Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

New PC fix announced on Steam..

RaffoSS
    Casual
    Casual

New PC fix announced on Steam.. Empty New PC fix announced on Steam..

Post by RaffoSS Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:09 pm

While browsing the internet, a weird pop-up from Steam caught my attention..too bad the pop-up disappeared before i could read/open it.

The words i saw were:

"Announced...fix..."

Hopefully they'll fix the online issues most of us are facing.

If any of you people had the chance to read the pop-up, please post it here.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

New PC fix announced on Steam.. Empty Re: New PC fix announced on Steam..

Post by Pesth Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:06 pm

The first Dark Souls mod is here! That didn't take long. The lock that holds the PC version to a muddy 1024x720 resolution has been broken with a tiny 80kb file. Eurogamer spotted the fix on NeoGaf where the mod's creator, Durante, has posted an overview of the tweak along with some before and after screenshots showing the improvement it makes. It's available to download on the meta class of nil blog.

Dark Souls will only improve as the community cleans up From Software's messy port. The game underneath the framerate lock and the muddy textures is already great. Find out more in our Dark Souls review.

UPDATE: An updated version has been released which fixes some of the problems people have been having with disappearing text and the like.

It may seem as though Durante has fixed the problem in three minutes flat, but he explains that he's been working on the tweak all week. "I did not do the entire work for this in 23 minutes. I developed an interception dll framework during this week to prepare for the job. I did the actual work to make the game render at higher res in that amount of time though -- based on the framework -- and spent a few more hours testing and adding the config file."

Here's what it'll do to your copy of Dark Souls.

This is the link Steam provided
    RaffoSS
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RaffoSS Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Yes..in the end the pop up was just an update regarding that fix..

I hoped it was something else :<

DSFix 0.8
    posted by Krytonic @ 10:25PM on September 01, 2012
    I hope all the Optimus users enjoy this one! It required quite a bit of effort. Changes:

DSfix is now a Direct Input wrapper instead of a d3d9.dll wrapper. This was done to fix the Optimus issue, and it should also allow people to use other additional D3D wrappers for postprocessing effects (FXAA, SMAA, etc)
    There is a new setting “dinput8dllWrapper” which allows you to use additional DirectInput wrappers on top of DSfix should you so desire. I don’t think many people will need this, but it’s there for those who do!
    The way logging was handled when disabled has been improved, so you could see slightly improved performance in CPU limited situations with “logLevel 0″ (the default)
    When upgrading from previous versions, make sure to first delete d3d9.dll and the old .ini!

Direct Download:
    http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/DSfix08.zip

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:29 pm