Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
XuitusTheGreat
CandleMax
DoughGuy
samster628
Chaos Spectre
PaPaSmVrf
Barnission
Shkar
SEANB240
X-government-agent
Doelker
Eolan
Knight Alundil
WyrmHero
18 posters

The Pendant in Gwyn's Tomb

xMalevolence
    xMalevolence
    Casual
    Casual

The Pendant in Gwyn's Tomb - Page 2 Empty Re: The Pendant in Gwyn's Tomb

Post by xMalevolence Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:06 pm

samster628 wrote:
    xMalevolence wrote:
    samster628 wrote:the pendent may yet have a use or it may have had a planned use that was cut. ether way you can be sure people are running out of ideas when they decide to just light all bombfires or light none at all. i'd like to point out that since there is no trophy/ achevement that hasnt been descovered the pendant can't do anything major. if anyone (like me) wants to search despite the odds i would look towards the fallen god of war, but don't hold much hope.

That implies that Trophies/Achievements are rewarded for major events, which I don't understand how joining a covenant,max upgrading a weapon, or killing certain bosses is "major".

you lot are getting the wrong end of the stick here. lets look at the facts. i have escaped the undead asylum. Well that seem's like a big event opening up the rest of the game world. ooo look i got a trophy. i have killed the bellfry gargoyles and rung the bell this being halfway to opening sens forteress. ooo look another trophy. i dont know about anyone else but i am beginning to see a pattern here. ooo i killed a hollow soldier. i didn't get a trophy. what a surprise. Even hidden bosses you get trophies for killing. i don't care for the trophy's themselves but looking at this (rather obvious) pattern and reilising there are no mare trophies unaccounted for we can be sure there are no hidden bosses/ major areas. Also given the trophies for collecting all the rare wepons, sorceries, pyromancys and miricles we can be sure there are none of these left to uncover. i don't care for the trophys themselves but they can show an awful lot about what we have found and what is bet to uncover. if anything more is hidden in the game it is a peice of lore.

But to the lore fanatics, finding a use for the pendant would be a major thing even if it doesn't have anything to do with the overall "storyline" or Trophies/Achievements. The Trophies/Achievements, in my opinion, mean jack sht, they were simply put there because it fuels the achievement/trophy hunters motivation to play the game. Which is what I tried expressing by giving examples of stupid achievements/trophies.
    Blaze1st

Post by Blaze1st Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Can anyone confirm if the pendant is in the chest if it is not taken as a starting gift or not yet aquired from a Forest Hunter summon?

My plan at this stage is to see if there are less grey phantoms and blood staines without the pendant... it's the only use I can think of which has no effect and matches its description.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Blaze, rynn's saying it was in the chest is the 1st time that ever happened. I doubt it will ever happen again or whether it actually did ha[pen at all really.

To me the pendant is just something miyazaki put in to confound us, everyone thought so much that the pendant must have some form of use, and we found it. You can trade the pendant with snuggly, but that's all. I dunno why we can't be content with that as all miyazaki seems to be trying to do is search for something that isn't there.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:35 pm

So has anyone taken a pendant through 2-3 games? Maybe you have to bring it from NG into NG+++ or something in order for us to find out what it is.
    Blaze1st

Post by Blaze1st Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Like I said m8 just checking for confirmation as I've not entered the room in my game yet and I could try dumping my pendant (FC drop) before I go in...

Yeah I'm sure a pendant has been through a few NG+, the highest I've seen claimed is NG+++++ and by the second or third he likely had one or several.

Seems to me that IF it was in the chest it was because he didn't already have one. Also important to distinguish between someone who has never had one in their first playthrough and myself who would have to drop it before going in.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Doelker wrote:In all my playthroughs the chest is always empty. Even in my new infinity project, every single NG round is still empty.
    I have never found the maiden set in it nor a pendant.
    I carry a pendant on my inventory that I have since the beginning of this toon and never put it in the box or dropped it anywhere and there hasn't been any changes at all.
    I'm still on my fourth round now and to be honest with you guys everything is just the same...
    Same NPC dialogues, same loot, same bosses, same triggers... Everything.

Quoting myself to answer your post.
    Now I am in the fifth round and I did get a drift item next to petrus and it was a pendant.
    Just after the beginning of the game when I was running back to the shrine after activating the elevator from the Parish.
    But that's it. And there had been records of drifted items appearing in your wolrd and most of the time they are lloyd's talismans or pendats.
    About the chest in dolyn's room still empty for me.
    I just have to beat Gwyn in order to go to NG6.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:37 pm