Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Quarik
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashen Willowalk
DoughGuy
Fuzzlewhack
DJPSP360
Imarreteet23
Railage
fearandwhiskey
Saturnine Knight
TheGoddessSendell
Wareditor
HughManatee
Greyvedigger
Gravelord hunter
WyrmHero
toq-
Dalampslayer
skarekrow13
callipygias
Glueguy
Emergence
Bcex
Forum Pirate
dominoboy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Brokewilly
Deadmeat95
befowler
LittleLuden
Tolvo
DxV04
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
38 posters

Gravelords UNITE!

Poll

Covenant Name Selection

[ 7 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_lcap18%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_lcap5%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_lcap10%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 20 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_lcap50%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_lcap5%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_lcap12%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 I_vote_rcap [12%] 

Total Votes: 40
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Gravelords UNITE! - Page 11 Empty Re: Gravelords UNITE!

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:58 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I did it just one time, as I only got 1 EoD. If I wanted to spread misery to other worlds I want the BPs to have effect on the players, that's why I hid. Don't know if it worked though. If the BPs kill someone do I get EoDs???

No you don't get anything. The only way you get EoDs is if they invade you via the gravelord sign. They would come up as Spirits of Vengance, blue in color. However, beware that DMs will come in as SoVs also. You can know for sure when a SoV invades through your sign when they die and yield and EoD.

Last edited by DxV04 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks for the info Dx.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:01 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Thanks for the info Dx.

My pleasure bro. Next time you want to gravelord and I have my PS3 we will do it together so you can get more experience in it. But maybe by then you will have mastered it already.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm always for a good spreading of plague. When I get my 120 to the painted world for the Lifehunters intitiation I'll give you 9 of my EoD's of you to keep the plague a spreading.

I also figure that once you start a decent GL sesssion and see that one EoD turn into 5 there will be no going back for you.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:27 am

TheGoddessSendell wrote:

Thank you very much happy My biggest problem is 1v2-3 for sure. Usually SoVs are very well behaved, especially in UB and DG, but I very often end up in awkward combinations of red and blue. The other day I had one main opponent in giants with a lightning zwei, another constantly behind me spamming dark hand, and one more who kept jumping around doing nothing but distracting me, haha. I noticed your tag, so I'll give that a read. Guess I'm just curious what kinds of builds people favour for dealing with multiple enemies. I've done my time in Darkmoon so I should know, but I don't always have the time to work on perfect strategies. The best I have right now is karmic justice/RTR which causes a few surprises... before I get overwhelmed anyway haha.

Builds I'm not all that handy with, but in the PvP section you can post and ask questions about designing builds, Blaine and some of the others are definite beasts when it comes to creating PvP characters and placing stats.

Most of my ideas and tactics can be found in the thread in my signature, it has a plethora of information really. I'd rather not clutter things up too much with plans for dealing with multiple opponents, so instead I always just link people to that thread.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:30 am

I'm surprised how quickly they churn out new build. It would be best to ask them as Tolvo said as they really know their stuff.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:31 am

Tolvo wrote:
    TheGoddessSendell wrote:

Thank you very much happy My biggest problem is 1v2-3 for sure. Usually SoVs are very well behaved, especially in UB and DG, but I very often end up in awkward combinations of red and blue. The other day I had one main opponent in giants with a lightning zwei, another constantly behind me spamming dark hand, and one more who kept jumping around doing nothing but distracting me, haha. I noticed your tag, so I'll give that a read. Guess I'm just curious what kinds of builds people favour for dealing with multiple enemies. I've done my time in Darkmoon so I should know, but I don't always have the time to work on perfect strategies. The best I have right now is karmic justice/RTR which causes a few surprises... before I get overwhelmed anyway haha.

Builds I'm not all that handy with, but in the PvP section you can post and ask questions about designing builds, Blaine and some of the others are definite beasts when it comes to creating PvP characters and placing stats.

Most of my ideas and tactics can be found in the thread in my signature, it has a plethora of information really. I'd rather not clutter things up too much with plans for dealing with multiple opponents, so instead I always just link people to that thread.

Didn't want this to get lost on the last page haha.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:46 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Also a player has to use a bonfire in their world to spawn the BP's or die if im not mistaken.

Well actually this is one of the remaining mysteries of this covenant. I have read accounts where the BP's materialize in front of a player. In fact I was in private chat with a friend when it happened to him in the moonlight butterfly part of the forest.

However, I has not happened to me yet. The only times I saw them was after visiting a bonfire. However, one time I saw a gravelord sign on the ground and went to look for them and they were there with out me visiting the bonfire so maybe that time they did materialize but I was not there to witness it.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:49 am

DxV04 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Also a player has to use a bonfire in their world to spawn the BP's or die if im not mistaken.

Well actually this is one of the remaining mysteries of this covenant. I have read accounts where the BP's materialize in front of a player. In fact I was in private chat with a friend when it happened to him in the moonlight butterfly part of the forest.

However, I has not happened to me yet. The only times I saw them was after visiting a bonfire. However, one time I saw a gravelord sign on the ground and went to look for them and they were there with out me visiting the bonfire so maybe that time they did materialize but I was not there to witness it.

Agreed. One victim who invaded me yesterday sent me a message asking me what the hell I did to his game. He told me that a massive Red Tower Knight assaulted him just after he'd finished with the regular Tower Knight ( which had taken a huge chunk out of his estus supplies).

I just sat there and laughed for a good five minutes. He killed me during that time but hell it was just priceless.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:10 am

Looks to me like our top contenders for the Covenant name are the Gravesworn and Graveborn woth three votes a piece.

