Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
Back Lot Basher
Zephryl
defacto
Hue
Sloth9230
GrinTwist
eminusx
Ser Isaac
The Wandering Knight
GkMrBane
Steel Dragon74
felclef
Rynoa
bart95
BIG TIME MASTER
Rarayn
xSomax
ViralEnsign_
Krasouski
PlasticandRage
Pesth
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Christoph
tard01
ssss_2_is_pwnage
Xskulled
Shindori
Gazman0169
Seignar
Siegfried.
raecor14
Myztyrio
Argetlam350
cloudyeki
Razielthemanslayer
RANT
IceIfrit666
mugenis4real
Pratix
Mr. Tart
44 posters

Imagine if you...

Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Imagine if you... - Page 2 Empty Re: Imagine if you...

Post by Pesth Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:16 pm

I would love to see Astora, imagine a "DLC" like area on a quest to astora
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:41 pm

I'd love to see that, too.

Perhaps the Astora Straight Sword might get a much-needed buff.

Or!

Better idea:

Astora Greatsword.
    Xskulled
    Xskulled
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xskulled Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:01 pm

This thread is in great need of a bump :!:
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Myztyrio wrote:I suppose DkS could use something akin to the Old Monk fight in DeS.

I was going to say the same thing. I thought that was such a creative idea. Definitely can be one of the hardest areas in the game to complete if you get someone really good at pvp as the champion that keeps being summoned, which Ive certainly had happen before. For my area I think a gigantic mountain would be cool, like with deep snow and blizzards and strong winds, so that just getting through the area itself is a challenge aside from the enemies too. Then at the precipice you fight a big epic boss battle. Like some big monster that lives at the top of it.
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:47 pm

The Black Knight armory
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:09 pm

I would like to see a DLC/ Area set in say.... the Branches of the Archtrees that hold Lordran up. You would fall or be knocked from one of lordrans area by the main boss of that area and find your self in a forest/ maze of Branches....

but what you find in the Branches will challenge your very understaning of Lordran......!

Oh and the boss would be found in some vast hollow of the tree or at the very foot of it where you have to cross the earth for the first time to reach it.

As for NPC's you would find the God of War, exiled and still wandering..... he would guide you down through the branches and end up aiding you in the final fight, Patches would also be there doing his thing, and also a cleric from Thorlolund or something like that.

This would see new Pyros and one or two new utility miracles, including a cleansing wave miracle that negates buffs for 15 seconds if you get it off.

Armours would be found along the way and be old knights and undead who tried to climb the archtrees from other lands or those who were exiled from Lordran....so one boss would be The Exile, a massive hulking demon formed from the bitter emotions of one of gwyns cast of knights.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:50 am

i think a dream world would be interesting, where everything is surreal, and somewhat distorted. have any of you seen the effect when going down an elevator where the colors leave a sort of after-image? something like that, but the entire area does it naturally. the enemies could be wisps that randomly select an enemy in the real world, from a hollow soldier to a taurus demon, maybe even some of the bosses, like ornstein(but severely less powerful). basically, the entire area's point is to figure out what is going on, while fighting off the demons of your past at the same time.

as for how to get there, a special item would do it, that can only be used at firelink shrine, the one truly safe area in the game, unless your stupid.

Odd Figure

"an odd statue-ette that is constantly shifting its shape, but remains mysteriously solid. dark energies surround this figure, making you strangely drowsy"

Using this item puts your character to sleep, but the dark energies invade your dreams. can only be used in firelink shrine

basically, using this item causes the pent up energies in the statue-ette to knock out your character, causing him to pass out where he/she is. after that, you find yourself in the dream world, fighting to figure out whats going on.

as for a boss, i'll leave that to your imagination
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:05 am

Wheel Skeleton Racing Arena.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:23 am

Your character is swallowed by a giant serpent and has to platform his way out through pits of stomach acid and other rancid things. Only environmental dangers. It would be a short level, maybe an hour long, just something to change the pace a little.

I would also like a labrynth filled with minotaurs. They would be similar to the Capra demons in their fighting style, very aggressive with powerful attacks. The labrynth would be littered with bones and appear to be ancient, and of course must be hard as hell to figure out. This might be pushing it, but if there was a way to design it so that every time it was different, that would be awesome.
    bart95

Post by bart95 Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:37 am

How about a fusion of Blight town, but with the archers from Anor Lando. We'll call it...Ragetown Lando! :3
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:00 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I would also like a labrynth filled with minotaurs. They would be similar to the Capra demons in their fighting style, very aggressive with powerful attacks. The labrynth would be littered with bones and appear to be ancient, and of course must be hard as hell to figure out. This might be pushing it, but if there was a way to design it so that every time it was different, that would be awesome.

I agree, that would be awesome
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:58 am

a randomized labyrinth eh... that would indeed be awesome. as for the caprataur(thats what i'ma call it) dear god help us all. the reason the 2 seperately are easy to fight is due to their opposing strengths, the taurus being slow but heavily more effective, while the capra is the other way around. your saying a fast, powerful demon would be a regular enemy there?

