Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
ViralEnsign_
Rynn
Serious_Much
WyrmHero
billy_bayonet
Sunbro4evar
TehInfamousAmos
11 posters

Gods of The Arena ( Player Made Covenant )

KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Gods of The Arena ( Player Made Covenant ) - Page 6 Empty Re: Gods of The Arena ( Player Made Covenant )

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 02, 2012 7:14 pm

i agree with rotten and fire, lightning might be bit of a stretch. with fire you can argue that its tar or keroseane (or some other flammable paste,liquid, material) rotten is poison.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Gods of The Arena ( Player Made Covenant ) - Page 6 Empty Re: Gods of The Arena ( Player Made Covenant )

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 7:19 pm

I feel it's better to just leave fire for Wooden objects.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 02, 2012 7:39 pm

...or buffs alltogether?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Honestly I don't even bother with buffs on most weapons. A lot of the larger weapons don't really get much out of them, other then intimidation. Changing from 1000 to 1300 damage per blow isn't going to make a difference.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 02, 2012 7:44 pm

i think i bought the fire resin all of one time to kill the moonlight butterfly up close and personal.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 7:47 pm

I buy Fire Resin for the depths, the slimes particularily. I use the Gold Pines from the games start on the Taurus, Gargoyles, and Qualagg.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 02, 2012 7:50 pm

speaking of which, is there only a set number of gold pine resins in the game?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm

no, they can be farmed from the giant shrooms in the forest
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 02, 2012 7:54 pm

No, but they must be farmed.
    3 from a chest.
    3 can be bought.
    the large mushrooms in darkroot forest drop 1 resin about 50% of the time, and 2 10% of the time. Tiny mushrooms drop then 10% of the time too.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Wed May 02, 2012 7:56 pm

"large mushrooms"

oh boy, time to step in the ring...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 1:19 am

http://tinyurl.com/78c2ntl
    Is this build technically against the rules?
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu May 03, 2012 1:21 am

Rynn wrote:http://tinyurl.com/78c2ntl
    Is this build technically against the rules?

its...different for a gladiator.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 am

I know gladiators on the field used to use a spear in the offhand sometimes, so they could keep one foe at bay while fighting another. Ornsteins is the longest, so I wish to use it... yet it does do lightning damage.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu May 03, 2012 1:26 am

Pike is your next best bet... unless there is a better middle ground spear.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 1:29 am

I've got another interest in this particular spear honestly...
    Frankly it's just overpowered. I've never beaten someone who two hands this weapon, it's got too much range, it's got too much damage -for- it's range, and it's just *** up.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu May 03, 2012 1:31 am

yeah... but my inner immersion nerd cant get past the lightning damage haha. whatever works for you i guess
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 1:57 am

http://tinyurl.com/7r3yp25
    This build would be fun too, and fit our theme.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Technically did a cop-out here... I switched to the DWGR so I can get a bit more poise for better hammer time. In addition, my rolling attack looks awkward with the fast roll, I don't think it was designed for use on chars below 25% weight... however the animation looks perfectly okay with the DWGR. Aesthetically it's more pleasing. I changed to the big hat expressly because I'm insane, and really like how the hat looks. It manages to make nearly any build look like the person is just really annoyed at you.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu May 03, 2012 12:25 pm

I thought the idea of this cov was to get away from min/maxing and being squishy/easy to kill. Am I being too critical here?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 12:52 pm

KomradDakka wrote:I thought the idea of this cov was to get away from min/maxing and being squishy/easy to kill. Am I being too critical here?
    I thought the idea was just having no magic... I'm liking the gladiator theme quite a lot.
    Here is my final build edit.
    http://tinyurl.com/85qyym7
    The Sanctus represents a fighters ability to slowly gather his wits during a battle.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu May 03, 2012 1:14 pm

I don't mean to make offence, its a cool build though, the sanctus looks like it fits in too, kinda like the eagle shield in patterns, I might have to get one for myself!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Right, I was talking with our PSN leader, and he is fine with the Sanctus, since he agree's with my explanation on why it could be passed as a non-magical effect. I had been saying I'd use the Grass Crest Shield... but it seems too blatantly magical.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu May 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Rynn wrote:Right, I was talking with our PSN leader, and he is fine with the Sanctus, since he agree's with my explanation on why it could be passed as a non-magical effect. I had been saying I'd use the Grass Crest Shield... but it seems too blatantly magical.

alright, cool. how viable is just fisticuffs for pvp? (caestus +5, +10 etc) knocking someone out would probably the most satisfying kill... :p
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Not viable at all. The Dragon Fist is the best glove, ringing in at 380 damage... Caestus is 337, claws don't fare much better.
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by KomradDakka Thu May 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Rynn wrote:Not viable at all. The Dragon Fist is the best glove, ringing in at 380 damage... Caestus is 337, claws don't fare much better.

so i figured, itll work well for my "I always need help" frail monk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:25 pm