Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Gaxe
Jansports
bloodpixel
EasilyDelighted
TehInfamousAmos
Phoenix Rising
raecor14
WorkInProgressSi
tofucactaur
Tolvo
Anonymous Proxy
Reaperfan
Wisp
Glutebrah
nemesismonkey
BishopHavel
Emergence
twilightwarwolf
Rin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
25 posters

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER! - Page 5 Empty Re: SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

Post by ROOSTER330 Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:49 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:Its not shown in the DLC. And after the Artorias boss battle if you give her his soul she simply dissappears. Now Im thinking that some one has to build that structure at Artorias Grave.

Perhaps she leaves to find someone skilled in carving/masonry? IN any case unless you kill her at the grave then there is no reason to assume that it is Ciarans corpse behind Artorias Grave.

Except that the corpse has her ring....? So its her corpse, or the person that killed her and took her ring. Id like to assume no random unknown killed her and took her ring, or even stole it from the master assassin, so Id say it is safe to assume thats her corpse. Know you dont want her to be dead buddy, but she most likely is. And she appears more human than the other knights, she may have died of old age etc
    Yet perhaps like her swords she saw no use for it and gave it to a traveler or friend

Lol, again, i know you want her alive, but the designers put it there for a reason. If we are just making up any what if to keep our hopes alive....maybe she just killed some random person, placed the body there to throw us off and started her life over as Reah, to make up for all her assassinations. Vowing to never harm anyone ever again. And Ator is her brother. NO, he is her son! Lol
    Casual
    Casual

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER! - Page 5 Empty Re: SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

Post by 727 Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:55 pm

i always figured she maybe came to pay her respects and was taken out by Sif in the process of defending his former master's grave.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:10 am

727 wrote:i always figured she maybe came to pay her respects and was taken out by Sif in the process of defending his former master's grave.

Would make sense.... also read on another thread the possibility of her killing herself in grief at his grave sight. We dont know their history, maybe lovers, siblings, or she owed him her life etc. Either way I think there is def a deep emotional link between the two.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:58 am

ROOSTER330 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:Its not shown in the DLC. And after the Artorias boss battle if you give her his soul she simply dissappears. Now Im thinking that some one has to build that structure at Artorias Grave.

Perhaps she leaves to find someone skilled in carving/masonry? IN any case unless you kill her at the grave then there is no reason to assume that it is Ciarans corpse behind Artorias Grave.

Except that the corpse has her ring....? So its her corpse, or the person that killed her and took her ring. Id like to assume no random unknown killed her and took her ring, or even stole it from the master assassin, so Id say it is safe to assume thats her corpse. Know you dont want her to be dead buddy, but she most likely is. And she appears more human than the other knights, she may have died of old age etc
    Yet perhaps like her swords she saw no use for it and gave it to a traveler or friend

Lol, again, i know you want her alive, but the designers put it there for a reason. If we are just making up any what if to keep our hopes alive....maybe she just killed some random person, placed the body there to throw us off and started her life over as Reah, to make up for all her assassinations. Vowing to never harm anyone ever again. And Ator is her brother. NO, he is her son! Lol
    Nah I reckon she is dead Im just not certain that is her corpse
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:01 am

Who thinks it would be cool if her dark silver sword did curse build up. Slow of course...
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:16 am

Tristan wrote:Who thinks it would be cool if her dark silver sword did curse build up. Slow of course...

It does do poison Ive been told
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:21 am

yeah, we've got those already though. I want a cool curse weapon! twisted
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:23 am

The inference that Ciaran isnt alreay the coolest NPC out there is grounds for starting a blood fued.....lol!
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:25 am

So when are you going to make that knight cov? I'm itching all over my body just thinking about it!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:26 am

okay well if people want it now then ill set it up. ill do it tomorow... i just need to take to Sun about a few things
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:36 am

So, what do you think is better the DST parry/GT crit bonus or the GT fury DST poison build up?
    Tristan
    Tristan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Tristan Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:50 am

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, I feel better... Goodnight!
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:44 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    ROOSTER330 wrote:

Well as long as you refuse to make anything but builds to tribute her, she lives on!

Nah I reckon she is dead Im just not certain that is her corpse
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:47 am

Not sure if this has been brought up, but this is my speculation.

Right after we slayed the Idea of Evil, Ciaran and Sif went to where Elizabeth was. There they spoke it over with Alvina, and Alvina... despite being weird and feline like, agreed to their terms. Sif and Ciaran re-formatted the Oolacile Sanctuary, and made the Grave of Artorias. The blade... which... was overly sized was planted into the ground, and the following other thousand before us was slain by Ciaran and Sif.

BECAUSE I DOUBT THE WOLF KNOWS HOW TO PLANT THE SWORDS.

So in other words, yes I know that entire thought is incomplete, Ciaran and Sif protected the Grave. Ciaran is not human, of course, but she does have a life span. She either died from heart-ache or killed herself FROM heart-ache. Her ring was left behind, and Sif remained a Guardian to protect the "un-ready" from traversing the abyss.

Those swords in the ground? Despite being an awesome reference to the Hill of Swords, are the fallen Chosen before us.

But this is my theory, of course. It's the only one that makes sense to me, because as a medieval lore junkie and this lore seems to tie together in the same sense. No matter how Battle harden, obsessive and crazy Ciaran was. She was, without a doubt, in love with Artorias the Abysswalker.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 am

I still find the idea of Love in Dark Souls to be totally out of place.

I like your theory but personally see whatever Artorias and Ciaran had as a mutual respect, if not a one sided obsession from Ciaran for th AbyssWalker
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:18 am

<___< I never claimed Artorias loved her back. I said she was in love with him.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 am

what gives you the idea that she loves him? so she reffers to him as "dear". thats a show of affection not love. if she said "farewell artorias my love" THEN you would have a strong case. i dont think she loved Art but she certainly had feelings for him. also remember how aborbing smoughs soul makes ornstien bigger. i dont think size is important to these semi divine knights or gods. here is my view on the 4 knights.

Gough: giant dragonslaying archer who led a group of knights who used the huge dragonslayer greatbows. Farely simple by nanture (dont tell him i said that) and possessor of the hawk ring. Any famed adventures are currently unknown. possibly smoughs brother. Slain by the chosen undead or fate unknown.

Ornstien: head of the 4 knights and presumibly head of lord G's in house security. known for wealding his huge spear. possessor of the leo ring and has slicing a balder in half on his list of otherwise unknown deeds. Slain by the chosen undead in anor londo.

Artorias: hunter of the dark cretures of the abyss and wielder of a greatsword. possessor of the wolf ring. Seems to have fought on his own with the back up of his wolf friend sif. known to be friends with alvina and rescuer of princess dusk of oolicile. was eventually defeated by the cretures of the abyss and what was left of the knight became a worrior for the abyss. slain by the chosen undead in oolicile.

Ciaran: leader of the lords blades and all female group serving the great lord gwyn (presumed assassins or bodyguards). possessor of the hornets ring and known for weilding 2 dagger (for lack of a better word)'s. famed deeds unknown. Presumed dead ether from suicide or killed from the gread grey wolf sif or the chosen undead
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:51 am

bump!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:53 am