Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
goober0331
Rifter7
StockpileThomas
The Once-Ler
IV_Mark_VI
hageshisa
lextune
Glutebrah
FattyOfDoom
Jansports
reim0027
Forum Pirate
Serious_Much
WyrmHero
cloudyeki
ViralEnsign_
RANT
Slarg232
Gaxe
23 posters

I've had enough of this bull

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I've had enough of this bull - Page 2 Empty Re: I've had enough of this bull

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Its really not arbitrary though, is simply seems that way because of lag. I don't remember his ID but one of the forum guys explained it well

"the time delay between the mistake and the bs makes it seem unfair, when in reality the mistake was simply made a bit earlier" was pretty close to what he said. Lag may make them look wonky, and the timing delay psycologically seperates it from the actual mistake, but I've never been bsd or bsd anyone who didn't make a mistake I couldn't identify. Ive seen a few youtube vids of truly unfair lag stabbing, but nothing else about those matches was legit either, leading me to suspect intentional lag switching which is always bs and an abuse of the system in any game.

I'll stop now though, I'm sure we can be civil but this conversation rarely stays that way.

@Cloud Lmfao
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:59 pm

I'm guessing you have a very broad definition of ganking and a very narrow definition of honor. BS and DWGR are what they are. Learn to deal with them instead of complaining. Nothing is better than counter BSing a Giant MoM Fisher.

As already mentioned, try PvPing at a lower SL. It really is a lot of fun.

Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:05 am

Isn't there like no pvp down there lol? And i don't want to completely own a quester q.q
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:06 am

Also, I can try hosting but I'll then have to make a new build since when hosting i don't like to rely on stat buffs.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:09 am

That was Me Forum Pirate.

Lag is one of those things in an online experience that kinda muddles things. If BSes are made worse than lag then certainly Katanas are as well, magic extending blades and all. Spears, and the Mura all also have propensity to gain invisible hitboxes in a laggy match. Where do we draw the line? Personally I tend to BC out of anything where I "feel" the lag. It's weird to try to explain but I definitely can tell when it's worse than usual.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:12 am

Actually, Burg PVP can start as low as 55 and goes up if you're hosting. You may be catching some of the low level griefers (god they are so bad. So many times they think they're lightning clay will just stunlock me, only to become an arrow pin cushion) But you will fight decent duelists. I think 80 is the best level for the Burg.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:15 am

The GL covenant is usually at 70. The Darkstalkers invade at 55. Plenty of action. As far as invading questers, it is part of the game. It is part of what makes it difficult. I have a blast invading at 20-55. Constant invasions. Fighting 2 or 3 vs 1 is a challenge. Don't expect rules of duels to apply though. It'll give you something else to do, give you a break from duelling.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:21 am

I do almost all my pvp at 80 and have for a good while. the burg, forest, demon ruins, painted world, and lord areas all get plenty of action, much of it is duels, though there will be more questers than at 120 in my experience.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:48 am

GLing at SL 70 and PvPing around ANOR LONDO and the forest are some of the best hot spots ive come across!
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:03 am

If you don't want ganked, then host. Even if you use buffs you only need 1 per fight. Or you can get SLB too.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:23 am

WyrmHero wrote:I agree with you but once you get used to the lag (the minimal lag that is) you can counter them and predict them. I know the difference between a legit bs and a lagstab, the difference is damn obvious. They say backstabs are more difficult to execute in the DLC so I hope lagstabs are gone for good.

PC has far less lag, it was super obvious for me after a week of PC invading then going back to PS3 for some fight club.

on the PC you actually parry at the start of an enemies swing, unlike the PS3 where you need to predict it and parry before you even know they attacked. So unless the lag gets better the backstabs will be the same on PS3
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:09 am

"I hate gankers."

"Host."

"Cool, problem solved, thanks a lot."

"Sure."
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:40 am

I think this sums it all up fairly well...

'We're sick of this **** :!: '
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:51 am

Gaxe, I totally feel you on the ganking part. But there are many many areas in the game which you dont get ganked instantley. If you dont like 2v1 or 3v1 just stay still in burg in sl99+ and you will get invaded alot. Also, pvp in painted world (atleast at higher lvls) isnt so much "ganking involved", in higher sl that is.

If you hate ppl so much, just do a sl60 built around the Gravelord sword. Join Darkwraiths, and invaded where the hell you want. Most ppl at sl60 and around dont stand a chance to that. Maybe Forum members, but not the "common player".

Dont loose your hope! We are all feeling the same about it, atleast most of us. I personally think the dlc will balance the game enough ^____^
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:32 pm

any one figured out who the guy whos downrepping posts is?

come out from behind the internet and explain downreps dude/ett I don't see why anyone who's posted here deserves that. Especially when the downvoted posts were a well informed opinion and general common sense respectively.

I like fighting gankers. If they went away I'd be sad.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Forum Pirate wrote: Especially when the downvoted posts were a well informed opinion and general common sense respectively.

i don't think people should really say that about the downrepped posts when they were the ones getting downrepped silly

but i agree, your post and reim's didn't deserve it, dunno why they did downrep you
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Probably because unless you're a skilled player, being ganked sucks. And if you're not a skilled player, humanity can be hard to come by to host (trust me, I know big grin).

