Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Tolvo
ChizFreak
Wade_Wilson
Yukon
skarekrow13
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
ViralEnsign_
12 posters

Tell me all you know about Artorias

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Tell me all you know about Artorias - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell me all you know about Artorias

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:26 am

I suggested to Wyrm at one point that his armour could be in the Abyss but no one ever found it because its so hard to navigate.

Also I always suspected the Ciaran and Artorias had something going but after he left she couldn't follow after him.

I also like to think she may have become the Darkmoon Knightess- scarred somehow and unable/ unwilling to face Artorias again she gave herself over to Gwyndolin who gave her armour. (The only reason I assume this is because she uses a thrusting weapons and because I love to go off half cocked and come up with wild fantasies and stories.)

Maybe, if my story has some merit she joing Gwyndolin to either have revenge on the DW's (who scarred her) or Artorias himself who did the deed.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Tell me all you know about Artorias - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell me all you know about Artorias

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:33 am

As much as I hate to make little romatic connections between any sort of fantasy lore, I have to agree there is certainly something about the location of the hornet ring that makes me feel like something was going on between these two.

I always kind of thought they made Artorias grave large as if it were some sort of cover up, but then, maybe its Hawkeyes grave, and Artorias' sword is only present because he left his blessed sword infront of the grave as a farewell to a good friend and a warrior and his former self. As he still has the cursed blade. The blessed sword does say that Sif inherited it I do believe. < / half cocked theory (i can have them too)>

I have also tried navigating the abyss with the sword the covenant ring and cast light spell. I am sure there are invisible walls, because I can only get so far away from kaathe and the bonfire. Perhaps Kaathe cannot be around but.. I dunno. It is impossible to see ANYTHING.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:14 am

Viral I've seen 10:22 part on Epicnamebro's video about the art book many times and Artorias' armor looks like Ornstein's armor but dark in color. The helmet has the same ribbon thingy on the top part of the helmet, and the leggings are like Shiva's Eastern leggings. The helmet looks like the Brass helmet.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:30 am

Its awesome I know but I wonder how it would translate into Dark Souls. Looks like light armour to me.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:49 am

Yeah it does looks light, but you could combine those pieces of medium armor for your build and see. It also gives you safe-zone poise if you are going to use wolf ring. I don't know why the heck they scrapped that armor if it looks so badass, it limits our roleplaying builds with awkward combinations lol.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:47 am

Not to try and be a bit distracting, but it might do some good to take a look at the Darkroot Woods thread. We've had talks about Artorias there as well, so maybe you'll have some ideas on theories of ours regarding him after having a read.

The link is in my signature.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:40 am

And Emergence's thread too. We have Artorias fevah!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:41 am

He is a very popular character after all haha.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 am

I'm getting confused as to which thread I put which wild and crazy theory with semi-reasoned (god I hope anyway) "evidence."

Quick summary to catch me up:

ARTORIAS IS GREAT!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:45 am

I believe Darkroot is where you posted it, but I might have missed something in E's thread.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:59 pm

I have a ton on artorias in E's I think. Plus half my forest findings
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:04 pm

there is a picture of Artorias in the japan collector edition

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=115&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-beta&hs=C88&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&biw=1366&bih=639&tbm=isch&tbnid=pj34-UJpZlt79M:&imgrefurl=http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php%3Fthread_id%3D195381%26start%3D12990&docid=xpqSK_6AITSKBM&imgurl=http://images.eurogamer.net/2011/community/users/5/6/4/9/1/1/user-564911-originalxoriginal-14-01-16.png&w=492&h=498&ei=d3B8T7r0FaOO2wWr-s3DDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=621&vpy=175&dur=307&hovh=226&hovw=223&tx=134&ty=116&sig=110925600428969865976&page=6&tbnh=149&tbnw=145&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:115,i:91
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Lol, that looks like something off of warhammer, but I agree that I think he wears heavy armour, just WOW LOOK AT THOUGH MANLY PAULDRONS!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Yeah that seems to have gottten missed up with a Chaos Lord. Not that I'm complaining. If I could run around Lordran in CSM armour I would be ready to die.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:19 am

Yeah Artorias may be a mystery but I don't think he'd just rack some Chaos Lords get up. Lol for anyone who knows anything about Warhammer that pick is immeadiately obvious.

Back to Artorias.

A large proportion of people suspect that Ciaran had something to do with Artorias Death.

Or even if he died at all in the traditional sense.

