Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Shkar
JoeBroski09
6 posters

Dark Souls Lore Video #1 is up!

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dark Souls Lore Video #1 is up! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls Lore Video #1 is up!

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 2:21 pm

*sigh* the reason I asked for help in the Lore Videos is because I don't know much, because I suck at memorization unless it's science or math. Neither of which, sadly, has much to do with DkS lore. I only know of one person who's black hair was so important, it was put into an item description. (Personally, I heard a theory that the Crow is Velka and I quite like it haha!)

Thus... I don't know. I should try to find out, though. And I shall!.. I may not get it.

And WhatDoesThePendantDo, thanks! You rock for wanting to watch my video.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dark Souls Lore Video #1 is up! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls Lore Video #1 is up!

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 2:27 pm

By the by, this better be from an item description. Because that's my main form of research. If it's from a dialogue... I probably, no, I will not get the clue. I suck at English, as you probably saw in my Lore Video. It is my first language, but it just doesn't stick very well in my brain. Only science.. and math. Oooh! Does it have to do with trig functions? How about the quadratic formula? Newton's Temperature Change Theory?
    ... see? Words formed into sentences don't stick. Math does. Aaaaanyway, I'm gonna go back to looking.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 2:40 pm

There is no trend of black fur that comes to mind. None of the NPC's hair seems to stand out as black hair, plus, most of them have hats on. No mobs have black hair that is not natural. Like the giant cats in the forest. That's natural. And last but not least... no bosses have black hair.
    Only thing in your notes or your search for lore about black hair is that Gwynovere has black hair.
    I see no trend, and I feel like I've failed. Oh, and there's nothing about black fur or black hair in your search for lore. And very few things about the Stone Dragon.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 2:43 pm

... Quelaag has black hair, I guess haha! I admit, I don't really look at her hair. Nor did I ever look at Gwynovere's hair.
    Does Beatrice have black hair? I've only summoned her a few times. The "clues" you gave me imply that black hair is everywhere. From the beginning to the end. I just can't see it right now.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Nito. Darkwraiths. Mask of the Sealer. Talisman. Crows. Stone Dragon. Dragonoids.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 22, 2012 3:17 pm

The Daughters of Chaos and Witch of izalith are witches. beatrice does not have black hair, but golden. The Robes of the Flame Witches and Gwyn's Robes are of a similar flavour of colour as well.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 22, 2012 3:18 pm

You should learn to edit your posts. Would make this thread a little less crowded.

lol
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Nito looks to be covered in black cloth, since it looks more like a cloak and not a mane. The darkwraiths and mask of the sealer both have to do with black cloth. and crows have black feathers, not fur.
    Yes, black has a very stong connection to death in almost every mythology, but none of these have black hair or fur, other than the Stone dragon and Dragonoids. I just can't see a connection of black fur on a dragon to black cloth of all these other parts of dark souls. =/
    And, yeah, I usually do edit my posts. But I don't when it's my own thread. My room is usually just as crowded haha!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Their are crows in the Painted World, which holds a statue of a maiden with a child. This same statue is seen three times in new londo, right before the four kings.

Nito, from the prologue, does not show any instinctive identification of him existing before the flame. In the prologue, we see him rise up from a black substance. it does not look like a cloak in the prologue, more so a bunch of hair, or fur.

Velka has signs of her being the firekeeper of the first flame (go look it up on my thread, as It is just going to be a long trek). Nito seems to show signs of him... them being born from the dawn of th age of fire. The Darkwraiths and Red Sages have similarities to Velka, yet the sage is against the darkwraiths. The Darkwraiths are a subject to the Primordial Serpent Kaathe, which resides in the tower, where three of the statues also seen in the painted world are (Two by the fog gate, one on top of the tower).

The Stone Dragon is understandable, once you learn who the being is, and she is seen quite well, even a fan by another within the forum. The Dragonoids got the rite from the stone dragon as well, which makes these acolytes to being the same as that dragon.

I could be wrong thou. She could instead be the Gaping Dragon... but it seems that due to the amount she has in humanity it could be either the dark serpent dragon of the depths or the stone furred dragon of Ash Lake.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 3:33 pm

You triple posted! I misses the second one. The daughters of chas do not all have black hair. The only hair we see is on the two chaos spiders, quelaag and the fair lady. And the fair lady does not have black hair, but white. And, again, black cloth isnt connected to black fur. Unless their body is apart of their clothes like priscilla. Nito is not a part of his clothes as he is a single skeleton surrounded by other skeletons and cloth attached to those skeletons, which has turned black due to age.

And, These statues can mean many things. What do you believe?

Oh, and i believe i read that in your novel, but i dont remember the details, as i suck at english.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 pm

The daughters do not need black hair. however the Robes are of the same quality as gwyn... both working for Velka. Whether they followed her and adopted the clothes, or if they had similar ideals and is the reason why they followed her, is unknown.

And it is. You said that Nito looks like he is wearing Robes? The other Lords also wear robes of their own, and the context of such robes are of the same context of colour, being black. Of course the gold helmed robes/cloak have an ashy colour to it, as is Gwyns. Nito is the exception, due to him having his cloak form something else.

The statues signify Velka and the child. Remember the crossbreed? What does she represent to life? Why is she feared by the gods? The darkwraiths are of similar ideals as that of the daughter as well.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 3:41 pm

I think you're getting a bit too far ahead of yourself haha! Remember how i said that item desriptions are what i study? Well, thats because they're the most solid info we have, and we cannot stray from what they tell us. How does your theory tie in with the fact that velka is the goddess of sin? As is stated in velka's rapier.

Btw, i feel like you're going to say "do not resite the ancient magics to me! I was there when it was written." Aslan is soooo cool.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 22, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm sorry, what did you say?

"Medium for casting miracles of the Gods.
    This black tuft of hair that serves as a talisman belongs to Velka, Goddess of Sin. It casts miracles not by drawing upon faith, but intelligence."

This game is meant for pilgrimage. One that means going to a sacred place, one where we go into a long journey, a search, for moral significance. It is also a journey or long search made for exalted or sentimental reasons.

It is best to not be so specific, Joe. Math and Science will not help you in a world of the archaeologist and the philosopher. I think it is best for you to find someone who is good at that. Look for not the Logic of realism, but more so look for it in essence. Not the Form.

If you can't do that, you need to find someone who can. I like your video, I do. You kindled me, in a sense... but it might burn you hard if you can't see it well, as I am in the ideal mindset of striking you to add some enlightenment.

lol
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 4:00 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of "velka is the first firekeeper, she ruled over nito, qwyn, and the witches." That theory. But yeah, black does trend in dark souls, but i still find it hard to believe that it was placed for lore. I lean towards the fact that it was placed for atmosphere. A bright red robe for a witch doesnt seem to fit as well as a black cloak. And like i said, velka's black hair was the only thing important enough to be mentioned for lore and not atmosphere.
    And the main reason i believe ill be able to do this lore video series is because i want to supply facts and stimulate imagionation that way.im not saying you dont, but i just cant think outside the.box like you can. My strength lies not in the conclusion, but in the beginning.

Last edited by JoeBroski09 on Tue May 22, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue May 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Well then, I hope you get the right information.

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Well, since a video with no dks intro, a few teeny speculations, and then just simple item descriptions and interpretations is 14 minutes long, ill be sticking to the simple stuff XD
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue May 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Though i do admit that I did have too much speculation and my video. I'll probly cut the next 1 down 2 more facts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:06 am