Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Quarik
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashen Willowalk
DoughGuy
Fuzzlewhack
DJPSP360
Imarreteet23
Railage
fearandwhiskey
Saturnine Knight
TheGoddessSendell
Wareditor
HughManatee
Greyvedigger
Gravelord hunter
WyrmHero
toq-
Dalampslayer
skarekrow13
callipygias
Glueguy
Emergence
Bcex
Forum Pirate
dominoboy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Brokewilly
Deadmeat95
befowler
LittleLuden
Tolvo
DxV04
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
38 posters

Gravelords UNITE!

Poll

Covenant Name Selection

[ 7 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_lcap18%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_lcap5%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_lcap10%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 20 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_lcap50%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_lcap5%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_lcap12%Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 I_vote_rcap [12%] 

Total Votes: 40
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Gravelords UNITE! - Page 12 Empty Re: Gravelords UNITE!

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:52 am

Yes, you can concentrate in other stats while keeping 24 str and 13 dex.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:53 am

Hmm, we might actually have a wireless keyboard around here somewhere, thanks for the advice.

The GL sword is pretty good in my opinion. It can dead angle, has decent range, decent damage, a toxic effect, and can stunlock.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:01 am

Ok, thank you both.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:03 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:Hello gravelorders and spreaders of misery, I have a quick question. Is the Grave Lord Sword any good? I am considering making a new char who is part of the GLs, and i wanted to know if i should center the build around the GLS. Thank you.

Yes and no.

Yes because it can inflict Toxic, no not poison, TOXIC!

My most recent exeperience with it saw me using it in the right with a talisman in my left with the Sword Dance at the ready. I'd two hand rolling attack them the immeadiately switch to my talisman. They'd run in for the BS and get caught in the swords.

PM Gravelord hunter if you want a full run down of it as he uses it almost exclusively. Or Tolvo. He's great with curved greatswords.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:20 am

I'll probably put it in the secondary right slot. Then i'll whip it out to pressure my opponent, because, cmon, toxic scares the crap out of everybody.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:05 am

Toxic can kill, it is not like poison but I am sure you know that. I also use it as a secondary weapon with a pestilence build I have. I left hand a chaos pike, right hand a large club and switch the the GL sword.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 am

Lol I wish there was a poison upgrade tree. That would be fantastic. Lol you could use Dung Pies in place of titanite. I'm sure if you rub poop on something long enough I'll pick up some pretty nasty diseases.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:10 am

"The Brown Ember.

This Ember is best left at a distance, and can cause weapons to be upgraded to +1-5 for Poison Damage. This ember is a product of Ceaseless Discharge, and not the boss."
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:11 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Lol I wish there was a poison upgrade tree. That would be fantastic. Lol you could use Dung Pies in place of titanite. I'm sure if you rub poop on something long enough I'll pick up some pretty nasty diseases.

haha thats funny, Dellusions pestilence build is the closest to a poison upgrade tree. buff large club, throw poison arrows, then once that effect has been applied. throw dung pies and gravelord sword haha
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:18 am

Tolvo wrote:"The Brown Ember.

This Ember is best left at a distance, and can cause weapons to be upgraded to +1-5 for Poison Damage. This ember is a product of Ceaseless Discharge, and not the boss."

Lol found in Gwyn's old portapotty in Anor Londo
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:20 am

Excuse me, but I'm pretty sure it should be found in the Depths, it's just too fitting. There could even be a spot where there's just a dark ring around it, like nothing even wants to go near it.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Yes! It should be in the giant rat room by its... Err, behind. Then if you give Donhnall enough souls while in the depths he'll tell you all about, and also use lots of vulgar lanugage.
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Haha, brown ember. Love it ❤ I always thought that about a poison upgrade. I use the GL sword, poison pyro etc sometimes but I really like the idea of a proper pestilence build. Regarding gravelord-appropriate setups, I always wished that 'undead rapport' worked differently so you could have minions like Papa Nito. That would be epic.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:32 pm

All right, just made my GL. I ran throught the catycombs and joined the second i got to firelink. So far i've raised my stats so i can one-hand the GLS and my attunment so i can use gravelord sword dance. As of yet i have been hesitant to use EoDs, as i only have three. Anywho, just thought i'd let you know if you wanted to keep a list of GLs or somthing.

