Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Tolvo
ChizFreak
Wade_Wilson
Yukon
skarekrow13
DoughGuy
WyrmHero
ViralEnsign_
12 posters

Tell me all you know about Artorias

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Tell me all you know about Artorias - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell me all you know about Artorias

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:16 pm

The Darkroot thread covers some of those ideas Yukon.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Tell me all you know about Artorias - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell me all you know about Artorias

Post by Yukon Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Damn you are fast, I couldn't even fine tune my post before you responded. I thought I was following that darkwood thread rather well, but I guess I missed that post! Thanks tolvo.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Sometimes these threads get so filled with information that it's really easy to miss things.

Of course I responded quickly, I always do Mwahahaha!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Rockstar2112 wrote:Linking to some speculation mentioned earlier about Artorias being a jumped up mortal among demi-gods I've had a thought that can probably go off on a pretty wild tangent, and is most likely complete bull. But hey ho, we never know for sure. I'm convinced that you'll be able to find this armour somewhere in the game. There's no way the devs would let armour that cool simply not be in the game, as people were bound to want it. So it's hidden somewhere, maybe in the Abyss, who knows, but here's something to consider: the ring you use to navigate the Abyss is Covenant of Artorias, right? Everyone seems to be presuming therefore that Artorias was a darkwraith. What if we follow the presumption that Artorias went rogue from Gwyn, because he was a jumped up mortal, and formed his own covenant? Perhaps the Four Kings were created before his death and he went to try and kill them using this ring? Yes it's wild, probably stupid speculation as there's a lot of lore to cover and I've not read nearly enough of it yet, but I'm convinced that somewhere there's a hidden area that can be accessed while wearing the Covenant of Artorias. I mean the wall down to the Darkmoon Blades area can only be whacked down while wearing a specific ring, right?

Maybe I'll investigate the world whilst wearing the Covenant of Artorias, try to find something.

I'm also convinced of this. The abyss was also a place that I thought it could have been.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Time for binoculars? Kaathe might laugh at me
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:40 pm

He's already pretty ugly. You should be laughing at him.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Maybe you'll both laugh at eachother? He's a naked old serpent, you're a guy examining a naked old serpent with a pair of binoculars. I know I'd be laughing if you did that to me.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Tolvo do you think we should just copy paste the 2 pages of Artorias stuffin the darkrrotthread to over here?

Heres an idead for you guys to discuss thats I had in the darkroot thread. What if Artorias only pretended to turn from Gwyn. He was actually working with Gwyn the whole time. In the end when New Londo was flooded Artorias stayed in the city keeping the four kings there long enough for the sealers to complete their plan.
    Rockstar2112
    Rockstar2112
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Rockstar2112 Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:47 pm

[Insert joke about naked old serpent and a penis here]
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Lol I followed the Darkroot thread as well.

What were the other Ideas we had in there?

Artorias only pretends to turn from Gwyn, Darkroot is a testing ground to replicate another Artorias character, The grave isn't actually his grave, Ciaran is the corpse behind it, lights in the forest lead to something we haven't found yet.

What else? Did I miss a whole bunch?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:54 pm

If that is the case, it kind of leads to a huge question mark on the hornet ring owner. I think I read it was confirmed she was a female, because the japanese version of the game says so in the item description, so I am going to refer to her.. as her.

So then, if we assume that is infact her body behind his grave what was she doing hiding behind it? This is fully speculation on my part, but if his grave is empty and a metaphor for his leaving the four kings, perhaps Ciaran met with him at the grave and they ended up fighting, since Ciaran was Gwyns spook, it would imply that Gwyn was pissed with Artorias' action and demanded he be killed. Ciaran had to take his orders, but maybe she couldn't do it? Or maybe Artorias bested her? Either way, its clear one of them is dead if we assume the female corpse behind the tombstone is hers.

I also found it REALLY interesting that three of the carim items were found within New Londo, the parry dagger, the red tear ring and the curse bite ring. Carim is very closely associated with dexterity and assassins, every item that comes from them is meant for steath like the sniper bow, the shotel.. I know I am missing one but you get my point. If that is Ciarans body behind the grave, we can assume she was human, possibly like artorias, or maybe she was the only human under employ of the lord gwyn.

Anyway, just bouncing around some thoughts
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 pm

The body holding the Hornet's Ring is resting against the grave curled up in a ball holding it, this would lead me to believe she didn't get killed via combat. With serious injuries a person wouldn't be able to move all of their limbs so well. It is possible someone moved the body, but who, Sif? It is far too recent of a corpse for it to have been here since the origin of the Grave, so this body must have been killed within years. Just some thoughts.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 pm

I liked to think about the possibility of and Artorias Ciaran relationship though due to Artorias making the tough and sacrificial decisions that no one else would. Became the target of Gwyns ire. And while Ciaran was at loathe to do it she saw Artorias as a huge threat to all the Four Knights stood for.

However perhaps the Darkroot forest was where Artorias and Ciaran had thier final confrontation resulting in Ciaran either being so scarred that she left or Anor Londo where she became the Firekeeper (lol this is my own pet theory) or where she killed Artorias who admitted that he had never intended to betray Gwyn and a lovely Romeo and Juliet style suicide scene followed.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 pm

I don't mean to be dismissive, that is a good point, but with the exception of bodies handing over ledges arent they all curled up?

Again, you are probably right there, I didn't consider that.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Most bodies are either slumped against something, or laying with limbs extended actually. I examine every body I find thoroughly, with hawk's ring and Binoculars, fore minutes on end. You can't imagine how weirded out people get when they enter the room to see me scanning the *** of a corpse wearing nothing more than a thong.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:13 am

He is still alive, he left his ring with Sif after making the pact with Kaathe. He doesn't needs it anymore, just like we don't need it after defeating Four Kings. Still thinking Sif is just a representation of his light version unbendable will, guarding the ring from anyone trying to walk the Abyss. Hope the DLC will clarify everything.

Copy/pasted from thread. He'll be the best boss of Dark Souls. It'll be so freaking epic. And after that fight Domnhall will sell you his armor at 100000 souls the piece.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:14 am

WyrmHero wrote:He is still alive, he left his ring with Sif after making the pact with Kaathe. He doesn't needs it anymore, just like we don't need it after defeating Four Kings. Still thinking Sif is just a representation of his light version unbendable will, guarding the ring from anyone trying to walk the Abyss. Hope the DLC will clarify everything.

Copy/pasted from thread. He'll be the best boss of Dark Souls. It'll be so freaking epic. And after that fight Domnhall will sell you his armor at 100000 souls the piece.

I'd like to see a cursed set that you get for beating artorias in a certain way and a holy set for beating him or saving him fromm the dark
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:59 am

You know...Might this mean our toons are cursed by the abyss in a way after fighting the Four Kings? Meaning that we might have to defeat the Four Kings to fight Artorias?
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:56 am

You know...Might this mean our toons are cursed by the abyss in a way after fighting the Four Kings? Meaning that we might have to defeat the Four Kings to fight Artorias?

i sure hope so. this would mean that artorias would have to be more harderer than the four kings in terms of gameplay. cant wait to fight artorias: guy whos like totally stronger than the four kings:bounce:
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:07 am

Yeah I'd like to see Artorias test you in all forms of gameplay. I.e you can't just trash him with an ultra greatsword in a few swings.

He needs to be fast, really powerful, and have a really varied set of attacks (i.e lots of spells, miracles, and a few really sweet sword moves).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 pm