Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Quarik
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashen Willowalk
DoughGuy
Fuzzlewhack
DJPSP360
Imarreteet23
Railage
fearandwhiskey
Saturnine Knight
TheGoddessSendell
Wareditor
HughManatee
Greyvedigger
Gravelord hunter
WyrmHero
toq-
Dalampslayer
skarekrow13
callipygias
Glueguy
Emergence
Bcex
Forum Pirate
dominoboy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Brokewilly
Deadmeat95
befowler
LittleLuden
Tolvo
DxV04
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
38 posters

Gravelords UNITE!

Poll

Covenant Name Selection

[ 7 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_lcap18%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_lcap5%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_lcap10%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 20 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_lcap50%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_lcap5%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_lcap12%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 I_vote_rcap [12%] 

Total Votes: 40
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Gravelords UNITE! - Page 10 Empty Re: Gravelords UNITE!

Post by DxV04 Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks for saving tolvo now I am going to watch some semi nude dancers silly hahaha
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:44 pm

This just in, there is a way to resize images. silly

I assume it says, "You don't say?" And there is a reason I don't watch Jersey shore, or rather 691 reasons I do not...That wasn't a made up number.

So any other name ideas, if we are looking for names that stick out let's definitely try and stick away from obvious ones where we won't get high up there. Lich Kings, Crypt Keepers, and Knights of Death.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:48 pm

dude that indian in the game was like a ninja. he had the same attack that shinobi used!! I am glad I never saw that game man it looks super hard. bounce

Oh i saw cormando walking out with the girl you talking about.. ahh nothing questionable about that! LOL
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:02 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:Ok my 5 cents regarding the name. I apologize before hand if I seem too hard headed about this.

I think is very important to have the name Gravelord in it. I want people who are not part of the covenant and are not part of this forum to know by the title that this IS the place for gravelord and gravelord techniques and events.

If for example we use a name like Dominus De Miseria or something that does not have the Gravelord name in it we will miss a lot of people or a lot of people will miss us. Not good IMO. Because if we are not visible potential gravelords might never decide to join the covenant or go to other places for gravelording action and info.

Should I throw down a massive capital locked (GRAVELORD USER COVENANT) next to the cov name on the new thread?

I don't think that is necessary. If someone googles gravelord our group should come up in the results it is all I am saying.

Okay I would have the slightest clue on how to get that to happen. The best I can thisnk of is to start a heck of a lot of chatter on lots of forums and such that is about Gravelords and mention this group in the OP.

When you want to know about something you just google it right? If you want to know about ferraris you put the word ferrari in the search bar.
    You don't put the letter F hoping you get ferrari.

Do you see what I am talking about now?

I am waiting for your reply.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:16 am

I gotcha i was over thinking it and thought about how we could ensure that we appeared in the top few results for a search.
    Wareditor
    Wareditor
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Wareditor Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:51 pm

I am interested in joining... I have got a new DEX / FTH build that can be used for that happy
    Is there any lore behind this gravelord "elite" ?

My PSN : God-of-Dream
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey!

I only just joined this forum (thanks to Tolvo on youtube!) but happened to notice this thread and it sounds awesome. I've been GLings primarily in New Londo, ToG and (mostly) DG for a while now and I love it but it can be frustrating as hell some days winking My build is str/fth but needs some work to be better against gangs, haha. Advice would always be welcome. Would love to be a part of this anyway. Glad it exists.

PSN izz-_-6
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:46 pm

So after trying to GL in the Painted World no one invaded me. @ SL 120 the Painted World seems kind of slow for invasions....
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:10 pm

Welcome Sendell, I'm very glad to see you decided to check the forums out. Which exact type of advice are you looking for in regards to Gravelording? Duelling, 1v2-3, situational? I'm kind of a planner of sorts so I love to think up tactics haha.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Welcome Wareditor and GoddessSendel Praise the Gravelord!! I am on Xbox but Viral is on PS3. I hope we will participate together on all Gravelording events.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:12 pm

WyrmHero wrote:So after trying to GL in the Painted World no one invaded me. @ SL 120 the Painted World seems kind of slow for invasions....

Wyrm, painted world has been hit or miss for me. What spot did you pick to stand so others could see your sign?

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:42 pm

Yup welcome guys to the Gravelords movement we are proud to have you guys here (more members, more I say ,MORE!) here you can post advice, ask for advice, throw down any thing Gravelordy, and share so awesome stories from your time as a GL.

At the moment the poll is up for the name of the Cov (you can run through the last 30sih posts to find out about it and ranks and such, and with any good ideas don't heasitate to post).

