Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
C7081
russiannightmare
Eliteknight
JohnnyHarpoon
DxV04
Dj-B-Man-Jr
d15-149
Zakkia
Scudman_Slayer
LOLRagezzz
14 posters

SL 200 Pvp Ladder, Given any thought?

Poll

Pvp Ladder?

[ 20 ]
    SL 200 Pvp Ladder, Given any thought? I_vote_lcap91%SL 200 Pvp Ladder, Given any thought? I_vote_rcap [91%] 
    [ 2 ]
    SL 200 Pvp Ladder, Given any thought? I_vote_lcap9%SL 200 Pvp Ladder, Given any thought? I_vote_rcap [9%] 

Total Votes: 22
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

SL 200 Pvp Ladder, Given any thought? Empty SL 200 Pvp Ladder, Given any thought?

Post by LOLRagezzz Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:14 pm

I've read a bit from the community that most would not mind a raise in SL cap from the 120 standard. I see attempts at organized gm pvp play but nothing well grounded. Anyway could start a concept fresh at higher SL?

Also DS community, please post any things that YOU PERSONALLY feel should be banned from GM play, TWOP already being one of these.

Just throwing it out there, looking for response.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

SL 200 Pvp Ladder, Given any thought? Empty Re: SL 200 Pvp Ladder, Given any thought?

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:49 pm

it won't be easy i tell you since a lot of people will never try to go up to lvl 200 and they will stay capped at lvl 120
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

SL 200 Pvp Ladder, Given any thought? Empty Re: SL 200 Pvp Ladder, Given any thought?

Post by Zakkia Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:05 am

I have a character now heading up there! I will gladly join in this! Count me in as one of your firsts!
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:37 am

I'm at lvl 230 and finding lots of PvP in the Kiln. I'd be up for something more organized as the 3 on 1 jumps are still fairly common. A serious one on one duel would be more satisfying...
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 am

im up to anything
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:53 am

i've got a lvl 237, would that be too high?
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:00 am

I got 10 slots to play with.. and I have sl 211 (xbox)
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:06 am

OP if you actual manage to get something organized, along with no TWOP, I'd like to see no healing during the duels.

Last edited by d15-149 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 am

d15-149 wrote:OP if you actual manage to get something organized, along with no TWOP, I'd like to see no healing during the duels.

I don't understand why people make such a big deal about healing, weren't people high off their asses from all the grass they chewed in demon's souls? if it's phantom vs phantom where the only ways to heal are humanity or a miracle, why not? its extremely simple to punish as each of those takes time. So even attempting a heal might equal an instant back stab, but if do you manage to heal using those methods, Good job! I'd be more mad at myself for allowing you than anything else!
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:24 am

^I support healing! lol. I dont like getting hit right off the bat and pretty much losing the fight. So, if i have the opportunity i agree that it should be taken.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 am

yeah i heal myself sometimes while dueling but i just stop attacking to let my opponent heal as well
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:28 am

I never stop, I mean. If im winning i expect to finish the kill, however if they get it off its fair game.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:32 am

Exactly! should we try to pass this way of thinking on to the dark souls fight club? I think we should
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:43 am

If its a duel, I don't think there be should be healing simple as that. Maybe its like you said, Dj, in DS, people grassed so much they were practically high...just the idea of it seems kinda weak to me. Yeah you can punish chuggers, but if you are going to duel why would you cheap out and try?! It would be like the invading/summoned phantom using the level's monsters for cover. Is that your idea of dueling?

On regular invasions, I can understand practically any tactic-healing by either party being the least objectionable.

I added my comment about no healing as an after thought to the OP's request on what should be banned/disallowed in his attempts to organize some higher level PvP which I took to mean dueling.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:46 am

^of course. We hope to decide these things as an equal group.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:47 am

I am all in favor of a SL200 cap, but I don't think we should eliminate one in favor of the other. It should be an either or, but I like the existence of both.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:52 am

i don't mind healing in duels really because while they're healing im healing myself too so its just back to square 1 pretty much
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:55 am

d15-149 wrote:If its a duel, I don't think there be should be healing simple as that. Maybe its like you said, Dj, in DS, people grassed so much they were practically high...just the idea of it seems kinda weak to me. Yeah you can punish chuggers, but if you are going to duel why would you cheap out and try?! It would be like the invading/summoned phantom using the level's monsters for cover. Is that your idea of dueling?

On regular invasions, I can understand practically any tactic-healing by either party being the least objectionable.

I added my comment about no healing as an after thought to the OP's request on what should be banned/disallowed in his attempts to organize some higher level PvP which I took to mean dueling.

