Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FattyOfDoom
PwnasauresRex
Forum Pirate
N_Raist
CaligoIllioneus
Sloth9230
The Letter X
Ahhotep1
Rynn
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ThatPerson
Skarectum
TheMeInTeam
hageshisa
skarekrow13
RANT
robsthedon
argotthar
ROOSTER330
wolfboy
White Knight Wulf
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Uparkaam
FinPeku
cloudyeki
Quarik
Bamjam
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Rudmed
nsane32
dancash1808
Brokewilly
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Emergence
reim0027
DarkW17
44 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 22 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Giant BS hammer is nice - very good stunlock. Is underestimated a lot.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:41 pm

the giant hammer has some freaking reach, the first time i went up agaisnt it i got stunlocked to death lol, the other hammers are good but are just weaker versions of the mace, i would try the giant hammer since its freaking huge and has good reach.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Haha - just link this to gankers when they QQ at you. They will laugh their asses off and stop ganking...

Stereotypical Conversation between two ganking buddies.
    'Word around the forest is you have a fat c'ck.' "Yes, I do." 'Well I have a fat c'ck too - perhaps we should rub our fat c'cks together sometime... maybe a little oil, two fat c'cks... Together. Oil.'

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:08 pm

@Infamous - I'm dying of laughter over here!!!This looks like one of those generic HR training videos - I can't believe they said the word c$%@ - OMG :shock: !!! "Oh..Bill I hate when you do that! lol "
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Yeah I ran the numbers on my SL84 for the Blacksmith GH and HoV. The Blacksmith does some impressive damage - the 300 raw lightning AR probably enhances the stun-lock of the weapon.The HoV is 1 unit lighter and does far less damage but its probably less of stamina drain resulting in more swings.I did notice the HoV does a little fire damage which was unexpected. I should be getting both weapons shortly.

As always I appreciate everyone's input.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Hmm... I just "fought" the same ganker three times in a row. I wasn't actually trying to fight him, just waste his time and troll a bit. First time, i tricked him to fall off a ledge and die. The invasion lasted about a minute. Second time, i tricked his phantom to fall. Then i harassed and trolled him by the ladder, until he got away and I killed him with wog stagger + backstab combo. That invasion lasted a bit over 15 minutes. Third time, i simply ran around the forest, dropped about 50 prism stones, shooting him and his phantom with dragonslayer bow and occasionally backstabbed him. This lasted about 25 minutes, and since no one else invaded, he committed a suicide.

After he killed himself, i actually started to feel a little bit sorry and bad. Should i? What do you guys think? (by the way, i have all three invasions recorded)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Upload them and no! Do not feel bad about that Damnit!!!
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Hmm... Maybe i'm just getting soft, lol I mean, I laughed my *** off while doing it, but when he suicided it made me feel bad.

I'm not gonna upload the whole thing, but i might upload some parts of it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:51 pm

They're just *******, suiciding is the same as when you kill they're phantoms and they disconnect.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:34 am

RantFromRant wrote:Upload them and no! Do not feel bad about that Damnit!!!
    This!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:29 am

reim0027 wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:Upload them and no! Do not feel bad about that Damnit!!!
    This!

Yep - no mercy for the weak of heart. If that dude wants to host in the forest then he has to have the "minerals" to do it. The dude was hoping for some easy win sand then you showed up on the scene making his life unbearable so he decided to end it all lol Excellent days work Proper Bow !!

I did feel sorry once for 2 dudes in Ano and Dukes - I kept invading and killing them. I started to feel so sad I did a full day of invasions in the forest just to feel better about life lol!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:46 am

FinPeku wrote:That invasion lasted a bit over 15 minutes. Third time, i simply ran around the forest, dropped about 50 prism stones, shooting him and his phantom with dragonslayer bow and occasionally backstabbed him.
    PLEASE come invade me while I'm ganking. That is hilarious, and i love seeing people that are taking it as not-seriously as me.

I like to get on mic with phantoms i summon, listen to them orgasm as they super tryhard, and then flip out when i start spamming soul arrow and not healing them.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:49 am

Rynn wrote:PLEASE come invade me while I'm ganking. That is hilarious, and i love seeing people that are taking it as not-seriously as me.

I like to get on mic with phantoms i summon, listen to them orgasm as they super tryhard, and then flip out when i start spamming soul arrow and not healing them.
    Sometimes i take it seriously. And invade with slb mura, hornet ring, power within, pursuers or whatever. But i can't play like that too much or i'll just start burning out. I need some trolling/dueling/regular invasions/pve every now and then. Your ganking sounds awesome lol But you're on xbox, right?