As for the lore of this covenant I don't think we have anything yet, though if you guys wanted to have a story behind this group I'm sure I can make one up. It would just be easier if we had the name down as a guideline for that.

Welcome all to a rapidly growing alliance of Gravelords, as far as I know this is the first to be organised properly.

Praise the Gravelord and remember that Papa Nito loves you.cheers
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:12 pm

I waited hidden near the non-aggro ball head hollow near the bonewheels, the one that gives you fire surge.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:14 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I waited hidden near the non-aggro ball head hollow near the bonewheels, the one that gives you fire surge.

Why did you choose to hide? You do realize you are also hiding your sign and therefore not one can see it. If no one can see it no one will invade you except DWs and DMs who do not give you Eyes of Death.

Remember you must be in a high traffic area since you are the sign (the sign moves with you)

Edit:
    If you want to hide and just spread misery and do not expect invaders then you can do hide. But if you are expecting SoVs then what a Gravelord should do is while in human form look for summoning signs on the ground. There where you find the WSS and RSS there is where you drop your Eye of Death. Those summon signs are your victims.

Last edited by DxV04 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:20 pm

Well I wanted to summon BP bonewheels into the other players worlds. How do I know it is working?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:26 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Well I wanted to summon BP bonewheels into the other players worlds. How do I know it is working?

Wyrm, it sounds to me that this is the first time you gravelorded.

The location of the map is not important. The world you curse will be cursed no matter what area of the current world you are in.

These are the basics.

1. Must be human
    2. Area boss must be alive
    3. Must be within WSS summoning range
    4. Must be in a high traffic area(for sign to be visible to others)
    5. Must not run all over the place (stand or walk in a small area because sign follows you)
    6. Hope that an infected player chooses to invade.

There is no way to know who is infected. It is working no doubt, but there is no way to know.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:33 pm

Yeah that was my first time Gravelording haha. I was in the Painted World today with some initiates and there isn't much activity in terms of invasions (I was a host, SL 120). Is 120 too high for PW?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:35 pm

I find that throwing your sign down in a place either at the start of a level/ near a bonfire or mid way through in one of those areas that people always have to pass through are the best locations.

As DvX04 said (its in one of the threads on Gravelording) using a white soapstone as a monitor will tell you when an enemy is coming or if the curse is dropping in someone elses world (when the Wss fades out for 10 ssec or something like that).

Also a player has to use a bonfire in their world to spawn the BP's or die if im not mistaken.

If you did throw your sign down in the painted world try putting it just infront of the bonewheel area. If a person ignores your sign and tries to press on they would most probably die. Thus putting the sign just infront of them gives them reason to try to invade you.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:38 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Yeah that was my first time Gravelording haha. I was in the Painted World today with some initiates and there isn't much activity in terms of invasions (I was a host, SL 120). Is 120 too high for PW?

If you plan to gravelord and get PvP out of it you must follow the directions.

120 is the organized PvP level so people might not want to join you because they are there to PvP with friends.

I dont' really know. For questers 120 is too high. I did gravelord at sl 60 and had good success. So maybe for gravelording 120 in painted world is to high but I can't be certain.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:40 pm

Wrym, is the character you are using part of the gravelord covenant?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:43 pm

Yeah
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:43 pm

Ran out EoDs btw.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:44 pm

Well, tell me what was the new location you used to spread misery? Where did you stand? Also, if I had my PS3 I could give you more but I don't have one yet.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:54 pm

I did it just one time, as I only got 1 EoD. If I wanted to spread misery to other worlds I want the BPs to have effect on the players, that's why I hid. Don't know if it worked though. If the BPs kill someone do I get EoDs???
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:57 pm

Tolvo wrote:Welcome Sendell, I'm very glad to see you decided to check the forums out. Which exact type of advice are you looking for in regards to Gravelording? Duelling, 1v2-3, situational? I'm kind of a planner of sorts so I love to think up tactics haha.

Thank you very much happy My biggest problem is 1v2-3 for sure. Usually SoVs are very well behaved, especially in UB and DG, but I very often end up in awkward combinations of red and blue. The other day I had one main opponent in giants with a lightning zwei, another constantly behind me spamming dark hand, and one more who kept jumping around doing nothing but distracting me, haha. I noticed your tag, so I'll give that a read. Guess I'm just curious what kinds of builds people favour for dealing with multiple enemies. I've done my time in Darkmoon so I should know, but I don't always have the time to work on perfect strategies. The best I have right now is karmic justice/RTR which causes a few surprises... before I get overwhelmed anyway haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:07 am