I see your point, but i was talking about phantom vs phantom dueling. Chugging is sometimes a little fast to punish, but humanity and miracles take time. I was trying to say just allow miracles & humanity for healing, NO chugging NO divine blessings. that way, if someone even thinks about healing, chances are they'll get backstabbed. & if they manage to do so..then that's your fault, even if you cant make it to their back, you can still kick or attack them to cancel the heal. I think those are pretty acceptable healing parameters, don't you?
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:58 am

Scudman_Slayer wrote:i don't mind healing in duels really because while they're healing im healing myself too so its just back to square 1 pretty much

And basically, till the PvP crowd in Demon's Souls instituted a grass limit for duels/tournaments, that is what matches devolved into....a big old moo fest, "cows" munching unlimited grass. To me it is still distasteful to see someone heal in a duel. Just my dos centavos....
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:02 am

d15-149 wrote:
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:i don't mind healing in duels really because while they're healing im healing myself too so its just back to square 1 pretty much

And basically, till the PvP crowd in Demon's Souls instituted a grass limit for duels/tournaments, that is what matches devolved into....a big old moo fest, "cows" munching unlimited grass. To me it is still distasteful to see someone heal in a duel. Just my dos centavos....

i didn't mind on demon's souls due to the fact they would probably need those grasses to survive against enemies (specially red eye knights...)

dark souls its easy to punish yes but if the guy runs away i don't give chase i heal then i chase him down

duels with me is also like this

lagstabed me its not a duel anymore so im healing

and thats pretty much it
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:03 am

Dj-B-Man-Jr wrote:
    d15-149 wrote:If its a duel, I don't think there be should be healing simple as that. Maybe its like you said, Dj, in DS, people grassed so much they were practically high...just the idea of it seems kinda weak to me. Yeah you can punish chuggers, but if you are going to duel why would you cheap out and try?! It would be like the invading/summoned phantom using the level's monsters for cover. Is that your idea of dueling?

I see your point, but i was talking about phantom vs phantom dueling. Chugging is sometimes a little fast to punish, but humanity and miracles take time. I was trying to say just allow miracles & humanity for healing, NO chugging NO divine blessings. that way, if someone even thinks about healing, chances are they'll get backstabbed. & if they manage to do so..then that's your fault, even if you cant make it to their back, you can still kick or attack them to cancel the heal. I think those are pretty acceptable healing parameters, don't you?

Yes, I can see that. Phantom VS Phantom trying to pull off a healing spell or a pop a humanity would be acceptable. Especially if there were limits like in DS, three grass in a tournament was acceptable. But I don't think a limit would actually come into play in this instance. If someone could pull of three healing miracles on you. LOL, you need some practice! happy
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:12 am

Scudman_Slayer wrote:
    d15-149 wrote:

i didn't mind on demon's souls due to the fact they would probably need those grasses to survive against enemies (specially red eye knights...)

dark souls its easy to punish yes but if the guy runs away i don't give chase i heal then i chase him down

duels with me is also like this

lagstabed me its not a duel anymore so im healing

and thats pretty much it

Mind you I'm specifically talking about duels in a tournament type setting. Back when there were a lot of PvP tournaments in DS, there would acutally be judges to determine if lag played a factor in the match. If it was, the judge would call a re-match.

After being in some tournaments, a lot of us just developed a habit of not healing and not being cheap and going for a lag stab once you noticed the latency was in your favor.

Like I said before, I think just about anything should go in a plain old invasion. I have my own way of playing the game and don't lose any sleep on however anyone else plays the game.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:13 am

d15-149 wrote:
    Dj-B-Man-Jr wrote:

Yes, I can see that. Phantom VS Phantom trying to pull off a healing spell or a pop a humanity would be acceptable. Especially if there were limits like in DS, three grass in a tournament was acceptable. But I don't think a limit would actually come into play in this instance. If someone could pull of three healing miracles on you. LOL, you need some practice! happy

Ahah yeahh, glad you see my point big grin and i never played demon's in its prime, i got dark souls first then i learned about demon's, i finally got it and wow.. i missed an awesome game!! 3 grasses a match? yeah thats not that bad..but that probably caused everyone to use dark moon grass right? 3 full heals & status cleanses..must've suckkeedd!! xP
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:16 am

Thanks for the responses!

Glad to see some interest in it, on the healing note I missed out on Demon Souls so from what i've read there was a 3 heal limit? I've always imagined gm pvp as no healing but if I'm the minority I'll hear the community out but understand that when you allow controled healing it can still be abused and is hard to prove for a gm ladder with he said/she said arguments when someone goes over the limit.

So this is aimed at a GM audience, those who enjoy the technicality of DS pvp but are tired of unessicarily cheap 3v1 hijinks. With that said it would be expected of every member to uphold that in ranked ladder duels, what you do outside of the ladder I'm not concerned with, not here to babysit. ^_^

So far banned.

TWOP

Lazy Play( I constitute this as constant attempts to backstab, this ladder is to be about skill with the sticks)

Also I'm keeping a ear out guys, still interested in info/feedback.

Anything else?

Last edited by LOLRagezzz on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:17 am

also they can't run away and hide behind enemies
    thats kind of obvious actually so i don't think i should've even said that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:43 pm