Being ganked sucks. If you're in the forest, use the forest escape glitch to darkroot basin, then black crystal out.

Hosting is the best solution, and if you're low on humanity, just message anyone that invades you to see if they'll drop you some. Almost everyone uses a glitch to give them 99 humanities and 99 twin humanities, so most have more than they know what to do with.

But yeah, the solution: get out of the Forest Covenant, then host in the forest. Fun times.

Or schedule some PvP through this forum.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Could someone please lock this thread? This is ridiculous!!!!!! Everything from the title on down!!!!
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:21 pm

I dunno. I think it's valid for new players, or casual players, that want to get into the PvP scene but there's no tiers. So it's one fight they are on par or learn something before they get Backstabbed punctuated with a whole bunch of 'unfair' fights (from their perspective). These threads have come up before, and these are threads people have bothered to create. I'm sure there's tons of people out there that feel the same way that don't join forums.

I think it's a legitimate turn-off to newish players to PvP.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:35 pm

I hosted this dude several nights in a row and watched EVERY fight. This is just an extension of the complaining he was doing in chat. And the garbage he said about forum members using cheap tactics is complete bull. Especially since I watched HIM chain stab another member here. I stopped summoning him after that. I had to laugh when he wouldn't send me a gg after a fight, "no gg for Kat users" was the response I got. The appropriate respose to getting schooled would be to ask for help on tactics and practice sparring with someone, not say "I quit". This is nothing more than a whining thread and is going nowhere. I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade on this one.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:26 pm

If you don't like being ganked then don't invade. And how would Fromsoftware fix this, exactly? I don't even consider ganking an issue in this game, and I've been killed by gankers a ton.

There are worse things in this game, a lot worse.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:32 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:I hosted this dude several nights in a row and watched EVERY fight. This is just an extension of the complaining he was doing in chat. And the garbage he said about forum members using cheap tactics is complete bull. Especially since I watched HIM chain stab another member here. I stopped summoning him after that. I had to laugh when he wouldn't send me a gg after a fight, "no gg for Kat users" was the response I got. The appropriate respose to getting schooled would be to ask for help on tactics and practice sparring with someone, not say "I quit". This is nothing more than a whining thread and is going nowhere. I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade on this one.

Oh yes King, hahahaha, stunlocking the hell out of everyone. It's not the FC thats making me quit it's dealing with gankers and DWGR ocver 100 times a day. Also I said "no gg for kat users" as a joke you moron. Get a sense of humor and I never chained someone soooo your on *** crack, or your trying to make me look as who I am not. You play with me for a hour top so you don't know **** about me. Don't judge a book by it's cover. If anyone else thinks I use cheap tactics please tell me how so, and yes I "vent" sometimes. Everyone does, and that day I already wasn't Mr. Happy.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Also for everyone saying host instead. I don't have a character that can host...soo i'd have to create a whole new character which I don't feel like doing at this point. I'll probably do it eventually, could anyone tell me epic spots to host at? Also for those saying to just goto the bonfire after every fight...you guys don't understand when I do host there is a non stop of invaders. I seriously can not use buffs when hosting what so ever.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:44 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:If you don't like being ganked then don't invade. And how would Fromsoftware fix this, exactly? I don't even consider ganking an issue in this game, and I've been killed by gankers a ton.

There are worse things in this game, a lot worse.

I do not think so, I'd rather be killed by a glitcher cause afterwards I could have a good laugh about it. When it comes to every single match I play being gankers, I just can't take it anymore. If I want to fight gankers which occasionally I do, i'd goto the forest. I think I'm going to give SL80 in the painted world a try if I do decide to come back. Could anyone PLEASE tell me the point in playing this game when you stand NO CHANCE what so ever in pvp because your always facing 3 people at once? Also 90% of the time I don't use the DWGR so I can't just abuse the i-frames like most do. I like to challenge myself in duels. At this point I can probably say MW3 is better than this games pvp. I like the style of this games PVP but it's just not working out, at least invading isn't. Also I'd say i'm fairly skilled at this game. I can parry quite easily and if I wanted to go all try hard I could probably win most of my fights. I could use some practice in counter bsing and toggle stunlocking but yeah.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Gaxe wrote:I have had it. There is no safe place to duel anymore. Until the DC comes out I am done, and if it doesn't fix this bull then I am done permanetly. I did not pay $60 to be gang raped every match even in the burg EVERY match it's gankers or glitchers. I have had it with this community. It was once good and pure but look what it has become, a world where people have to gank to feel any sense of honour. Sorry for the ranting but I just can't take it anymore, even the FC's are becomeing bad, known people are using cheap tricks to win and it's just not fun anymore. I use to have such a blast on this game when people actually knew how to fight good and with honour, not anymore. Please From fix this damn game or I'm not buying the next souls game -.-

"even the fc's are becoming bad, known people are using cheap tactics to win"

I am not trying to make you look bad. You are doing it to yourself by whining and complaining everywhere.

Last edited by The Once-Ler on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:46 am