Happy plauging to all.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Walked in on a really strange conversation.

I'm here to ask you Gravesworn how come I've played Dark Souls for waaay over 1,000 hours and have only been successfully GL'd twice. Last time was a long time ago, too. Get with the program and spread the nasty!

Do you think I'd have a better chance of being GL'd if my character is one too? Does soul level matter at all? I want to experience these bp skeledogs Sparkly keeps mentioning.
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:All right, just made my GL. I ran throught the catycombs and joined the second i got to firelink. So far i've raised my stats so i can one-hand the GLS and my attunment so i can use gravelord sword dance. As of yet i have been hesitant to use EoDs, as i only have three. Anywho, just thought i'd let you know if you wanted to keep a list of GLs or somthing.

Happy plauging to all.

EoDs are actually very easy to farm if you don't mind doing a few runs in the Depths. Go from the bonfire and through where Kirk appears to the bit where there's a sort of room on two levels. You should get around 8 or 9 frogs and at least 3 or 4 eyes per run with the CGSR and a few humanity. Get the homeward miracle and you can just keep repeating until you're happy happy Obviously getting eyes from SoVs is more fun, but it's nice to have a few to get started.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Plus you can GL down there while doing the runs, I used to do that when I was a low level, farming and GL'ing.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Yeah, i know about the farming, i just havent made it down there yet, as i just beat the bell gaurdians. Thank you for the advice however. big grin
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:36 pm

callipygias wrote:Walked in on a really strange conversation.

I'm here to ask you Gravesworn how come I've played Dark Souls for waaay over 1,000 hours and have only been successfully GL'd twice. Last time was a long time ago, too. Get with the program and spread the nasty!

Do you think I'd have a better chance of being GL'd if my character is one too? Does soul level matter at all? I want to experience these bp skeledogs Sparkly keeps mentioning.

The reason why you have not been gravelorded more often is because there are not enough gravelords playing on a consistent basis.
    We need more gravelords.

Well, if you gravelord with other gravelords then yes you will have a higher chance of seeing BP than if you don't.

Soul level is very important. The EoD has the same range as the WSS (white soap stone). So besides not enough gravelords the range is limited by a stupid decision made at FROM.

If you join then you will add to the misery and the more that join the more misery is spread so please join!

Last edited by DxV04 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:33 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:All right, just made my GL. I ran throught the catycombs and joined the second i got to firelink. So far i've raised my stats so i can one-hand the GLS and my attunment so i can use gravelord sword dance. As of yet i have been hesitant to use EoDs, as i only have three. Anywho, just thought i'd let you know if you wanted to keep a list of GLs or somthing.

Happy plauging to all.

What SL are you. I'll throw about 20 your way ifn's ya wants. You on PSN?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:35 am

DxV04 wrote:
    callipygias wrote:Walked in on a really strange conversation.

The reason why you have not been gravelorded more often is because there are not enough gravelords playing on a consistent basis.
    We need more gravelords.

Well, if you gravelord with other gravelords then yes you will have a higher chance of seeing BP than if you don't.

Soul level is very important. The EoD has the same range as the WSS (white soap stone). So besides not enough gravelords the range is limited by a stupid decision made at FROM.

If you join the you will add to the misery and the more that join the more misery is spread so please join!

\Yeah the 10 or so of use really won't make all the difference but I've PMed the guy hosting the Lure-o-thon about potentially advertising/ reccommending this User cov to all the participants.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:38 am

Yes, i'm on PSN. I'm around 15-20 at the moment, but i should be around sl 30 by tomorrow. That would be super awesome if you could get me some. Even if you cant, however, it is a very kind offer.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:18 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:Yes, i'm on PSN. I'm around 15-20 at the moment, but i should be around sl 30 by tomorrow. That would be super awesome if you could get me some. Even if you cant, however, it is a very kind offer.

I have a similar build but at SL 24 i you could be at the parish at that SL I'll try to summon you and drop the goodies. TBH he's jusy a BBed char who I wanted to try out the Gravelord sword on. Not one I'd consider playing with.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:25 am

Im in lower undead burg at the moment. You cant drop a wss if you defeated the area boss, right? I cant belive i have 300+ hours in Dark Souls and still dont know that. *facepalm*
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:26 am

You can drop a WSS with the area boss dead and be summoned, you only can't summon people if the area boss is dead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:07 pm