Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Slarg232
BishopHavel
Pesth
FruitPunchNinja
Carphil
Bamjam
bloodpixel
kiwi_commander
Juutas
13 posters

More new gameplay footage (obviously spoilers)

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

More new gameplay footage (obviously spoilers) Empty More new gameplay footage (obviously spoilers)

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 am

I found a new video of the new DLC content, enjoy!

http://www.gamesradar.com/dark-souls-prepare-die-edition-developer-walkthrough/

Spoilerlist:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Juutas on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

More new gameplay footage (obviously spoilers) Empty Re: More new gameplay footage (obviously spoilers)

Post by kiwi_commander Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:30 am

Are they using the same character build for all DKS Demos?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

More new gameplay footage (obviously spoilers) Empty Re: More new gameplay footage (obviously spoilers)

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:35 am

Yeah it seems they use the same on every demo. It seems to be really easy to enter debug-mode since now we've seen two guys do it during Artorias fight big grin
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:48 am

Artorias is simply impossibly cool. He's everything Gwyn could have been. Except he is still cooler. Though his voice is disturbing.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by kiwi_commander Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:59 am

I really like his broken left arm. Wonder how he got it because from the Lore Artorias is supposed to have both a great sword and shield. I wonder if he lost his shield while fighting Gwyn as a DW.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:10 am

Artorias has he most varied move-set of all the Dark Souls bosses so far and maybe we didn't even see it all yet. So cool boss!
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:23 am

Nice video. Tnx for sharing!

That guy playing sucks hard though, he doesnt even try to dodge or anything just uses his glitched DB for easy heals lol.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 am

Bamjam wrote:Nice video. Tnx for sharing!

That guy playing sucks hard though, he doesnt even try to dodge or anything just uses his glitched DB for easy heals lol.

Yeah, he plays bad but I think it's on purpose and he is under a pressure of what he can do and what he can't do/show when displaying the demo (he's not picking up any loot dropped from the new enemies or that's lying around) and try to make the impression that the game is harder than it really is.
    He also *** up saying that the new enemy type we see is the Chained prisoner when it's clearly not chained prisoner (we saw the picture of the real chained prisoner on facebook).
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:50 pm

EVEN MORE FOOTAGE AND SPOILERS!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/ba0fb8/dark-souls--prepare-to-die-edition-new-features-walkthrough--part-1
    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/yz06dz/dark-souls--prepare-to-die-edition-new-features-walkthrough--part-2
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm really holding myself to not see any of these gameplays, but I'm watching all the trailers. Artorias looks very cool

I wonder how many people will be wearing his armor in the release day
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Carphil wrote:I'm really holding myself to not see any of these gameplays, but I'm watching all the trailers. Artorias looks very cool

I wonder how many people will be wearing his armor in the release day

Too many...but don't forget the tophat too! it will be another very popular piece of armor.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Ok, i have no self control when it comes to this stuff. It looks like everything is going to be spoiled before i even get to play it.... I seriously hate namco bandai at this point.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:32 pm

Why are they even focusing so much on the new content, the people buying the pc edition mostly havent even played the game yet. Its like they are trying to troll the console players by spoiling it.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:41 pm

Oh SH*T!

Did he picked up a Soul of Artorias from the dead body?! WTF!!

we're going to have more weapons related to artorias or maybe it will play a special role like the four lord souls?!

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:42 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Why are they even focusing so much on the new content, the people buying the pc edition mostly havent even played the game yet. Its like they are trying to troll the console players by spoiling it.

They probably are trolling. Namco Bandai has played their cards right money-wise and all we can do is either buy the PC-version, or keep ***** until DLC comes out.
    BishopHavel
    BishopHavel
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BishopHavel Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:44 pm

They just want to console players to get really excited and just say, *** IT, I'm buying this game AGAIN and even gonna upgrade my pc. (for some poeple)
    They want to make money really bad, I guess.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:48 pm

I wonder what you get from the Soul of Artorias....
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:56 pm

My bet on Artorias's soul is that it is either a "quest" item or there is a third version on the Greatsword of Artorias available. The new version could actually replace the old one entirely...who knows.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Greatsword of Artorias +5 + Soul of Artorias = Badass purple mossy glue thing sticking out of the sword of artorias?!
    Frostacar
    Frostacar
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Frostacar Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:09 pm

I was noticing this in most the demos and all, But the dude was wearing the Covenant of Artorias ring i think? you think that is required to enter the Abyss and new locations?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Frostacar wrote:I was noticing this in most the demos and all, But the dude was wearing the Covenant of Artorias ring i think? you think that is required to enter the Abyss and new locations?
    The demo character setup is more or less the exact setup as an early dukes archives preview, from before the game was released. Same weapons, armor, artorias ring and stats, so I doubt if the ring is necessary for main oolacile. But you never know, some of the areas looks abyss-ish, and one npc in the trailer also says "Oolacile has brought the Abyss upon itself", so there could eventually be a need for it.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Actually it has been confirmed by many people that have played the demo that abyss is heavily involved on the DLC. Maybe we get to see who or what caused the abyss to exist in the first place.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 pm

In one of the demos for the new content the namco bandai rep actually said that you access the content somewhere in Ash Lake. That might have been a mistake, but who knows. There could be multiple enterances to different areas of the new content. It was the gamestop demo i believe.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:15 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:In one of the demos for the new content the namco bandai rep actually said that you access the content somewhere in Ash Lake. That might have been a mistake, but who knows. There could be multiple enterances to different areas of the new content. It was the gamestop demo i believe.

Well we know that part of it takes place in what looks like Dusk Cavern, it would be interesting if "Abyss Pockets" appeared in certain areas in the map when you beat the previous ones.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Juutas wrote:My bet on Artorias's soul is that it is either a "quest" item or there is a third version on the Greatsword of Artorias available. The new version could actually replace the old one entirely...who knows.
    Maybe they just thought, "Holy **** the Greatsword of Artorias sucks. We need a new one."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:03 pm