the player than his tool of choice
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:12 am

It is always suprising how weapons can be used in game. Such as with a Longsword it is hard to chase, but as I've noticed it's great for getting side rollers. If a person is going to dodge I R2, then as they move I angle to where they will land and the hit strikes there. The damage isn't great but for duels I enjoy them quite a bit. I wouldn't use them in the forest because of the fact that a person can run away and flask, but for duels I think they are a bit under appreciated. Their reach is a bit meh, but they can deal decent damage and have benefits against roll and poke players. Another one that is sometimes overlooked is halberds, I simply love them. They appear sluggish, but are very deceptive.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:21 am

We may have a new member soon and his PSN is badass and perfect for a Gravelord.
    Greyvedigger
    Greyvedigger

Post by Greyvedigger Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:20 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:We may have a new member soon and his PSN is badass and perfect for a Gravelord.

Oh, I wonder who it could be..
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:27 am

Yay +1 for actually joining and not just ignoring me.
    Greyvedigger
    Greyvedigger

Post by Greyvedigger Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:42 am

Hah, I'd been debating joining Gravelords for a while. After that one sided completely fair PvP match I figured why not? I've got nothing to lose silly.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:46 am

LOL yeah but I think i messaged you to try to find out what weapon to use that would match yours. Maybe it was someone else. Anywho if GLing in the Parish you need to expect griefers as the Spirits of Vengeance. When you proved not to be a griefer I thought given your name you should join us instead.
    Gravelord hunter
    Gravelord hunter
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gravelord hunter Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:50 am

Noxus was the first tomblord silly Welcome to our deadly family
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:30 am

Praise the Gravelord! It's always a good day when the Gravelord army grows. Welcome!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Welcome Greyvedigger
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Were getting stronger. Its at this point I would like with, DxV04's endorsement as well as everyone elses, to start working on our name.

I personally like something including the term Heralds or Harbingers or something like that/ Of course we could also go for a simple name life some of you guys mentioned before like the Gravelord Army or The Really Nito Guys (this one made me laugh, props Tolvo).

Whadda we all think about this?
    HughManatee
    HughManatee

Post by HughManatee Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm in.
    Dex / Faith build will hit 120 tonight.

Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 3022602407 Looking forward to offering my jolly cooperation in spreading the curse Gravelords UNITE! - Page 7 3022602407

As for a name, my vote goes to Gravelords are Nito

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:46 pm