I have edited some of the footage now, but it is hard to make 45 minutes of running around forest look interesting and as funny as it was for me big grin
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:43 am

Yeah, I'm on X-box.
    When I'm ganking i tend to spam soul arrow, or other very weak spells. I also have 24 casts of dark bead in case someone super-tryhards me, but it's mostly just soul arrow fun from me, with a random phantom of the day who, as a bonified ganker, tries to kill you by any means possible.

If he dies i start spamming "I'm sorry" over and over, and then i start spamming soul arrow again.

Surprisingly i kill a LOT of people, i'm surprised at how many people try to tank the soul arrows presuming they don't matter.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Broke a few more days n my connection will b back I cnt wait Hurrah
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm being stretched pretty thin right now. Being a member of 3 different covenants can do that to you. Plus, I've been working on a project that hopefully will pay off in the future for making builds. So, what's the latest ganker host trend?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:42 pm

High poise mid rollers are much more common than before 1.06. Almost no one ninja flips, which is nice. Some do though. So many gold tracers that it's starting to get ridiculous. A lot of dark magic and Artorias cosplays. Also, it might be just bad luck, but i've had much more 3v1's than before.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:17 pm

Wolfof Phyrexia wrote:Broke a few more days n my connection will b back I cnt wait Hurrah

Good deal - I want to host some duels in the moonpit soon with some other players.Nothing like some goods duels among friends.

Well I have not jumped back in the forest with both feet as of yet (a little invading here and there) but its good to receive some intel on the gank. I knew the g. tracer was going to be overused - that is the only new weapon I am truly wary of. I also thought 3v1 ganks would be more commnon now to overcome the v1.06 nerfs - gankers will be gankers as they say. We shall give them the good fight though - no matter what their tactics are.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm really bad at fighting 3v1. I need all my stamina to dodge and keep some distance to avoid backstabs. I can win a good amount of 2v1s if i use my main forest hunter build, but 3v1s are much more difficult. I think that's were good parry/backstab skills are even more important than usually.

How do you guys handle 3v1s and have you been successful in them?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Sadly I've only gotten in three 3v1 and won only one of them, wake up parries are a must when facing three guys. A lot of countering bs and bs'ing. Also a curve sword like the fashion is very useful to cancel backstabs.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:14 pm

You've won one out of three 3v1s? I actually consider that a very good job. Wake up parries? You mean parrying after you get backstabbed, or after you have backstabbed?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:40 pm

I can't remember if I've even encouctered a 3v1 as a FH.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:10 pm

I mean when you get bsed and the other guy is waiting to chain you then as soon as you get up you turn around and parry them.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:19 pm

FinPeku wrote:How do you guys handle 3v1s and have you been successful in them?

3v1's are tough - I don't think I have ever beaten a 3v1 outright.You just can't watch all of the angles and attack your opponents at the same time 😢 . It quickly becomes a war of attrition and since you have the numbers against you will lose most of the time. I agree wake parries and all types of BSs will be needed to come out on top in most cases. Keeping your stamina up is also key - this is an area I constantly struggle with so that would be my enemy also. Keep at it though cause we have all know beating a 3v1 can be done. cheers

I finally got the smithy hammers - BSGH, HoV and I made a chaos blacksmith hammer. The BSGH is a monster twisted - only one dude has beaten me thus far with it (me and this guy have a little duel streak going on in the Burg big grin ). I can tank most initial hits then you simple have to go to work the BSGH - the stun-lock is ridicolous. Also I'm loving the 1H/2H jumping attack - its surprisingly fast and effective.

The HoV just looks very cool but appears to be the weaker of the three. Will be posting some vids of me playing around with them soon.

Still struggling with duels on my SL128. I decided to drop some weight by carrying a small shield - made a magic warrior's round shield. It has decent magic defense but low stability but I'm going to give it whirl since I try to evade most attacks. I just want to see how it works against DM attacks when I have no choice but to block. This has also allowed me to increase my poise to 37 without the Wolf ring - just need to be able to tank one katana hit.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:07 pm

So, i managed to cut 40 minutes of trolling into 15 minutes. Here is the incident with that poor ganker who didn't know, that sometimes us hunters have way too much patience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPwcX1vVhbM

I cut out a looot of running around, waiting, backstabbing, r1 mashing, healing and dragonslayer bow sniping. I hope the video is even half as entertaining as the trolling was lol

Edit: Oh, and if you have a better name for that video, please share it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:01 pm