Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Rifter7
Uparkaam
Kiljax
vatar5
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Xskulled
Noob-of-Artorias
ChizFreak
12 posters

Dark Souls has it's own NEXUS!!!! (like the one of Skyrim, for mods)

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Dark Souls has it's own NEXUS!!!! (like the one of Skyrim, for mods) Empty Dark Souls has it's own NEXUS!!!! (like the one of Skyrim, for mods)

Post by ChizFreak Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:33 pm

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Bring it on!

Tell all the people you can so we can start to populate the nexus, and people start posting there all the mods they develop. If we can centralize all the mods and attention there, we will be sure getting a solid modding-community.

http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/

Durante (the guy who made DSFix) is one of the main guys too!

See this tutorial made by a guy of how to get into modding, showing as an example how to change the icons used for the controllers:

Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark Souls has it's own NEXUS!!!! (like the one of Skyrim, for mods) Empty Re: Dark Souls has it's own NEXUS!!!! (like the one of Skyrim, for mods)

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Way cool, can't wait to see what the modding community will come up with, I'd love to see what kind of texture packs they can come up with...

Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before some basement dweller creates the nude mod for female characters.... =(
    Xskulled
    Xskulled
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls has it's own NEXUS!!!! (like the one of Skyrim, for mods) Empty Re: Dark Souls has it's own NEXUS!!!! (like the one of Skyrim, for mods)

Post by Xskulled Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before some basement dweller creates the nude mod for female characters.... =(

Gibe nudes pls Dark Souls has it's own NEXUS!!!! (like the one of Skyrim, for mods) 1330857165
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:26 am

gwynevere.....

scratch that,

Mildred....<3
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:42 am

... *try to think of a woman in Dark Souls*

...nude Butcher?
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:46 am

Guys Guys Guys....we all know who's sexy....it's the Dark Moon Knightess...right?

*reads Brass Armor description*....***....
    Kiljax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kiljax Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:31 am

Willing to get a beard mod for my viking. Vikings look like hobos if they don't have a beard sad
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:39 am

Naked, bearded hollow women. We'll probably see a mod like that.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:41 am

i was expecting a video of an actual nexus from demon's souls.

i am disappoint.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 am

We all know exactly what mod we need. Lightsabres Dark Souls has it's own NEXUS!!!! (like the one of Skyrim, for mods) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKpO_y8iJxB0gFrdIx0m057MkRTXoBz5hhBVxh6S5cjmjXAldyQRYiHQ
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:35 pm

someone must have missed the helmetless npc mod, mildred actually looks pretty good!

plus im a fan of meat dishes and she knows how to catch and cook! lol
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:14 pm

ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:We all know exactly what mod we need. Lightsabres Dark Souls has it's own NEXUS!!!! (like the one of Skyrim, for mods) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKpO_y8iJxB0gFrdIx0m057MkRTXoBz5hhBVxh6S5cjmjXAldyQRYiHQ

who needs lightsabers when you have iaitos buffed with magic weapon... is almost the same thing big grin

I'll not download much armours stuff, i think just recoulours and HUD improvements
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Oh and i might quote one of the news on the Site

"I wanted to get a notice out to as many authors and uploaders as possible about a few things regarding our etiquette here on the Nexus, especially in regards to cheats and trainers. As far as I'm concerned cheats that only work in the single-player version of any game are absolutely fine and you are free to upload such cheats to any relevant Nexus site. If you want to cheat, that's your prerogative and I really couldn't care much less. However, if the cheats you upload also work in a multi-player component of the game then this is absolutely not OK, and we do not allow such things to be uploaded to any Nexus site.

Because of the way Dark Souls has been designed the lines between single-player and multi-player have been blurred and, as such, most (if not all) the trainers and cheats available for the game also work in the multi-player version. Ergo these cheats and trainers will not be allowed on Dark Souls Nexus. We do not want to facilitate multi-player cheating in any way, shape or form. If you see any cheats on the Nexus that work in the multi-player aspect of the game please report them immediately and they'll be dealt with."

Here's the link: http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/news/4/
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:38 pm

I dunno how fighting nude persons would affect PvP o/
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Just think about it guys, we're just in the baby steps of modding, the community now is just able to modify textures, that includes replacing and recoloring them. But Durante has already told that he is already investaging how the rest of the game engine works, like the way 3D models work, just imagine, we could make Solaire invade you instead of Kirk lol.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:32 pm

I just realized! someone need to do a two handled Free-Aim mode to crossbows RIGH NOW!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:49 pm

gravelord lich mode....

new weapons...

spells to rival the gods themselves....
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:33 pm

extinguish the everlasting dragon bonfire?
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:01 pm

I'd like someone to retexture the Balder Shield with this:

http://vrass.deviantart.com/art/Guardian-Shield-Process-243472329?q=gallery%3Avrass%2F10429276&qo=4

That would be pretty sick.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:42 am

What is the website for all of these mods? I'd really like to download some.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:58 pm

ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:What is the website for all of these mods? I'd really like to download some.

What you mean? The nexus is:

To download a mod in the nexus you need to click the mod's page. Then click on the tab Files. It's to the right of the tab Description. Just click it, look for the most recent version of the mod in all of the files there (there is usually one though), and click "download manually", the rest you can figure it out.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:21 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:What is the website for all of these mods? I'd really like to download some.

To download a mod in the nexus you need to click the mod's page. Then click on the tab Files. It's to the right of the tab Description. Just click it, look for the most recent version of the mod in all of the files there (there is usually one though), and click "download manually", the rest you can figure it out.

Haha, thanks. I'm smart XD Sorry, never done anything with PC games or mods before Dark Souls so I didn't catch that.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:02 pm

ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

Haha, thanks. I'm smart XD Sorry, never done anything with PC games or mods before Dark Souls so I didn't catch that.

Just to make sure haha:

To install texture mods you need to have the DSFix installed and enable Texture override. (warning!: do not enable by mistake Texture dump!, just enable Texture Override).

Once you done it. All mods come in rars, so you have to extract them, then paste the all the files (except for the Readme that some mods contain) in the folder "tex_override" inside the DSFix folder in the folder DATA of Dark Souls. So it would be something like:

Steam/steamapps/common/Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition/DATA/DSFix/tex_override/ <<< inside this folder paste the files and done! Enjoy!

Here is a mod I absolutely recommend to anyone, it modifies the Brass Set, mainly by changing it's color to Silver:

http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/10

Preview (image):

Spoiler:

Keep in mind this mod only affects the armor itself but when worn by the player. I mean that the Darkmoon Firekeeper won't have this armor.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:04 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

Just to make sure haha:

To install texture mods you need to have the DSFix installed and enable Texture override. (warning!: do not enable by mistake Texture dump!, just enable Texture Override).

Once you done it. All mods come in rars, so you have to extract them, then paste the all the files (except for the Readme that some mods contain) in the folder "tex_override" inside the DSFix folder in the folder DATA of Dark Souls. So it would be something like:

Steam/steamapps/common/Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition/DATA/DSFix/tex_override/ <<< inside this folder paste the files and done! Enjoy!

Here is a mod I absolutely recommend to anyone, it modifies the Brass Set, mainly by changing it's color to Silver:

http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/10

Preview (image):

Spoiler:

Sorry if i'm asking to many questions, but last time I added the dsfix to my game it made my game run reaaaallllyyy freaken slowly, like in slow motion or something, did I do something wrong? My computer is more than good enough to handle it but I feel like I messed something up. >.< any ideas on why it did it?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:11 pm

and i thought you'd found a secret area called the nexus like on demons souls lol, i'm so disappointed sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:04 am