Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
NPCWhiteMage
Seignar
User1
WaLKA
Mr. Tart
BeeSeaEss
Dragon Slayer Ornstein
Spurgun
ThatPerson
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Frosty1heSnowman
Rin
joeclone
ViralEnsign_
Quarik
swordiris
About8547Souls
DxV04
leolion177
Ghadis_God
GkMrBane
User
bunnywink
Reaperfan
Juutas
Tolvo
Noob-of-Artorias
Serious_Much
roanispe
Forum Pirate
cloudyeki
FruitPunchNinja
36 posters

Favorite anime!

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Favorite anime! - Page 5 Empty Re: Favorite anime!

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Its is pretty confusing. Its kinda like S.E Lain or Texhnolyze where you barely know whats going on for the first few episodes.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:13 pm

GkMrBane wrote:It would be nice to have a sevice like netflix that let you read manga online for like 10 bucks a month.

And i would want to buy the phyiscal copies but I already have so many books there is no way I could fit them all here let alone aford them.

You know you can read manga online for free right? I know a few sites..

Also if you don't like the ads, read manga on an Ipad or some kind of tablet. The ads never come up and you might as well be reading it on a kindle for how good it is, best reading I've had apart from when I've picked up the odd tankobon.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 pm

those are unsponsored (and get ALOT of flak from publishers and translators)
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:19 pm

I would love to own a tablet for manga. There's not many other things i would use it for though, so its not really worth the purchase. Maybe when a good quality tablet with a 7" screen is at the 100-200$ range i might get one.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:49 am

cloudyeki wrote:those are unsponsored (and get ALOT of flak from publishers and translators)

So? If I could read it on a sponsored site paid for by adds instead of users I would, but I'm aware of no such site so I use others.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 am

cloudyeki wrote:those are unsponsored (and get ALOT of flak from publishers and translators)

Frankly, I don't care. You can't get manga in britain easily because it's not at all popular like in America or Japan. Anime is virtually never shown on any TV channels (and the ones that are are like pokemon and crap like that).

I've seen manga sections twice in my life, and both times all it usually is are just the most popular ones like the jump trinity, reborn, deathnote, claymore, fairy tail and a few shojo I don't recognise, and that's it. So nothing worth buying :|

Like forum said, there's no site which I can go to and receive the blessing of authors and whatever for reading. Sorry that I'm ripping off stuff for free, but frankly I think reading it online rather than having to spend £10 per 40 minute read (1 tankobon) is fairly reasonable.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:25 am

Trust me serious its not popular in america either. Borders had a small section(small!), and they are gone now. It was just like you mentioned, only the really well known series from jump. With a few mixed in that no one would want to read, they most likely got really cheap. They charged 12-14$ US, which is just way to much in my opinion. Its the same for anime, I would pay for it if they made it more affordable. I am not going to pay 35+$ for 6 episodes of anime. That may be exaggerating, but its close to that.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Trust me serious its not popular in america either. Borders had a small section(small!), and they are gone now. It was just like you mentioned, only the really well known series from jump. With a few mixed in that no one would want to read, they most likely got really cheap. They charged 12-14$ US, which is just way to much in my opinion. Its the same for anime, I would pay for it if they made it more affordable. I am not going to pay 35+$ for 6 episodes of anime. That may be exaggerating, but its close to that.

Last I checked Barnes & Noble had a fairly large selection. If you have one of those near you I'd give that a check. But you're right that manga doesn't do too well over here either. Anime does alright, but not manga :|

Also, I bought each "half of a season" box set of FMA to get the full series. 4 parts in total, about 12 episodes each part, each part costing $70 each. Definitely not cheap.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:28 pm

But still not enough @ReaperFan I want entire stores dedicated to the awesome-ness that is manga and anime like they have in Japan.

@Serious. : I know that there is site where I can read and watch my manga but I want it to be legit. Sites like that are the BB glitches of life.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:37 pm

I think its popular enough that if it were 10-15 yrs ago they could have store like that. Thing is now days its MUCH more profitable to do things online. I dont mind that, i do miss going to the comic book stores that used to be around(used to be around sad). There was this one when i was younger in this run down little mini mall, i loved it. They had tons of late 80s early 90s marvel and DC, and japanese imports. I was getting into Pokemon' then, and they had packs of the japanese cards. I had a holographic japanese snorlax and a bunch of other ones(i know thats not special). The art on the japanese cards was way better, i even thought so back then being a 12yr old kid.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:39 pm

My favorite anime is To love Ru. I think the girls are too cute.