I may have made a terrible mistake by leaving the poll on indefinately. That wasn't my intention and I don't know if I can change it.
    Saturnine Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saturnine Knight Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:51 am

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, I certainly didn't see it anywhere, but another way to exit Gravelording is to drop your white summon sign, then be summoned. I tried having both my GL and WSS up at the same time, and the GL didn't get any hits, but after I came back from the WSS, I found I was no longer surrounded by a dark aura.

Take that for what you will.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:58 am

Saturnine Knight wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned before, I certainly didn't see it anywhere, but another way to exit Gravelording is to drop your white summon sign, then be summoned. I tried having both my GL and WSS up at the same time, and the GL didn't get any hits, but after I came back from the WSS, I found I was no longer surrounded by a dark aura.

Take that for what you will.

Thank you for your information. If you go to the Sticky Gravelord Instructions: How to properly spread misery. You will find that you can also get rid of you aura by:

Quitting and reloading
    Using a homeward bone or homeward miracle
    Using a cracked orb
    Or dying.

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:05 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Looks to me like our top contenders for the Covenant name are the Gravesworn and Graveborn woth three votes a piece.

I may have made a terrible mistake by leaving the poll on indefinately. That wasn't my intention and I don't know if I can change it.

Hey Viral, I just complicated your poll twisted lol! I think you can change the duration of the poll but I am not sure.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:50 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:

I'm pretty sure I didn't sit at the bonfire when you gravelorded my forest. Also, when you do get your ps3, friend me there. I usually have eyes since I farm the baselisks on my runs through the Depths. Plus it's fun to be gravelorded. happy
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:47 am

Lol someone brought back the Dominus Gravis/ Miseria (btw what does that even mean in latin?)

Dominus- Domaination, Dominate, Reign, Command, Masters

Gravis- Grave?

Miseria- Misery of course

Domination of the Grave? Reign of the Grave, Masters of the Grave?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:01 am

Reaperfan wrote:Well, I just farmed up Gravelord Servant to +3 on my Faith character to make the best use of the Gravelord Greatsword Dance, may as well sign him up for this. I've always thought they were an interesting covenant, just never had any need to invest in them up until now happy

I only thought about this just now but its a honour to have you your ponyship!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:50 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Lol someone brought back the Dominus Gravis/ Miseria (btw what does that even mean in latin?)

Dominus- Domaination, Dominate, Reign, Command, Masters

Gravis- Grave?

Miseria- Misery of course

Domination of the Grave? Reign of the Grave, Masters of the Grave?

I don't know who added Gravis to it because the only time I suggeted it was here and there is no Gravis to it. It means Lord of Misery. I suggested it as a rank title not as a name for the cov. If I recall you said you like it more as a name for the cov.

Rank 1- 0 Eyes- Resurrected

Rank 2- 20 Eyes Gravelord +1- Gravebound

Rank 3- 40 Eyes Gravelord +2- Channeller of Curses

Rank 4- 75 Eyes Gravelord +3- Dominus de Miseria

Rank 5- 85+ Eyes Gravelord +4- Herald of ______ ( Insert you title here, this Rank will be unique to you as such its subject to request, you simply tell me what you want and poof thats is your title, please make it suitably Gravelordy/ Evil)
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:01 am

In hind sight your way was better now I have no idea how to change the polling situation.

Meh thats how things go.

Edit: While I love how classy it makes us sound most people won't even recognise it as something tied to Nito unless we tell them about it.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:20 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:In hind sight your way was better now I have no idea how to change the polling situation.

Meh thats how things go.

Edit: While I love how classy it makes us sound most people won't even recognise it as something tied to Nito unless we tell them about it.

LOL that's how we learn bro! My first few polls were all messed up. Let me look at my latest poll and see what options we have in changing it.

Now can you elaborate on what you mean by my way was better? I am not sure what you mean.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:27 pm

I can also make a covenant page that would explain everything winking
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:49 pm

No luck, there is nothing that can be done to change short of asking the mods.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:09 am

DxV04 wrote:No luck, there is nothing that can be done to change short of asking the mods.

Or starting a new thread. Which i have done by the way. I've narrowed down the choices to the four which recieved votes and, though this may annoy some voters, changed the Latin Dominus de Miseria to the English Lords of Misery.

I feel this will get us more recognition as Latin is more or less a dead language.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:27 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:No luck, there is nothing that can be done to change short of asking the mods.

Or starting a new thread. Which i have done by the way. I've narrowed down the choices to the four which recieved votes and, though this may annoy some voters, changed the Latin Dominus de Miseria to the English Lords of Misery.

I feel this will get us more recognition as Latin is more or less a dead language.

Thats cool!
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:23 am

Tolvo wrote:I'm pretty sure Broke or Strange is going to set up a thread for the event and possibly get it stickied. So when that time comes I'll post the link in here for everyone to join in on the, "Forest of the Damned," I think is the current name for it.

EDIT: You should definitely talk with Broke, he is sending messages to the GL and Hunters on the Xbox using I believe the book of sinners. I should do the same on the PSN as well, damn do I hate typing using a controller. I really need to buy one of those little keyboard attachment things if they have it on the PS3.

I was playing MH Tri on the Wii, and I wanted to talk to people.

So I bought a wireless keyboard and it works on the 360/PS3 and the Wii.

You could probably find a cheap one for like 15 bucks.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:33 am

Hello gravelorders and spreaders of misery, I have a quick question. Is the Grave Lord Sword any good? I am considering making a new char who is part of the GLs, and i wanted to know if i should center the build around the GLS. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:51 am