Spoiler:

my challenge craze aside, this would work really well. maybe if we conjoined our ideas, having the maze make up the middle of the area(this being the one and only constant in the world, still having the maze itself randomized, as well as the boss, being any of 3 possible dream bosses or any of the real world ones), leaving the dream wisps outside of the maze, or maybe even keeping them in for added challenge, or better yet, making the ones inside the maze gravelord versions, and having a random item be in the middle of the maze, after having defeated the boss of the area. anything from a soul of a lost undead to a random weapon of almost any kind(like a shotel for example, but no boss soul weapons)

heck we could have it so that the dream-only bosses drop boss souls that can be used to make specialized weapons as well, maybe even having them upgrade into a "dream" class weapon. completely randomized effect(with limits) may cause bleed, poison, toxic, poise, physical, magical, fire, lightning, anything. might go through a shield, might be about as effective as a broken sword. basically, dream class weapons would be a mix of every weapon, but with varying degrees of effectiveness, depending on your luck. it would of course need base damage, to keep it effective, but not a lot. maybe 100 max. the rest would be completely randomized, to adding 1 more, adding 200 more, adding bleed or other side effects, may be a total guard breaker, may take off half a stamina. in other words, a complete gamble. i think this would be bad-***.

feel free to disregard this wall of text
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:49 am

Mr. Tart wrote:Actually, now that i think of it, i'd add a puzzle like mysterious forest with a dark atmosphere. The forest would unravel mysteries that we never got an answer to. It would mainly be based on traps and puzzles and not so much enemies as most other areas, it would also give you hope just so that it could later on break you down..
    Like maybe finding some sort of companion that turns out to be the final boss of the whole area...Yeah, that's def what i'd have added as an DLC!

I dig this one!! Puzzles!
    And you meet this kinda friend who helps you and sells you maybe a couple of things and directs you toward the end of the area, and then you find out he/she's the boss!

As for my own area, I always wanted a lower-Anor Londo but I feel like it would be similar to many other areas, I'd like something different!
    Like, royal woods, although obviously almost-identical to Darktoor, have this new atmosphere... I mean, you can hear birds chirping! Where else in DS can you hear birds chirping?
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Imagine you are frantically running through the labrynth, you turn a corner and all of a sudden, towering before you is the biggest nastiest motherflippingflapping minotaur you've ever seen, but before you can say "holy monkey slinging poo!" the beast is jackhammering you with clubbed fist and trying to jam you into his feed hole.

The ambient noise would be utterly silent. You only hear your footsteps and the clang of your armor, but everytime you stop you think you can just faintly here something large breathing heavily.
    felclef
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:46 pm

tl;dr

but, if I can add something, would be the "5th Arch Stone where Pigmy fight the Dead Everlasting Dragon because of the Pendant".
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:17 am

I would add two areas, one within the other

The outer area would be mostly a formless continualy rippling waste
    The waste itself would be populated by strange formless creatures that when in combat would form different limbs etc to fit its situation (e.g if your far away from one it might form some sort of ranged attack or alternatly a pair of legs/wings to close the distance quickly).
    Scattered through this waste would be solid points of the real world on which enemies related to those place would be found as well as the levels items, NPCs and bonfires

At the centre of this area is a giant swirling tower forming out of the wastes
    While this tower would seem formless on the outside on the inside the floors would become more and more solid the higher you went. Each floor would also be different and in some cases wouldn't even seem to be inside e.g a forest area might look like its outdoors
    Thing such as a dedicated pvp floor would be present as well

The story behide these two areas is that when something is destroyed in the real world it ends up at the edge of the waste, most things would be swallowed by the waste quikly but a peice of them like a building or a landmark would stay (the solid points),so things like a pice of Oolacile or mabey something from demon souls might be there. As they are forgotten in the real world they slowly drift towards the tower at the centre and are swollowed up by it, things that area forgoten more quickly move faster while storys that are passed down through generations will stay near the edge.

The tower at the centre is where the things that are forgotten completely are transformed into things that have not yet come to pass, when it is fully formed it will detatch from the top of the tower and that is when it comes into the real world where it will eventually fall and come back to the waste.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:04 am

Big wall o' text ahead.
    Spoiler:
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:20 am

thats an interesting thought as well tart. i think all of us want a somewhat randomized area, or a changing one at least, as well as some form of labyrinth or puzzle based areas. honestly, it doesn't seem like a bad idea at all
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:23 am

Glad you enjoyed it. happy
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:24 am

An area that looks like the kilin but with structures and have it so that you get constantly invaded by random NPC's that match you in lvl and that have random sets of armor and random weapons and can use any weapon that is equiped to their full effect and then make it so that regular people can invade as well but are considered enemies by the NPC.

P.s it would be really cool if the community could create the NPC builds and upload them to be used at random for the right lvls players though.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:32 pm

WTF I killed this thread to. DAmmmititj!!!!
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The Wandering Knight Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:44 pm

anything that i can explore. happy as long as theres no mimics :|
    bart95

Post by bart95 Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:00 pm

The Wandering Knight wrote:anything that i can explore. happy as long as theres no mimics :|

I propose...Chest Londo.

There is no floor. There are no walls. There are no enemies. Just chests. Chests everywhere. And all of them look identical from the colour to the chain, in fact, remove the chain. Have fun. big grin
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ser Isaac Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Hmm... I would add additional landcapes in the Great Hollow. Where when you see the everlasting Dragon he opens a path for you once you reach +3 in his covenant granting new areas where it involves the Dark and Gray Cursed Geckos and a boss that created the curse. Not the Dark Sign but the ailment in which you get cursed when exposed to the fumes. And by then killing him he offers a souls to create a spell weapon buff (miracle/pyo/sorc idk..) Or a unique cursed weapon that causes the same fog effect when twohanding it and the casting is the same as Obsidian great sword and the dragonking axe.

Very vague details but this is just a small spark of my imagination of what I would like to see.
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The Wandering Knight Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 pm

bart95 wrote:
    The Wandering Knight wrote:anything that i can explore. happy as long as theres no mimics :|

I propose...Chest Londo.

There is no floor. There are no walls. There are no enemies. Just chests. Chests everywhere. And all of them look identical from the colour to the chain, in fact, remove the chain. Have fun. big grin
    Prostration ... *suffers nervous breakdown*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:09 am