Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Gaxe
Jansports
bloodpixel
EasilyDelighted
TehInfamousAmos
Phoenix Rising
raecor14
WorkInProgressSi
tofucactaur
Tolvo
Anonymous Proxy
Reaperfan
Wisp
Glutebrah
nemesismonkey
BishopHavel
Emergence
twilightwarwolf
Rin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
25 posters

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER! - Page 2 Empty Re: SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:54 am

I have a small speculation on this.

I don't think the Lord's Blades were "Age of Fire" humans. I do believe they were "Age of Dark" humans. I think The Painted Guardians are related to Ciaran in some way. (Ivory locks and such, not to mention, fighting style, etc. Throwing knives, etc. )

Oh where do I tie in the Painted Guardian shtuff?

Spoiler:

So Ciaran is probably just a bit bigger human, but nothing really extravagent.

Other theory? Midget.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER! - Page 2 Empty Re: SPOILER!! Ciaran the Lord's Blade SPOILER!

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:03 am

Anonymous Proxy wrote:I have a small speculation on this.

I don't think the Lord's Blades were "Age of Fire" humans. I do believe they were "Age of Dark" humans. I think The Painted Guardians are related to Ciaran in some way. (Ivory locks and such, not to mention, fighting style, etc. Throwing knives, etc. )

So Ciaran is probably just a bit bigger human, but nothing really extravagent.

Other theory? Midget.

I'm not so sure of that otherwise the Lord's Blade title would be less significant. Perhaps they were an order of assassins drawn from the human populous. However I would say that Artorias is not normally as big as he appears in the DLC.... I assume all knights but Gough were the size of Black Knights excepting Ciaran for course.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:46 am

Layers of darkness, wearing robes, with golden streaks. Oh, so they are GOLDEN HEMMED?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:02 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I assume all knights but Gough were the size of Black Knights excepting Ciaran for course.

So...only Artorias and Ornstein? silly

Also you have to remember that, even though he didn't quite make the cut, Smough was also in the runnings to be one of the knights, and he's rather giant-sized, meaning Gough wasn't the only giant amongst Gwyn's ranks.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:06 am

Smough and Gough? Do I see name similarity and think twins?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:22 am

Edited- Now showing all Ciaran's Equipment Statistics, Item Descriptions, and how to attain them.

Also edited for the nerf to the Hornet Ring down from 50% bonus to critical attacks to 30%.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:48 am

Sorry, have not seen this specified, is it possible to obtain both the weapons and armour by killing Ciaran after giving her the soul? sorry if this is a stupid question lol
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:53 am

tofucactaur wrote:Sorry, have not seen this specified, is it possible to obtain both the weapons and armour by killing Ciaran after giving her the soul? sorry if this is a stupid question lol

I believe it is. Knewgamingcompleteed the trade and Ciaran was still at the Grave sooooooo..... YUP im sure its possible but I hope from isnt going to make us kill her.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:22 am

SPOILERS. Not lore related, item related. So read at your risk.

Spoiler:
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:24 am

thought so
    WorkInProgressSi

Post by WorkInProgressSi Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 pm

My brother got her weapons after killing her doh.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Tolvo wrote:Layers of darkness, wearing robes, with golden streaks. Oh, so they are GOLDEN HEMMED?

Tsk tsk.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:13 pm

You trying to claim Ciaran was a witch, Tolvo?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:17 pm

How do we know that magic or pyromancy training wasn't a part of Lord's Blade training.... Ciaran could be linked to the witch of izalith....
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Doesn't the Gold Tracer have a hint of pyromancy augmented into the blade?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:46 pm

It doesnt say that anywhere in the item descriptions I've seen nor in the armour descriptions though this might be worth pursuing.

What makes Ciaran's weapons glow?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:50 pm

It says they are tracers, that is why. They are designed to emit flames when they swing, that is what you are seeing.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:01 pm

I assumed it meant tracer as in the type of tracer bullets have.... Im do not think we are seeing pyromancy during the swings of it.... if anything I would assume some sort of enchantment on the weapon to emit a flash of light. Now if Gwyn were giving these items to his Lord's Blades then he would imbue them with his own power, lightning, miracles, rather than pyromancies.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:30 am

or it could be light magic (i don't own the new game but the "locations" hint that the blades could be made with light magic etched into them. oh and the dark solver has a toxic alluxy but only with the R2 attack
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:49 pm

While that is plausible Dark Souls never hints about the possibility of light magic.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Uh...Cast light?
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 pm

raecor14 wrote:or it could be light magic (i don't own the new game but the "locations" hint that the blades could be made with light magic etched into them. oh and the dark solver has a toxic alluxy but only with the R2 attack
    Does the Dark Silver's toxic work all the time, or only when its dual-wielded with the Gold Tracer?
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Thats a magic of oolacile.... manipulation of the natural world/ energies within it. Not a whole different field of magic.

Sorry Its just that I see 'Light' magic as a whole field of magic in of itself rather than just magic which affects makes use of a light attribute. Thats probably why im biased.

In any case perhaps then her Gold Tracer is imbued with Cast Light.... though that is an oolacile form of magic. Do we know about the relationship between oolacile and anor londo? I thought that cast light was unique too Oolacile. How would Ciaran or the Lord's Blades have weapons imbued with that power?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Assassin's. Turning invisible, being able to disguise as objects, capability of hiding your weapons. What do you think?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Illusionists, that is what oolacile sorcerers are, think of Baldur's gate, the abilities illusionists got were insane. **** - peaceful... You can still likely create portals etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:59 am