\
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:09 am

Something I heard today when talking with Andre is that he says that every adventurer that goes to the grave of Artorias has not returned. Then I remember all the swords in Artorias grave, and yeah, it seems.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 am

Well of course they don't return. It's the perfect scenario. Soliloquy from every warrior ever going there:
    "This door looks important, I wonder where it goes.
    Oh nice, a clearing with some pretty little waterfalls in the distance.
    Seems nice....
    I don't see anything moving, looks safe.
    Hmmm....not much here. Think I'll go check out that giant sword. There's no way I can pick it up or actually take it but a closer look would be nice.
    Hmmm....didn't notice all these little graves at first. Pretty flowers though.
    Wow.....lot's of old swords too. Wonder what that's all about.
    Here we are, giant sword. Looks neat.
    I can't lift it but surely raising my hand in it's general vicinity should be fine.
    AAHHHH.....What's that?
    Awwwww......isn't she cute....here girl....here girl....cuddle time......
    Ummmm.......National Geographic never said anything about wolves and swordsmanship....
    That can't be good.........
    A backflip? Seriously?
    Ok...ok.....I survived that......not cool dog.....what the hell.....
    I can't even hold that thing, I wasn't gonna take it.....I'll just leave now.....
    Now WHAT?
    Why are you spinning like the Tasmanian Devil? Really?
    Oh ok.....there it is. The 'YOU DIED' message. Thanks a lot!"
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 am

I think the endings more like - Crap maybe if I run to the gravestone it can protect me ... huph huph .. ok Im here ... wait, all these swords ... $%^&*^$*&%@$&^$%&%^& *splat*
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:40 pm

Or even the trusty

" I've survived crummy bandits and hunters, freaking trees that jump out of thre ground when I run by to look at the pretty flowers. Even Giants cats that roll about in a ridiculous fashion, but I'm here now in a peaceful clearing.

The only thing that could make this a hundred times worse is some kind of enormous wolf that can back flip..... and uses a massive sword of his long dead master....... OH $%@#!"
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Woah woah woah, what do you mean Crummy? silly

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm kinda crummy at times.....I mean HEY! Not nice
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Tolvo wrote:Woah woah woah, what do you mean Crummy? silly

Figure of Speech?:silent:
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:14 pm

So, I was watching the ENB's lore vids again, specifically the artbook vid. The Artorias we see in the book, I think is after his turning to the Wraiths. His armor is a combination of the brass, ornstein's, the silver/black knight, and the dark sets.

If that's his armor as a wraith, then I'd think as the divine sword (my title for before he became the abyss walker) would be like a mix of brass, ornstein and silver knight.

I WANT THIS ARMOR NOW! It's likely a medium set with properties befitting to what his status was at the time. As the Divine sword, he'd probably have extra protection to occult and magic damage to help deter the wraiths. As the Abyss Walker it'd probably focus entirely on physical, maybe divine too.
    Rockstar2112
    Rockstar2112
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Rockstar2112 Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Linking to some speculation mentioned earlier about Artorias being a jumped up mortal among demi-gods I've had a thought that can probably go off on a pretty wild tangent, and is most likely complete bull. But hey ho, we never know for sure. I'm convinced that you'll be able to find this armour somewhere in the game. There's no way the devs would let armour that cool simply not be in the game, as people were bound to want it. So it's hidden somewhere, maybe in the Abyss, who knows, but here's something to consider: the ring you use to navigate the Abyss is Covenant of Artorias, right? Everyone seems to be presuming therefore that Artorias was a darkwraith. What if we follow the presumption that Artorias went rogue from Gwyn, because he was a jumped up mortal, and formed his own covenant? Perhaps the Four Kings were created before his death and he went to try and kill them using this ring? Yes it's wild, probably stupid speculation as there's a lot of lore to cover and I've not read nearly enough of it yet, but I'm convinced that somewhere there's a hidden area that can be accessed while wearing the Covenant of Artorias. I mean the wall down to the Darkmoon Blades area can only be whacked down while wearing a specific ring, right?

Maybe I'll investigate the world whilst wearing the Covenant of Artorias, try to find something.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:15 pm

I mentioned before in an older post that the size of artoias's grave always made me suspicious. That Perhaps it wasnt really his grave

Well this may be halfcocked, and a little crazy, but consider this: Artorias, was an upstanding knight on the side of gwyn, however he made a pact with the "creatures of the abyss" did Kaathe say something to make this person of unbendable will snap?

The poster above me made me reconsider my former assumption; that maybe hawkeye gogh was the one in the grave and that artorias left his sword "as a farewell to a good friend and a warrior and his former self."

Now disregard that I was messing around and said Hawkeye was under the tombstone. Instead, what if the "Grave of Artorias" is not literal? Instead it is the grave of Lord gwyns follower, Artorias. His former self died when he left the four knights, he left his blessed sword as a farewell to his former self, took up a new sword and became the abysswalker, the cursed Artorias. The grave is a metaphor for transition, and truely empty aside from his blessed greatsword.

Just a bit of speculation...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 am