Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

PvP Build/Gear Help?

xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

PvP Build/Gear Help? Empty PvP Build/Gear Help?

Post by xMalevolence Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:03 am

Not sure if this is the right place for this kind of post but whatever.
    My first experience of PvP in this game was amazing, I loved it. I was only like sl50-70 pvping in the forest, farming souls off of forest hunters and it was going extremely well, if i remember correctly I was like 30 wins and 6 losses, so I assumed whatever I was doing I was doing right. But when I moved to PvP in Anor Londo and Kiln, I was constantly getting utterly destroyed.
    My gear was:
    Elite Knight (All but helm) +9
    Fang Boar Helm +5
    Black Knight Sword +5 ( and occasionally a gravelord sword +5 )
    Havel's ring & Dwgr

So after a while of using random other gear, and getting pretty pissed at people spamming WoG, TWoP, stunlocking me with +5 lightning & fire zwei's & claymores, I finally was set on a permanent setup.

Now after reading comments of videos on youtube, looking at different posts on here and other Dark Souls forums, apparently what I'm using is pretty............."clone-ish" "noob" and "op"

Current Setup:
    Dark Mask +5
    Armor of Thorns +5
    Havel's Gauntlets
    Havel's Leggings
    Havel's Ring & Dwgr
    BKGR +5
    And a Bloodshield

I'm SL128, never really had a build in mind, kinda just read up on what stats do what and molded them into this :
    50 VIT
    19 ATT
    40 END
    40 STR
    24 DEX
    12 RES
    18 INT
    8 FTH

So reading & seeing this, what do you think? Is it "op","clone-ish", and "noob"? If so, what would be better? And how is this setup "op" if constantly I'm facing WoG spammers and stunlockers? Is there a better setup that isn't "op" but just as good at fighting those types of players?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

PvP Build/Gear Help? Empty Re: PvP Build/Gear Help?

Post by RANT Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:16 am

whats a BKGR? and yes its a little clone-ish but after trying to duel in anor and the kiln i dont blame you, theyre the worst places to pvp unless you wanna get gangbanged. anyway, theres no set rules anyway and you can do whatever you want with your build, use whaever you like and make sure it feels right, try everything and stick with what youre good with but if you want legit duels i recomend you go to the painted world.
    xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by xMalevolence Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:17 am

RantFromRant wrote:whats a BKGR?
    Black Knight Greataxe
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:19 am

shouldnt it be BKGA? anyway, pick your fave weapon and make abuild around it, thats what i do, i have a great club build and a demon great machete build.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:20 am

bkga and claymore are the noobtubes of dark souls btw.
    xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by xMalevolence Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:24 am

RantFromRant wrote:bkga and claymore are the noobtubes of dark souls btw.
    yea sorry I did mean a instead of r, no idea what i put that. But anyways, I've seen a good number of people complaining about dwgr as well. Anything about that? Too "op"? Also I can see why BKGA is considered too op, going back to the forest to PvP I've 1-hit numerous people with a 2-handed attack.....lol

Last edited by xMalevolence on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:28 am

people whine about everything dude, nothing is freaking perfect, they cant make a game that pleases everyone thats the thing, i say use it theres a reason the devs put it there.
    xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by xMalevolence Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:36 am

But really my main concern is would using this setup ( excluding the bkga ) be considered "fair"? Honestly I love the look of this gear, I can stop using the bkga in pvp, but I love it in pve. However I don't feel the same way about the dwgr, I can't stand not using it, in both PvE and PvP.
    xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by xMalevolence Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:12 am

tried painted world, took me almost 10mins to find someone to invade, upon arriving in their world another phantom had been killed.The host was right next to the bonfire not attacking me at all, he had summoned another dark spirit who was the same guy that he had killed when I arrived, and they proceeded to 2v1 me, one spamming crystal soul spear, the other spamming what looked like sunlight spear. As soon as I died, the other dark spirit seemed to let the host kill him. No idea what that was about, I'll probably just try Anor Londo again.........

Also I checked there friends lists, there both on it so they apparently know each other, honestly I'm convinced they were "boosting" similar to that of boosting on CoD..........honestly didn't expect that from this game but whatever.

Last edited by xMalevolence on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:15 am

you dont really need the dwgr in pve, its useful in pvp but if you learn how to dodge you can stop using it but it kicks *** so why wouldnt you use it. at least youre not wearing mask of the father and full havels or giants, not thats noob-ish but if you like the bkga use it, theres better weapons at 40 str dmage wise, for example, demon great machete and axe, you have to know how to use them though cant just spam r1 with those.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:17 am

xMalevolence wrote:tried painted world, took me almost 10mins to find someone to invade, upon arriving in their world another phantom had been killed.The host was right next to the bonfire not attacking me at all, he had summoned another dark spirit who was the same guy that he had killed when I arrived, and they proceeded to 2v1 me, one spamming crystal soul spear, the other spamming what looked like sunlight spear. As soon as I died, the other dark spirit seemed to let the host kill him. No idea what that was about, I'll probably just try Anor Londo again.........

wtf? that sucks, go to the arena before priscilla and put your red sign down, youll get summoned for a legit duel.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:23 am

Yeah - there's still douches waiting to gank invaders there sometimes. Do the red sign or leave Priscilla alive and wait in the tower for people to invade you.
    xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by xMalevolence Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:27 am

eh....already killed priscilla, never thought about PvP'ing in painted so I didn't think it mattered.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:42 am

that sucks, painted world is stariing to be the go to place for legit pvp, theres farmers everywhere but not as much in the painted world.
    xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by xMalevolence Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:48 am

i'll just have to remember that on ng++ I guess..
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:52 am

why 18 int what spells do you use? also yeah BKGA is a fine weapon but watching farmers use it so much has given it a bad rap.
    xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by xMalevolence Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:52 pm

I have no idea why i put 8 points into int, it was near the start of my 1st playthru at the time so I didn't really know any better, but the only sorcery I use is chameleon because it's hilarious to disguise yourself as a tree while being invaded by forest hunters. As for PvP I only use Great Combustion and occasionally Fire Tempest. I use Chaos Fireball & Great Fireball for PvE
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:31 pm

The only issue you may have with the BKGA would be if you run into someone who knows how to parry and riposte.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:54 pm