Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

We've been wrong about the flame *No Spoilers*

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

We've been wrong about the flame *No Spoilers* Empty We've been wrong about the flame *No Spoilers*

Post by Shkar Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:44 am

Too the best of my knowledge, most, if not all, of the lore junkies have been working under the assumption that the flame just magically created all of the opposites. Honestly, I think we were wrong, and it seems so obvious now that it was a foolish thing for us to fall for.

In the intro (when she is talking about the flame creating disparity), the first word in each pair is emphasized. HEAT and Cold. LIFE and death. LIGHT and dark. Instead of "creating" each of those things, it only brought the FIRST in each pair. It brought the change. Instead of the "earth" being a frozen, lifeless, dark wasteland, the flame brought heat, light, and eventually life.

So the first flame brought the first light and the first heat. Understandable, that's what fire does best. So, perhaps the flame isn't some "magical, all-powerful essence" and is just ordinary fire.

Well, what fire could heat up, brighten, and bring life to the entire world? What "fire" is related to both sorcery and miracles (remember your astrophysics)? What "fire" is related to the vast majority of the gods we know? What fire would leave the inside of the world dark for the mortal races to crawl out of?

Why is Gwyn, "Lord of Sunlight", seen as the strongest of the Lords? Is the title REALLY coincidental? Or was he trying to brag about being the lord of a certain, life-creating fire?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

We've been wrong about the flame *No Spoilers* Empty Re: We've been wrong about the flame *No Spoilers*

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:49 am

The sun? What about the Kiln of the First Flame? I don't think it's the sun Shkar. Makes sense though.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

We've been wrong about the flame *No Spoilers* Empty Re: We've been wrong about the flame *No Spoilers*

Post by Shkar Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:51 am

WyrmHero wrote:The sun? What about the Kiln of the First Flame? I don't think it's the sun Shkar. Makes sense though.

Actually, that part was more speculation than anything. I personally can't see how it could be ANYTHING other then the sun, but everything up to the part where I start talking about that is the truly important part of that post.

That said, the Kiln IS exposed to the sky.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Well previously since the world was dominated by everlasting, not really living dragons, I think it is fair for them to emphasize the first one. Because if it creates life, it then also creates death, since something needs to be living to die. It's the same logic with the other things.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:Well previously since the world was dominated by everlasting, not really living dragons, I think it is fair for them to emphasize the first one. Because if it creates life, it then also creates death, since something needs to be living to die. It's the same logic with the other things.

It all depends on what definitions of the terms you think they are using. One definition points to life as being able to reproduce, grow, and etc (which the dragons can), another points to living as "being animated (again, the dragons are). One definition of dead is something that was alive that is no longer so, another is something that isn't animate".
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:Well previously since the world was dominated by everlasting, not really living dragons, I think it is fair for them to emphasize the first one. Because if it creates life, it then also creates death, since something needs to be living to die. It's the same logic with the other things.
    haha sound familiar Shkar tongue

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:11 pm