I don't only watch harem but To Love Ru is my general favorite anime
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Favorite anime! - Page 5 4iypa
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:04 pm

GkMrBane wrote:But still not enough @ReaperFan I want entire stores dedicated to the awesome-ness that is manga and anime like they have in Japan.

@Serious. : I know that there is site where I can read and watch my manga but I want it to be legit. Sites like that are the BB glitches of life.

Don't compare me to BB glitchers, that's a bit offensive 🇳🇴 Look at it like this. I cannot get the manga any other way than to read it online, as I don't have the means to purchase them (I'm gonna go to uni for *** sake, I'm gonna be in debt for 20 years or something), and most I can't purchase anyway since I don't exactly just read all the popular ones. It's just impossible for me to read manga without using the sites online.

On the note of Jump stores, my friend is having a gap year in Japan and I'm getting him to bring me back a straw hat from the Jump store (cus I'm cool like that silly)
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:But still not enough @ReaperFan I want entire stores dedicated to the awesome-ness that is manga and anime like they have in Japan.

Don't compare me to BB glitchers, that's a bit offensive 🇳🇴 Look at it like this. I cannot get the manga any other way than to read it online, as I don't have the means to purchase them (I'm gonna go to uni for *** sake, I'm gonna be in debt for 20 years or something), and most I can't purchase anyway since I don't exactly just read all the popular ones. It's just impossible for me to read manga without using the sites online.

On the note of Jump stores, my friend is having a gap year in Japan and I'm getting him to bring me back a straw hat from the Jump store (cus I'm cool like that silly)

LOL sounds just like an argument I had with people on this site about it being unethical to use the BB glitch because of time constraints.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Well it is.. But I think monetary constraints is frankly a much more reasonable excuse than time constraints.. I'm not being lazy for the sake of an hour or two, I'm just not stupid with how I spend my money. I'd rather read manga online than eat crap and have to have a giant overdraft and not afford my accomodation because I bought a load of manga.

It's the same reason why I haven't bought a game full price (and almost none new) for years, I just can't afford it.

In the future though if I can afford it, I probably will buy sets of my favourite manga, if I'm still into it by then obviously.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:37 pm

There are 2 manga stores that are relatively close(to me), a small store in bonney lake and a big store in Seattle. In either case though, 1 volume is around $15. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars to read dragon ball.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:46 pm

In the same way forum, If I wanted to read One Piece, which I'm a massive fan of (probably my favourite in the shonen demographic), then if I wanted to read it all, which at the moment in english is 65 tankobon, I'd have to spend about.. I'll say £6 per volume (though that's only for the older ones I'm being generous) I'd have to pay £390 for it.

That's how much money a British student spends on essentials, rent etc to live for a month. It's completely unreasonable.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:51 pm

I agree serious, although i would love to see the animators/writers make some money off exports. They are just unrealistic about it, i do see a anime streaming service and a manga app for a tablet doing well. Thats most likely the future, if they wise up. I would happily pay 1-2 US$ for each volume in digital form, and im sure they would end up making a lot more money that way. Crunchy roll is very quickly becoming Anime Flix(get it net flix...)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah the tablet manga app is an awesome idea, wish I had a tablet to get it on but oh well. It's just manga just isn't supported enough outside of Japan to merit a lot of commercial ideas for it. It's biggest international supporter outside Asia is America, and that's just because it's so big (though the massive connections from the americanisation of Japan help I think), and even then you guys experiences show that even then it's a really minor venture.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Favorite anime! - Page 5 DaIQ9
    You'll find that you will have more of thing you want then you thought you originally could.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Though in fairness roan, hundreds of pounds, even spread out... Is still hundreds of pounds no matter which way you look at it. It's just like you can buy the top of the range TVs over a long load of installment payments, but will still end up costing you thousands.

What I mean is, even if you spread out the spending, at the end of the day it's still overpriced.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Durarara, though Death Note and certain Naruto arcs come in a close second.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Plus its not like you're going to read most manga more then once, unless its something you REALLY like. So spending 15$ on one volume of some manga you want to check out is just unrealistic.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:31 am

Serious_Much wrote:Well it is.. But I think monetary constraints is frankly a much more reasonable excuse than time constraints.. I'm not being lazy for the sake of an hour or two, I'm just not stupid with how I spend my money. I'd rather read manga online than eat crap and have to have a giant overdraft and not afford my accomodation because I bought a load of manga.

It's the same reason why I haven't bought a game full price (and almost none new) for years, I just can't afford it.

In the future though if I can afford it, I probably will buy sets of my favourite manga, if I'm still into it by then obviously.

Time is money.
    Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:45 am